Carbon Fibre Parts for S3/A3

Sam_

Down under
Reaction score
I know they're a bit bling and nothing worse than unpainted carbon panels but I thought some might be interested. I've been in contact with a guy in Hungary. I noticed he was selling on eBay but the parts disappeared.

Anyhow:

- front splitter (Cupra style): 189€
- front hood: 900€ + cost of painting if needed
- front wings with air intake and integrated blinker 400€/pcs. + cost of painting and price of the blinkers and air intakes if needed
- complete mirror housing: 329€ / set (consists of 2 mirror housings + 2 bottom pieces)
- b-pillar cover: 119€ / pair
- door sill cover: 189€ / pair
- lower door and quarter panel blades: 279€ / set (consists of 2 front and 2 rear blades)
- gauge pod in the dashboard: 89€
- rear bumper insert for cars with / or without PDC: 249€ / 229€
- roof spoiler: 259€

I'd be up for the cupra splitter but I know it'd just get smashed up. The rear bumper insert would be good if they done the front to match too (I'm going to ask). I have some pics I'll upload later.

I don't work for this guy and there's no sponsorship. I just thought I'd share it.

His website is:
Under Construction

Nice one mate

Had "carbon fibre Audi S3 and A3 as a saved search on eBay for some time now with not much luck

Would love the bonnet mainly and possibly boot, but is naturally a lot of money new

Cool. Yeah, you'd be able to get away without painting them on yours due to color and it'd look good. On lighter cars it's just a bit much for me.

not sure about that, my mk2 golf is most likely going to be white and I've got a carbon roof for that

Big job cutting out the roof jason?
How much weight can be saved doing this?

Carbon Works Berlin have done a few parts in carbon for me in the past (I think some of the parts they have done for me are on their FB page), I would check them out as they do high end cars as well as different colours, I've seen blue, red, green and silver so far.

I will post some pics in the picture thread once my mate comes round with his decent camera.

Big job cutting out the roof jason?
How much weight can be saved doing this?

one of the smallest on my car, 4wd conversion was the biggest

weight saving, not sure yet maybe 7-8kgs

Mainly tarty stuff. Shame :(

I'm too tight for it anyway :laugh: and I've already got a carbon bonnet :D

TBH i dont really see the point in carbon fibre parts like this.

The additional cost of carbon over normal GRP simply isnt worth it unless its a racecar and every 0.1kg counts. GRP is far cheaper to produce, both in materials and time.

Even more retarded is that no-one makes GRP stuff because its not bling enough, and yet folk buying the carbon bits are talking about painting them so you cant see its carbon...

Its crap, because it means those of us who would actually want lightweight parts for their functional properties get shafted due to folk that only want to bling up their car.

Even more retarded is that no-one makes GRP stuff because its not bling enough, and yet folk buying the carbon bits are talking about painting them so you cant see its carbon...

Its crap, because it means those of us who would actually want lightweight parts for their functional properties get shafted due to folk that only want to bling up their car.

Bang on Kev.

If you offered me some Fibreglass wings at 60% of the cost of the carbon ones, I'd be all over it, but £400 for a set of exposed carbon wings is just too steep for the reasonably small weight losses.

I'd absolutely love a set of GRP wings and tailgate and roof skin, but nobody is about to make them due to lack of bling.

You do know the above seller produces all his parts in fiberglass then just skins them in carbon?

Ah, maybe I shouldn't have posted.

TBH i dont really see the point in carbon fibre parts like this.

The additional cost of carbon over normal GRP simply isnt worth it unless its a racecar and every 0.1kg counts. GRP is far cheaper to produce, both in materials and time.

I agree but I thought some on here might see it as useful so posted it. If you have a source for GRP parts, feel free to post them. I'm sure they'd be useful too and like you say, I'd paint them probably either way but we've been through that.