Flat Bottom Multifunction Steering Wheel

DJ-S3

Reaction score
I was just wondering how hard it was to buy one of these and how hard it was to fit?

Anyone tried it? If so how much did the Steering Wheel cost? How did you fit it? Someone else or yourself?

I bought a second hand steering wheel & air bag for 6K (HKD). went for a rewrap, so the steering wheel is thicker...
installation was only a 15 mins job... but a special tool is needed to get the job done...
so i asked the garage to get it done for 500 (HKD)....
the best mod i have on the babe...

new ones can be found here ("Steering Wheel - S3 [8P0419091CK] - $725.00 : OEMplus.com, Original Equipment")

Last edited:
Whattttt..... I'll be buying a S3 with one already fitted then if thats the case.

To give you some idea of the UK costs. According to the parts catalogue ETKA, the flat botton steering wheels costs £372, the same but multi-function is £463 and if you need a new airbag unit to match the wheel this is £648. Not a cheap option!!!

To give you some idea of the UK costs. According to the parts catalogue ETKA, the flat botton steering wheels costs £372, the same but multi-function is £463 and if you need a new airbag unit to match the wheel this is £648. Not a cheap option!!!

Thats better, but still more than i was thinking.

Dave, the prices on my ETKA dont seem to make sense half the time... can you find out the price for a RS3 or RS6 wheel? i want the thicker one but would need an airbag... had a look on ebay but those seem way to much for this wheel...

I think the cheapest I've seen one was on ebay and it was £500 with airbag and MF buttons. That was a DSG one off a TTS. DSG ones seem to fetch a little less on ebay auctions probably because there are more people with manuals which drives the bidding up.

Dave, the prices on my ETKA dont seem to make sense half the time... can you find out the price for a RS3 or RS6 wheel? i want the thicker one but would need an airbag... had a look on ebay but those seem way to much for this wheel...

The RS3 flat bottom wheel with tiptronic paddles lists at £648. The RS6 wheel, again with tiptronic paddles lists at £512. The airbag seems to be the same for both at around £648. As you say there doesn't seem to much logic in the pricing.

hmmm... i have a manual so the flappy paddles are useless to me... but after seeing one of the RS3 wheels at ADI fully perforated i am now in love!

Get the TTRS one they are alot thicker than the other wheel

Get the TTRS one they are alot thicker than the other wheel
i think the RS3 and RS6 wheels are the same as the TT-RS

here are the ones i have seen on ebay:

AUDI S-LINE STEERING WHEEL S5 RS3 RS6 RS4 RS5 TTS R8 S3 Q7 S4 S6 S7 S8 TTRS A3 | eBay

AUDI S-LINE STEERING WHEEL _S5 S6 RS6 RS4 RS5 TTS R8 S3 | eBay

Audi Q7 A4 A6 A8 RS6 S-Line Sportlenkrad Airbag+Lenkrad | eBay

REAL CARBON Leder Lenkrad AUDI TT S-LINE TTS 8J R8 RS6 | eBay

NEU+ORGINAL Audi Q7 A4 A6 A8 RS6 RS 6 Sportlenkrad Airbag + Lenkrad Lederlenkrad | eBay

AUDI TTRS STEERING WHEEL S5 S-LINE RS6 RS4 RS5 TTS R8 S3 Q7 S4 S6 S7 S8 TTRS A3 | eBay

as you can see the prices are soo far apart from each other it makes no sense... and worst part is i heard its cheaper at the dealers!

that carbon one is nice though :wub:

It depends on what car you are fitting it to. If the car doesn't already have a MFSW then you will probably need to replace the steering ecu for a highline one. You will also require coding if there's no MFSW as standard.

The physical job of swapping out the wheel isn't that difficult if you've got the right tool for the bolt in the middle of the wheel. I can't remember what tool it is that's required.

Ash, why not just get the cheapest you can find and get it retrimmed how you want? It would probably work out cheaper and be unique.

I quite fancy a standard non flat bottom with some alcantara.

well you can take my sline MFSW and re trim it!
oh you need a M16 spline to take off the wheel.

£650 for a steering wheel is alot! then to retrim it again?? how much does that take you back??

It depends on what car you are fitting it to. If the car doesn't already have a MFSW then you will probably need to replace the steering ecu for a highline one. You will also require coding if there's no MFSW as standard.

The physical job of swapping out the wheel isn't that difficult if you've got the right tool for the bolt in the middle of the wheel. I can't remember what tool it is that's required.

Surely my panel beater friend will have one. Well i'd of thought he would, be shocking if he couldnt fix everything wrong with a car just because of a tool.