Had it for less than a week :(

hooray33

Reaction score
Hi all,

Been a lurker but not a contributer to these forums. All part of the excitement in waiting for my car to be delivered. Last Tuesday I got delivery of my brand new 2.0TDI S-Line. Just got the B&O speakers bedded in and sounding amazing. Very happy with my new toy. Until...

Woke up this morning. Put my suit on. Then spent ages searching for my car keys before realising the front door was ajar... Thieving scum had broken the door lock, and searched my house for the keys and stolen my car. The keys were in one of the side rooms way out of sight so they've had to search thoroughly to find them. They've not left any prints though.

Yes it's insured but waiting three and a half months has been torture and now I need to go through all that again. The police have said these models are highly prized by these gangs at the moment and it's likely to be in a container now heading for foreign shores.

We are having the most up to date locks fitted now and when I do have it replaced I'll be keeping the keys under my pillow.

Gutted.

Thats horrific!! I feel for you....

I would post your car details on here and hopefully somebody may spot it. Wild chance but still worth doing.

Maybe it's worth investing in some decent CCTV with IR and Floodlight or perhaps a bollard that can come up out of the driveway? You could also think about get a tracker system fitted for that peace of mind factor!

Last edited:
Hi all,

Been a lurker but not a contributer to these forums. All part of the excitement in waiting for my car to be delivered. Last Tuesday I got delivery of my brand new 2.0TDI S-Line. Just got the B&O speakers bedded in and sounding amazing. Very happy with my new toy. Until...

Woke up this morning. Put my suit on. Then spent ages searching for my car keys before realising the front door was ajar... Thieving scum had broken the door lock, and searched my house for the keys and stolen my car. The keys were in one of the side rooms way out of sight so they've had to search thoroughly to find them. They've not left any prints though.

Yes it's insured but waiting three and a half months has been torture and now I need to go through all that again. The police have said these models are highly prized by these gangs at the moment and it's likely to be in a container now heading for foreign shores.

We are having the most up to date locks fitted now and when I do have it replaced I'll be keeping the keys under my pillow.

Gutted.
ill have my car keys under my pillow next to a metal bar. Gutted for you mate

Reactions: hooray33
Thats horrific!! I feel for you....

I would post your car details on here and hopefully somebody may spot it. Wild chance but still worth doing.

Police have it on their system so if it is spotted on any camera it'll be flagged. Not holding my breath though.

That's awful! Just look at the positives that no-one had to confront them. I got a s-line saloon a few weeks ago... will be extra cautious! I bought a camera to keep an eye on the car (in case some kids scratch it) but i suppose it would be handy for this sort of thing. It was only £50 and defo recommended!
Amazon product

Gutted to hear this.
On the plus side at least you weren't disturbed when they came in. Best way in a way I guess....

Question is would you want your car back now if recovered?

Gutted to hear this mate, where in the country was it taken from?

That's appalling. Really sorry to hear of this.

Not much of a consolation but hope they didn't take anything else whilst in the house. Sends shivers down my spine....

I guess from police comment that they did not pick it up on any ANPR cameras?

Agree to suggestion to put car details on here (if you are willing) as more eyes the better.

That's appalling. Really sorry to hear of this.

Not much of a consolation but hope they didn't take anything else whilst in the house. Sends shivers down my spine....

I guess from police comment that they did not pick it up on any ANPR cameras?

They took about £500 in cash. The missus has a salon and brings home the takings on a Saturday evening to bank on a Monday. Took her handbag and purse and got lucky.

It's the Sportback S Line in Grey reg is MV64 NFR, for what it's worth....

What a tragedy.......... I'm so sorry for you, you're probably not wanting it back.

Have you thought about a burglar alarm on the house? Its a fine balance between keeping the keys upstairs and probably being attacked or leaving them down stairs so they can get them and go.

I hope they find the scumbags but as things are that's unlikely.

Reactions: Pulp84 and hooray33
I'm currently in the process of refurbing the whole house at the moment. What I plan to do is:

- IP Security camera with night vision at front of house, uploading to NAS upstairs in loft.
- Reinforced composite front door
- Armed security alarm for lower floor
- Take keys with me upstairs every night
- Baseball bat by bedside

My brother has a m4a1 electric airsoft gun which fires deadly balls of metal, may invest in one too!

I'm very sure it's legal here, just don't bring it outdoors lol

Last edited:
Reactions: s3_trev, hooray33 and The Challinor
Absolutely gutted for you buddy!

Bastids, hope the thieving scumbags karma comes sooner than expected

Like the idea of the airsoft gun mind ...

Gutted for you mate and it's horrifying to think they came in the house while you were asleep,

I'd get CCTV but I'd also get it by your front door so if they come in you have more chance of getting their faces

You might succeed in tickling them to death with that!

You wouldn't be saying that if you saw what it could do, I've seen his one pierce metal from a long distance! :eek:

A few pot shots to the head would sure to put them down for a while me thinks

It's if you hear them though!

The best thing is a german shepherd, if they come in then more fool them! My dog is very protective over the house n family

Reactions: B7000
Nasty. You hear of a few of these opportunists at night going around. They generally go around areas where these cars tend to be parked, more well-to-do areas, and pick something out.

Sorry to hear the OP's story. Also rather concerning to hear the Police's comments, I had previously assumed only S3s would fall into that category. I think I might revisit my earlier decision not to have a tracker fitted.

I think I might revisit my earlier decision not to have a tracker fitted.

I'm sorry but a tracker wouldn't have stopped this type of theft & TBH would you want it back after it's been ragged from elbow to ******* by the ***** that stole it (sorry op). I for one wouldn't

Rather than a tracker I would suggest more of a visible deterrent like a Disklok

Maybe he wouldn't want it but if a tracker finds it with the Scroates in it they will get arrested, if it's in Bradford I think I'd want to have a drive over as it will be in a car park for a couple of days to see if it has a tracker

Dark days to be collecting vehicles, sorry for your situation.

You can get CCTV, locks, weaponary, etc but if it's going to get taken it's going to get taken, I'm not taking anything away from having security, it's just sometimes no matter what it may still happen.

Have to say in recent days I've fallen a bit unsure, though I was like this on my previous car.

Such a sad story. We do insurance replacements at work and we see a fair few people who've had their car stolen to order/export. Although the police are getting better there are simply too many shipping containers to check but some do get recovered. A customer of ours had his 530d returned when they found it at Liverpool docks and was in mint condition.

Fingered crossed your insurance give you a car till you receive a new one and not the standard 14 days in an aygo.

Sorry to hear the OP's story. Also rather concerning to hear the Police's comments, I had previously assumed only S3s would fall into that category. I think I might revisit my earlier decision not to have a tracker fitted.
Depends. Opportunists take advantage of what they see when they're out at night in areas that they see as promising, and frankly, all reasonably 'luxury brands' are at risk if someone see an opportunity - Mercs, BMWs et al.

Such a sad story. We do insurance replacements at work and we see a fair few people who've had their car stolen to order/export. Although the police are getting better there are simply too many shipping containers to check but some do get recovered. A customer of ours had his 530d returned when they found it at Liverpool docks and was in mint condition.

Fingered crossed your insurance give you a car till you receive a new one and not the standard 14 days in an aygo.
If my car was ever stolen, I wouldn't want it back. Would rather see it written off in a horrible crash with them driving or stripped for parts / torched etc. I just don't think I could drive it again

Gutted for the op.

Glad I have a garage, so the car is hidden away at night from scum's eyes.

Hi all,

Gutted.
Gutted for you,my wife was at home 4 o'clock in the afternoon a couple of weeks ago when two men tried to kick down my front door. I'm glad they fled when she ran up the hallway. The police think they were after my new sportback parked outside

Sorry to hear about your car, hopefully you get it replaced soon.

You can get CCTV, locks, weaponary, etc but if it's going to get taken it's going to get taken, I'm not taking anything away from having security, it's just sometimes no matter what it may still happen.

Have to say in recent days I've fallen a bit unsure, though I was like this on my previous car.

I hear you but good thorough security is a very good deterrent.

Having certain 'equipment' in my garage I realised it could be a target, so with the help of my blacksmith brother-in-law I severely reinforced every potential entry point. I also fitted other unspecified equipment internally.

I had 1 (and my only) attempted break in to the garage 6 years ago and they eventually gave up leaving behind some of their broken tools but if they did gain access I would know immediately and it would be game over.
Since then I've taken the same approach with the house & garden but discretely as I don't want it looking like Fort Knox.

I know you can't stop them but I've made it impossible to get in without waking the whole street and giving me time to prepare for them. It certainly helps being an electrician when it comes to alarms, cctv, remote alert systems, lighting, etc, but I'd always physically reinforce ALL entry points before getting other kit, it can be done without looking like a drug dealers house. Most break-ins are the easy targets, no alarms, poor lock/door strength, poor window design, etc.

Be prepared, find all the weak points in your house/garage, secure them properly then fit an alarm, get into the habit of using it day & night and sleep easy....but always make sure you're fully insured just in case, nothing's foolproof.

Gutted for you,my wife was at home 4 o'clock in the afternoon a couple of weeks ago when two men tried to kick down my front door. I'm glad they fled when she ran up the hallway. The police think they were after my new sportback parked outside
What a bunch of utter *******. I don't think I'd be risking that kind of thing for a Sportback. There are much easier ways of getting one.

If someone wants your car that bad, there's nothing you can do to stop it.

It ****** me off how people think they are entitled to the stuff people work hard to get! :mad new:

Reactions: nadsi77 and Bristle Hound