Flat bottom steering wheel

Andy F

S3 quattro Too Darn Soulful ! Get you some a that!
Reaction score
Flat bottom steering wheel for pre face lift sportback,any about is it a big job
Andy F

Air-bag is two-stage on later cars, yours is single; air-bag wouldn't work. Do a search, there's a lot been said.

Thanks Andy F

And abit involved, my A3 is a 2006 pre face lift bought from new when the big grilles first came out its a 2.0Tfsi SE Quattro still only got 55,000 on clock AndyF

Whoa! Sportbacks are facelift single grille models. Mine's a 2005 and an S3 flat-bottomed wheel was a straight fit!

Yours a straight fit BUTwont fit mine ? Andy F

Should fit yours. In your OP you said yours was pre-facelift but it's not. I didn't twig the Sportback bit, my bad, and you didn't put the year in.
If you get the same spec., i.e. multi-function or not, paddles or not, it should go straight in, but may need coding.

Right fangio my A3 is a March 2006 2.0 FSI TURBO Sline SE QUATTRO SPORTBACK first with single grille . Not a multi function steering wheel , so the grille and sportback make it a facelift SORRY for the mixup Andy F

It wouldn't be a cheap job, I have a 57 reg so same model as yours and I got a mfsw put on from originally not having steering wheel buttons.
You would need the new flat bottom wheel, new airbag to match the wheel, new high line steering control module and possibly a new airbag cable/connector for mfsw and then it would all need coding in.
I bought everything 2nd hand apart from the airbag connector which I got new from Audi and then took it all to a garage I know who put it on and coded it in.
If you haven't got cruise control it is also a good time to do that as the steering wheel has to be off to fit cruise control, you would just need the cruise control stalk and cut a hole out of lower cowelling or buy a new lower cowelling with the hole already cut out to fit the stalk in

Thanks ab1702 sounds expensive and to much bother,
Thanks again AndyF

Thanks ab1702 sounds expensive and to much bother,
Thanks again AndyF

At most it's £100 for 2nd hand high line steering module and £50 for airbag connector but then you've got to get the wheel and airbag which will be a few hundred and then someone to fit it

If you needed a supply/fit solution, PM me :)