8V VCDS Mods

I've been trying to active phone mirroring on iPhone 6 for ages what exact parts do I need to achieve this.

Vim is already enabled on MMI i have technology pack on RS3 8V any ideas Would be appreciated

Okaaay :(

Anyway, many thanks for all your tutorials
Welcome :)

There is some thought that changing the Rain Light and humidity sensor from the Audi to a VW one (different part number) will include the sunroof in the feature. I have never tested this tho.

I've been trying to active phone mirroring on iPhone 6 for ages what exact parts do I need to achieve this.

Vim is already enabled on MMI i have technology pack on RS3 8V any ideas Would be appreciated
Easiest and best quality way to do with is:

iPhone > apple Lightning to HDMI cable > HDMI to RCA convertor box > RCA to AMI Cable > AMI Port

16699769 1093374410807816 1439105570 n

Could also use one of these with an AMI to RCA cable, but the quality is not amazing:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Mirro...152757?hash=item1c53641735:g:7boAAOSwEetV~7wn

I have one of these boxes, used, for sale if interested.

iPhone > apple Lightning to HDMI cable > HDMI to RCA convertor box > RCA to AMI Cable > AMI Port

View attachment 117505

Could also use one of these with an AMI to RCA cable, but the quality is not amazing:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Mirror-WIFI-Link-Box-for-Android-iOS-Cell-Phones-to-LCD-Monitors-Miracast-/121658152757?hash=item1c53641735:g:7boAAOSwEetV~7wn

I have all bought all the items listed in the post before it didn't work for me & also another RS3 forum user R55ENS.
IMG 4724

Welcome :)

There is some thought that changing the Rain Light and humidity sensor from the Audi to a VW one (different part number) will include the sunroof in the feature. I have never tested this tho.

I got it to show up in less then 3 minutes!! Thanks to you. I used what you said and went into the coding as I was doing the Gforce gauge. You are the man,Thanks !

Doesn't work like it should,I guess thats where the firmware editing comes in. It shows 100% and 0% and looks cool,But needs a signal to be perfect.

b88d20bd736f468e68c875f23d7be8a1.jpg

Reactions: Rob2k68 and DJAlix

View attachment 117505

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Mirror-WIFI-Link-Box-for-Android-iOS-Cell-Phones-to-LCD-Monitors-Miracast-/121658152757?hash=item1c53641735:g:7boAAOSwEetV~7wn

Ok where did you place the unit once it was fitted?

How was the unit to install?

I got it to show up in less then 3 minutes!! Thanks to you. I used what you said and went into the coding as I was doing the Gforce gauge. You are the man,Thanks !

Doesn't work like it should,I guess thats where the firmware editing comes in. It shows 100% and 0% and looks cool,But needs a signal to be perfect.

b88d20bd736f468e68c875f23d7be8a1.jpg
So... engine data and G meter don't work as they should?

G Force works perfect,I had that done already

RS3 torque / power gauges show 100% and then show 0% and go's back and forth. So I'm assuming it needs some sort of a signal to work like it should.

Ok where did you place the unit once it was fitted?

How was the unit to install?
I never got around to installing the unit fully, I only used it for testing... wired to fuse 20. You will still need a working / compatable RCA to AMI cable to use it tho. Some of the ones on amazon and eBay are advertised as A3 8V (mmi 4g) but actually don't work with the systems. I used a genuine Audi one.

Where did you get the RCA to AMI cable from? Am betting that's your issue...

I bought the AMI lead from eBay UK seller i can't find the buyer now it was a while back do you think that may be the issue.

Do you have a link for another AMI cable what hopefully will work

G Force works perfect,I had that done already

RS3 torque / power gauges show 100% and then show 0% and go's back and forth. So I'm assuming it needs some sort of a signal to work like it should.
Additional hardware needed for the engine data then, so RS3 feature. Good to know the G Meter is working on the S3. Will investigate the hardware differences.

I bought the AMI lead from eBay UK seller i can't find the buyer now it was a while back do you think that may be the issue.

Do you have a link for another AMI cable what hopefully will work
Is prolly the issue to be honest. Will have a look on eBay for a "good" cable and post the link up.

Ok thank you Alex sorry to fill up the VCDS thread with my posts

Additional hardware needed for the engine data then, so RS3 feature. Good to know the G Meter is working on the S3. Will investigate the hardware differences.

Yeah that makes sense,It looks really good tho and I'll keep it for now. Let me know if you find out anything,These look to good to change out lol

Yeah Gforce meter works great,And also looks nice with the red highlights

Reactions: Rob2k68
I was messing around with the display today and didn't know you could change the layout. I need to drive the car more apparently lol

21668844a70526ca2fc0fc0abcdf14a0.jpg
cafc48ac099d0826fe8026a24fb4d6ed.jpg

Sorry I have asked this on another thread, I don't seem to find a, how to retrofit the lights under the door for cars without LED interior package.

Does anyone know how to?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I had a quick look on my S4 to see if I could turn these on and couldn't spot anything obvious. What are they titled up as on the 8v?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok thank you Alex sorry to fill up the VCDS thread with my posts

Done it on a members car on here......

Once I'd unlocked VIM for him iphone mirroring worked perfect ......

6fb5a62ee5e0fda9806dcc5265bfdb70.jpg

614004f3d3af2ee2900c32d0659ca9fa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: DJAlix and Rob2k68

Where did you get the MMI connector from ?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

You little wizard T-800 proof in the pudding it definitely works then Alex believes it must be my AMI RCA converter which I bought from EBay.

Sorry to be a headache could you find out where that AMI lead was bought from please.

Thank you T-800 :salute:

You little wizard T-800 proof in the pudding it definitely works then Alex believes it must be my AMI RCA converter which I bought from EBay.

Sorry to be a headache could you find out where that AMI lead was bought from please.

The chap bought everything off Amazon
So he was telling me anyway.....

It worked like a charm though even with SD display.

Reactions: Raul_sbd
The chap bought everything off Amazon
So he was telling me anyway.....

It worked like a charm though even with SD display.

Ok it must be my AMI lead it worked for you on MMI Low.

I have MMI High hopefully it should work still

Reactions: T-800
@DJAlix

Do you know what these do ? Spent about three hours looking through screens trying to mirror my phone - I didn't change any on these two screen shots below. One has mirror options and one has tv options

82d9719189e5c93040dfc04a7f4ab5ae.jpg
277236245a421ad92ae03d08c5bdcd4d.jpg

I did try adjusting these two below with no luck. I'm wondering if I need to change all of it together ? Such a pita lol

b5de815bdebe520a0e96cea8d73b6c1a.jpg

Ok it must be my AMI lead it worked for you on MMI Low.

I have MMI High hopefully it should work still
It will do :) Sorry, been really busy today but will have a look for a good AMI to RCA cable and post up a link in a bit.

@DJAlix

Do you know what these do ? Spent about three hours looking through screens trying to mirror my phone - I didn't change any on these two screen shots below. One has mirror options and one has tv options

82d9719189e5c93040dfc04a7f4ab5ae.jpg
277236245a421ad92ae03d08c5bdcd4d.jpg

I did try adjusting these two below with no luck. I'm wondering if I need to change all of it together ? Such a pita lol

b5de815bdebe520a0e96cea8d73b6c1a.jpg

Driving School - I have not been able to activate this on my car but could on my PFL with SD Nav. Basically it puts a digital speedo screen saver on your MMI screen, with turn signal icons.

TV Tuner - As it sounds. This is part of the configuration which needs to be used if you have the OEM TV tuner retrofitted / installed. Audi only option this for the "China" market for some strange reason. Seeing OEM installations outside of China is rare due to the cost of the parts, approx £1000 for used, and not many people know how to complete the install :)

Mirror - This looks to be related to screen mirroring and is something I will be testing tomorrow. Screen mirroring could mean two things... 1) mirroring of your connected devices screen 2) mirroring the MMI screen to the VC, which is something used in the TTmk3 to mirror the MMI to the VC as there is not center screen.

Driving School - I have not been able to activate this on my car but could on my PFL with SD Nav. Basically it puts a digital speedo screen saver on your MMI screen, with turn signal icons.

TV Tuner - As it sounds. This is part of the configuration which needs to be used if you have the OEM TV tuner retrofitted / installed. Audi only option this for the "China" market for some strange reason. Seeing OEM installations outside of China is rare due to the cost of the parts, approx £1000 for used, and not many people know how to complete the install :)

Mirror - This looks to be related to screen mirroring and is something I will be testing tomorrow. Screen mirroring could mean two things... 1) mirroring of your connected devices screen 2) mirroring the MMI screen to the VC, which is something used in the TTmk3 to mirror the MMI to the VC as there is not center screen.

Nice,Appreciate the information. I did find a ton of options for enabling driving school but had no idea what it was. I'll mess with that tomorrow sometime. I did find another thing that I couldn't get to work " Dual speedometers " Not sure the purpose of it but it should of worked as I enabled it like I did the gforce meter and RS3 gauges

I tried both options and nothing happened on either my iPhone or android. I was sure that would work. Hopefully you have more luck then me ! Keep us posted

Nice,Appreciate the information. I did find a ton of options for enabling driving school but had no idea what it was. I'll mess with that tomorrow sometime. I did find another thing that I couldn't get to work " Dual speedometers " Not sure the purpose of it but it should of worked as I enabled it like I did the gforce meter and RS3 gauges

I tried both options and nothing happened on either my iPhone or android. I was sure that would work. Hopefully you have more luck then me ! Keep us posted
Not a problem :)

I have noticed that there are a number of "options" presented as long coding bits and adaptation channels for some strange reason, when in fact they are options within another section of the control module known as the Parameter Table. Duel Speedometers could be one of these, cannot remember but a perfect example of this is the Acoustic Alarm on Lock and Unlock on the new A4 8W's. You can set the adaptation channels all your want, same as the 8V method actually, but the feature is never gonna work unless you parameterise it also, something which only three applications can do.

If I may... advice to any and all...

Making changes is addictive! But we really need to be careful when testing possible adaptations & codings and remember that much of the hardware within our cars is actually used within other platforms also, so not everything is going to work...

Safe example = Oil Level Display. We can activate it but its greyed out as only the A4, A5 and Q7 have the needed hardware in place, by way of Audis anyway. This was not very dangerous to play with as its just an MMI menu option but while "testing", as the modules and firmware within the FL are still very new, there could have been a possibility that it could not have been deactivated as it takes time for all the 3rd party tools to play catch up and support the functions. VAG Group does not share any of their information with the 3rd party developers, the 3rd parties have to "work it out". There is also the chance that activating one thing may affect something else. People "testing" is also how I end up seeing a lot of busted cars to repair. I remember when the Golf 7 got the MIB/MMIv2, when some changes were made a bug in a certain application actually removed factory options and features from the unit, and users had to return to VW in order to have their units re-flashed.

A dangerous coding example = in the A1, Rear Teardrop Wipe. Messing with this actually deactivated the A1's HVAC system and front windscreen wipers! lol

I guess what I am trying to say is don't assume that everything is going to work and don't assume that if something does not work that it can always be reversed.

BTW... Perfect example of technology sharing is the Bentley Continental GT. I laugh every time I have one of these come to me for works because 80% of its control modules are actually from the VW Passat / CC lol. A more interesting example would be the new A4 8W, most of its modules are used in the new Bugatti!

Reactions: jemichae, T-800 and Rob2k68

@RS3ER

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321424073117 - RCA video converter

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121970082752 - AMI RCA cable

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222331514577 - Phono adaptors

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252727614950 - Genuine Apple Lighting converter (if you have an iphone)

And then just a HDMI 0.5m cable and a micro usb and apple lighting charging cables.

That's all that i bought and with the kind help of @T-800 and @DJAlix we activated VIM ;)

Happy days as now im using my own navigator of my iphone.. and it works brilliant, better that the one i got activated by Audi at £500
Also in stationary waiting in the car parked I have a cheeky look to the football and all TV stuff ;)

Reactions: DJAlix, Rob2k68 and T-800
@RS3ER

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321424073117 - RCA video converter

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121970082752 - AMI RCA cable

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222331514577 - Phono adaptors

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252727614950 - Genuine Apple Lighting converter (if you have an iphone)

And then just a HDMI 0.5m cable and a micro usb and apple lighting charging cables.

That's all that i bought and with the kind help of @T-800 and @DJAlix we activated VIM ;)

Happy days as now im using my own navigator of my iphone.. and it works brilliant, better that the one i got activated by Audi at £500
Also in stationary waiting in the car parked I have a cheeky look to the football and all TV stuff ;)

Thank you very much for the links I have ordered a new AMI RCA lead from eBay. :smile new:

Reactions: DJAlix, Rob2k68 and Raul_sbd
Im looking for enable this path lines for visual parking as the pic below, I already have the visual parking enabled and I have only the rear parking sensors, anyone can help me?

joU1q89.jpg

Hi lewtontric can I ask if you have a facelift and how you enabled visual parking?

I have a facelift S3 with tech pack advanced but want the display on if anyone knows?

Hi lewtontric can I ask if you have a facelift and how you enabled visual parking?

I have a facelift S3 with tech pack advanced but want the display on if anyone knows?

I have the pre-facelift, but I think the method to enable is the same, just follow this steps:

Yq6RAeS.jpg