****** Wipers

I

imported_migzy

Travelling along the A40 yesterday, starts raining, switch on the wipers and they go schitzo, went all jerky and then into supersonic speed, though they were gonna fly off the car.

Happened every time I tried to put em on. Seems to sort itself out after switching the car off for a while.

But ****** dangerous when ya can't see nothing out of ya windscreen.

Needless to say its at Audi today and i bet they don't find anything.

Migzy

Still alive, just about

Mine do this too. Seems to depend on the conditions. They quite frequently go into full pelt mode when its hardly even raining.

Was yours one of those affected by the recall about 2 years ago? That time the wiper motor was completely failing.

this was beyond full pelt mode, think of the fastest speed their supposed to go at and quadrupal it.

The motors 54 plate, don't know about a recall

cheers

migzy

Ah, sounds like a fault then. The problem I have is due to the rain sensor.

My wipers also annoy me,but I don't think it's a fault.

They go into 'intermittent' mode when I stop at junctions,which is a right pain if it's hissing down and I'm trying to turn right across a dual carriageway,as I do every night.

Why on earth have Audi plumped for this 'feature' ??

[ QUOTE ]
If I stop at a junction and it is chucking it down, mine keep going....

[/ QUOTE ]

You have rain sensors though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yes I was confused as well Eeef, because mine never stop when it's raining, but like you I have the rain sensors.

On a total different theme, seeing the Greamlin you used at the end of you post, does anyone else think the low fuel warning symbol in the DIS look like a petrol pump about to shoot itself in the head! Don't see very often, but when I do it always make me think that.

ain't got rain sensors, the cars just possesed.

probably gremlins

missing my 3.2, got a A4 2.5 on loan, it ain't bad, but it's just not the same

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If I stop at a junction and it is chucking it down, mine keep going....

[/ QUOTE ]

You have rain sensors though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

So if you want to be able to see whilst stopped in the rain,you have to order rain sensors ?

Brilliant...well done Audi...bravo... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

You could try the flick wipe - one of the advantages of driving with your hands at 10 to 2 or quarter to 3 position. Just a slight movement of one finger. The other alternatively is to change you car as you hate it and Audi so much !

For Bowfer's benefit, does any know how many other cars switch their wipers to intermittent when they stop so that he can avoid asking for one.

[ QUOTE ]
You could try the flick wipe - one of the advantages of driving with your hands at 10 to 2 or quarter to 3 position. Just a slight movement of one finger. The other alternatively is to change you car as you hate it and Audi so much !

For Bowfer's benefit, does any know how many other cars switch their wipers to intermittent when they stop so that he can avoid asking for one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what to do David,but it doesn't excuse the fact it's a stupid idea.

By the way,two hands on the wheel didn't stop you getting done by mobile speed cameras twice,did it ?

Perhaps your driving gloves obscured the warning sign and high-visibility van ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yours,one handed and clean licenced,but unable to see when I'm stopped in the rain,Bowfer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I know what to do David,but it doesn't excuse the fact it's a stupid idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

Religion and war are stupid ideas.

Been around a lot longer than cars.

[ QUOTE ]
By the way,two hands on the wheel didn't stop you getting done by mobile speed cameras twice,did it ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that really the best you can come up with Bowfer.

My driving technique has stopped me having any accidents, apart from a young lady running into the back of me whilst I was stopped at traffic lights in German, in 40 years of driving so I'm quite happy with it thank you.

Do they actually have mobile speed camera vans in the Aberdeen area ?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, they all do it, unless you have rain sensors. Answer to problem ( which has never affected me really ) is if this is the case bowfer, switch your intermittent setting to fast.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do they actually have mobile speed camera vans in the Aberdeen area ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, they sure do, and tey're getting more common place by the minute /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, they all do it, unless you have rain sensors. Answer to problem ( which has never affected me really ) is if this is the case bowfer, switch your intermittent setting to fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

All Audis Japper,or all new cars ?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

All Audis Japper,or all new cars ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was referring to all Audi's, but other manufacturer's do too. I think Ford does it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Fair enough,never come across it before the A3.
My '02 A4 didn't do it.

Any suggestions as to why they think it's a good idea ?

[ QUOTE ]
My '02 A4 didn't do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure this has come about because of, when your driving at speed more water hits the screen faster. When you stop, and less water usually means the constant wipers start to 'chirp' so you switch them to intermittent. So manufacturers have tried to automate this feature. Bit like the lane change indicator function.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My '02 A4 didn't do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bit like the lane change indicator function.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aha,now that is a good idea !