Oil burn on 2010 A3 1.8T?

AK47UK

Reaction score
I have owned the car since October, all services have been done by Audi. So far the oil at min level warning has appeared twice, is this normal in this timeframe? I have been topping up with Castrol magnetec.

cheers

Bump, I just had the orange Oil Sensor light come on, not sure if this is to do with level or a sensor fault. Will run a scan and see what it says but can anyone let me know if it is normal to have to top the oil up so often when it doesn't cover many miles? I estimate I cover about 7k a year. I read that the 2 litre engines had a problem.

Mines come on too , a service when I brought it in November and the light came on in April. I now just keep 2 1L top up bottles in the boot.

I have P0196 stored -Engine oil temp sensor. But there are also a load of other codes stored which weren't there the other month so will have to investigate further.

AK47UK mine is the 2.0L had no problem with oil levels, just had it serviced and had it 9 months before that with no problems

Thanks for that, not sure what causes it then, I just checked and I am still on the max level so it's ok at the moment.

Looks like my power magic pro isn't doing it's job, I powered the cams off and left the car over the weekend and it started fine. I set the PMP to 12 hours yesterday evening and this morning the cams were still on. Will have to contact the supplier and go from there.