What have you done to your 8V today?

I've used a hairdryer to make the the edges softer and the middle pliable to mould it. But I can see it being a fiddly pain.

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
Gear knob.... What style RS?????

S3 ......
IMG 9907

Reactions: zippster, pburv, Max-Robbo and 1 other person
Cheers Jassy, thought for that price it's worth a try. Find the current one a little plain.

Yeah it's a tad plain looking although the new one you got looks be, the gear knob on the Rs3 mate l really don't like that one??? Hopefully they will change the gear knob and the Alcantara steering when they make the facelift version?

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
I installed a sunglass holder.
Again don't know why Audi can't have specced that instead of the handle on the drivers side.
File 000 4

Reactions: jungle650, albu, SW14NY'S and 3 others
Drove it back from Gatwick airport at 1am.....had forgotten how good it sounds and feels to drive..was good to be home, well good to be back in the car

Will be giving it. a good wash and clean to get rid of the airport dust after I have written a few nasty letters about the inconsiderate way the airport authorities allowed dust to get on my car....lol

Reactions: Jassyo06, Max-Robbo, MattSedg and 2 others
I installed a sunglass holder.
Again don't know why Audi can't have specced that instead of the handle on the drivers side.
View attachment 96511
Oooh I like this... Really irritates me when my sunglasses slide around in the area below the cigarette lighter! (1st world problems..)

Where and for how much did you get this? Was it a simple install?

Reactions: SevenW, SW14NY'S and Rob2k68
Drove it to teamsport karting at Warrington for a mates 21st, great spot....of course there was a white rs3 parked outside. Drove back to his house and was made to move parking spots to this s**t spot.......
IMG 20160710 014755
made sure I got up before the volvo owner in the morning so I could move first

Reactions: Jassyo06, Rob2k68, Max-Robbo and 1 other person
Drove it to teamsport karting at Warrington for a mates 21st, great spot....of course there was a white rs3 parked outside. Drove back to his house and was made to move parking spots to this s**t spot.......
View attachment 96550
also, followed a friend in her focus st on the way down, s3 is needed

Reactions: Jassyo06, Rob2k68, pburv and 1 other person
View attachment 96550

Thats when u need a set of thsee bad boys....

Reactions: MattSedg, SW14NY'S, Cymru09 and 5 others
Oooh I like this... Really irritates me when my sunglasses slide around in the area below the cigarette lighter! (1st world problems..)

Where and for how much did you get this? Was it a simple install?

It is a simple install takes all of one minute.
The grab handle has a metal spring clip that uses a plastic wedge to pushed in to keep it lodged in.
Purchasing the sunglass holder they give you a handy plastic 90 deg hook thingy that you use to pull out the plastic wedge.
I'm based in Hong Kong and I bought it off a Chinese website, cost me about 7 quid.

Reactions: pburv, Max-Robbo and azibux1
Yup @SevenW we all want one! Haha

Will it fit an 8V and do they do it in black? :p :D

EDIT:

Tempted by this and spraying it black. Nobody on eBay seems to do a black one, and being just hard plastic it shouldn't be difficult to spray

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Inter...hash=item3d1e802f90:m:mwR7p-uePZJtIYUCt-tCKFA

Yes Sir,
Looks like the exact same moulding as mine, except without the little S-Line badge.
For painting it black you most certainly can, because for my last Audi I took sunglass holders from a VW beetle which were grey and sprayed it matt black. It was OK.
Yeah even on the China site I have never seen black OE.

Reactions: pburv, Max-Robbo and azibux1
Yes Sir,
Looks like the exact same moulding as mine, except without the little S-Line badge.
For painting it black you most certainly can, because for my last Audi I took sunglass holders from a VW beetle which were grey and sprayed it matt black. It was OK.

Where did you get yours?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes Sir,
Cool thanks! Think I'll give it a go!

It is a simple install takes all of one minute.
The grab handle has a metal spring clip that uses a plastic wedge to pushed in to keep it lodged in.
Purchasing the sunglass holder they give you a handy plastic 90 deg hook thingy that you use to pull out the plastic wedge.
I'm based in Hong Kong and I bought it off a Chinese website, cost me about 7 quid.
Good man, thanks!

Reactions: pburv
Cleaned mine, put on some Bosch wiper blades as the OEM ones seem to judder (as did my R)

Reactions: pburv, zippster and Rob2k68
I've got some of those around the hot water pipes in the airing cupboard.

Reactions: Max-Robbo and pburv
Fitted the black centres which arrived, so now they look pretty good. Would have been nice if a gloss black, but not that bad I think. Also fitted some Audi bling inflation caps...

30a9af285d4e3beede39fd3f42f7cb5b.jpg

15d6c7f371c98965b734f716ce614548.jpg

e4b213128e78fc0384c76f518f847e64.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: MattSedg, Jassyo06, zippster and 3 others
Fitted the black centres which arrived, so now they look pretty good. Would have been nice if a gloss black, but not that bad I think. Also fitted some Audi bling inflation caps...

30a9af285d4e3beede39fd3f42f7cb5b.jpg

15d6c7f371c98965b734f716ce614548.jpg

e4b213128e78fc0384c76f518f847e64.jpg

Did you remember the copper grease on the caps?!?!?! ;)

Would of put some on but for the slight issue- I don't have any

Reactions: pburv and Jassyo06
Would of put some on but for the slight issue- I don't have any

Get some asap mate, or you may find you will not get them off a few weeks down the line!!!

They are a great idea if we lived in a world where everyone appreciated the property of others, but you just know that some scum bag will see them and say to his mates "Look at that ***t, he doesn't want anyone to scratch his car", then go out of his way to key every single panel on it.

Yep I do agree. Thats why they only come out in rare occasions.

Yep I do agree. Thats why they only come out in rare occasions.
Sad that you need them in the first place :( I always take care of other peoples cars, even when I had old ****** cars when I was younger.

Reactions: batch, Rob2k68, Max-Robbo and 1 other person
Just ordered some Eibach ARB's - hopefully have them fitted on Friday ;o)

Reactions: SW14NY'S, pburv, Fiddie and 2 others
Just got my spulen catch can in the mail and hopefully get installed this weekend.

c935dc14118fdce52fbb04f7d1f3c179.jpg

Reactions: Fiddie, pburv, Jassyo06 and 1 other person