A4 Balance shaft module Turbo problems

Optimusaudi

Reaction score
Hi

I hope I have posted in the correct section and please accept my apologies in advance if I haven't or due to my lack of knowledge.

I own Audi A4 2007, 2.0 litre Diesel s-line spec. Recently there has been white smoke coming out of the exhaust, as a result I had taken it to the Audi garage dor diagnostic and it turns out that the balance shaft turbo needs to be replaced which would cost me £1,800!!!!

From what I've read this is a common fault for models between 2005-2009. However, does anyone know what the cheapest option could be? Can I order this part somewhere cheaper? And just pay for labour? I'm really stuck at the moment. Thanks

Hi there, where abouts in the country are you ?

Reactions: Optimusaudi
Ok, give me a ring next week and if you can bring the car to Muswell Hill, N. London I would advise you what can be done. I am sure I can beat the quote that garage gave you... The balancer shaft upgrade is a good thing to do whilst engine is in bits however turbo is likely to have suffered from low oil pressure. Regards,
Chris 07789912128

Ok, give me a ring next week and if you can bring the car to Muswell Hill, N. London I would advise you what can be done. I am sure I can beat the quote that garage gave you... The balancer shaft upgrade is a good thing to do whilst engine is in bits however turbo is likely to have suffered from low oil pressure. Regards,
Chris 07789912128

Hey Chris, thank you for the message. I will drop you a text soon.

I have my doubts about the turbo going because I feel the car wouldn't be a able to run. The car runs fine, but when it slows down that's when a little bit of white smoke comes out....