a3 air filter adaptor to attach cone needed

If you have an 80mm cone (assuming you have as you haven't really said much else about it) then Bill @ Badger 5 sells the stuff to reduce it to fit a 70mm MAF

<tuffty/>

Gonna need a bit more info then mate... its a bit like saying how long is a piece of string...

There are no off the shelf adaptors that I know of but typically the filter attaches to the MAF... if its an 80mm neck on the cone then you will need an 80mm alloy joiner and a 80mm>70mm straight silicon reducer (plus clips to suit)

<tuffty/>

Ah it's a 1.6 so the MAF has no collar to attach a filter so a adaptor plate is needed

Posting the number of the eBay listing would have helped more... if you mean the 'adaptor' that bolts onto something using 4 bolts then thats listed as being for a 1.6ltr A3..

As you have not been specific about what car you have (majority of A3's here are 1.8 turbo's) then I don't know how else we can help you... especially as you appear to have found what you want on eBay any way??

If you have a 1.8t and a 80mm cone then what I said above is what you want.. if this is not what you have then I am not sure what else to suggest until you are a little more forth coming with what your car actually is and if its any different to what is typical..

What is your 'actual' car?...

What size is the neck of the cone filter?..

What are you trying to achieve if you are not trying to fit the cone filter to the MAF?...

<tuffty/>

Sorry for the cofusion guys I thought I said its a 1.6 a3 its the plate I need to go to the maf, the filter is 80mm neck, iv got what I need now, sorry tuftty for the confusion mate

Sorry for the cofusion guys I thought I said its a 1.6 a3 its the plate I need to go to the maf, the filter is 80mm neck, iv got what I need now, sorry tuftty for the confusion mate

No probs... got there eventually :)

Hummm... tbh not seen any one that has done this and not actually seen a 1.6 engine bay or MAF to comment... but if the bolt on thing you have seen on eBay is the right fitment for the MAF but wrong size for the filter then what I suggested still stands..

If this is the adaptor you mean..
Air Filter Inlet Adaptor Audi A3 1.6 1994-1997 | eBay
..then it has a 76mm OD... the 80mm ID of the filter 'may' clamp down on it but I would be aware that it could also damage the neck of the filter if you are not careful...

I was just wonder in best place to get one that all

I would suggest getting it from eBay... there isn't much of a market for tuning parts on the 1.6 engine so surprised that anyone does one at all...

<tuffty/>

Tuftty yes that the one I was on about ebay must be the only place to get it, will 4mm smaller make difference when clamping the filter one il prob but a silicon pipe in-between tbh, yeah I know can't get much performance parts for the 1.6 il prob o ly have it a year longer or so. so was hoping on a filter a nice sounding exhaust I found a remap by a company, then il fit set of the Porsche twist alloys just keep it looking nice obvi its not for speed :D