turbo problems

sickoA4

Reaction score
Hi people recently my turbo has started playing up (i think) everynow and again when i get to say over 3000 revs in 3rd when under load my turbo stops working and lacks powers seems limp but no eml and i have to turn the car off and back on and when plugged in to a cheap code reader no codes have been stored but however i did recently cut and smashed out the cat my self and welded it back together could this be any thing to do with the problem and would this now need to be mapped to suit or is it simply the fact my turbo is gunna die any ideas guys would be appretiated. The car is a 1.9tdi pd130 awx thankyou

Could well be vanes in the turbo are sticking, causing it overboost, get it scanned properly.. if its going into limp mode then it should have codes stored. Not unless its boost pressure is spiking after you've trashed the cat.

Feel the actuator and move it by hand and see how free it is, should move nicely and not stick.

On a standard motor I doubt you'd see any improvement from removing the cat anyway..