Flat bottom steering wheel

S3_NDJ

Reaction score
Hi all

Sorry this is my first post on the 8P forum however im on the 8L one a fair amount
I have bought the steering wheel below and im looking for a airbag to fit that is installed into the wheel by screws (pic 3)
And that has a single stage detination ? Has anyone got one or have a part number for a particular one that will fit ???
Thanks all
Uploadfromtaptalk1436181042098
Uploadfromtaptalk1436181054047
Uploadfromtaptalk1436181058784

I think this wheel is only a stage 2 air bag.It has been known for a stage 2 to be rewired for a stage 1 but because of what it is you will be damn lucky to get anyone to help you.

Thats what i thought in a ideal world i would buy a stage 1 but that may obviously not be an option. I have PM'd a couple of people asking as i know they have done it. The reason why is that im putting the wheel in a 8L and im not fussed to much about the multi functions buttons as i have a after market HU anyhows. But i dont like the idea of not having a Airbag .....
I would rather have one that theoreticly has been re wired and has a chance of working.

Also im unsure if i did blank the airbag using a resistor (to aviod the light) would the horn work ? Any ideas?

Should be ok 1m leons do the resistor mod and their horn works.

Possibly angle of the screws look right

Reactions: S3_NDJ
I was thinking of doing the same install but the only one that will work correctly is the A1. It still uses a single stage air bag. But you will also need the cloum ecu to get the buttons working .

Hmm i may have a look at the a1's also then see what sizes and mounts they do if i find anything that works ill pop it up on here