What have you done to your 8V today?

Took mine in for its first service yesterday, removed the MTM M-Cantronic but left everything else in situ. Also had my MMI cable and S3 keyring replaced - cable has been a bit hit-and-miss, and the keyring had split!
Alice the Service advisor LOVED the car and we ended up having a long chat about her amplified TT TDi and how best to tune it!

In addition to this, I am looking into buying those red air vents - but attached to this...

Reactions: S3 Turbo, jimojameso, richinsoton and 7 others
Hi Reznor!
Yes, you can see the DIY that I have made here: FrA1l3_Brico_mando_garaje_A3.pdf
This is an PDF file (7Mb)

Sorry because it is made in Spanish, if you need aditional help be free to ask me!
Wow, thanks FrA1l3! I had a look at your PDF and the links in it and I am pretty sure I can safely say that this is more advanced than I'm comfortable with. I'll just stick with mounting my garage opener under the A/C controls for now.

Reactions: FrA1l3
Just swapped out the Denso spark plugs for NGK Racing ones .....

IMG 0367

Reactions: pburv, SJ43, Fiddie and 1 other person
Spot on mate..Glad it's been sorted so quickly...:friends:
Spent more hours on the Audi than working this week lol. I'm becoming obsessed with this car!

Reactions: Fiddie
In addition to this, I am looking into buying those red air vents - but attached to this...

View attachment 98743

Are you gonna wait for the facelift RS3?

I'm really on the fence with this one ....either get a decent deal on a pre facelift model and save some dosh....or hold off and slap an order in when the facelift becomes available and sit in a 10mth waiting list again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
Are you gonna wait for the facelift RS3?

I'm really on the fence with this one ....either get a decent deal on a pre facelift model and save some dosh....or hold off and slap an order in when the facelift becomes available and sit in a 10mth waiting list again

According to my dealer, no discounts on run-out RS3s as they are in demand, and my only worry is there won't be a SB RS3 facelift. I'm working with sums I can't really manage or justify at the moment so I might HAVE to wait!

Reactions: SJ43 and Rob2k68
Rob, how comes you swapped?

Mine are due a change now, are they difficult to do? I.e need any special tools to change them?

Really easy mate half hour max. You need a spark plug socket for a 14mm threaded plug, long socket extension and a torque wrench. My own experience of the Denso plug has been faultless but I've read about them breaking which may well be due to other factors but didn't want to risk it whilst also reading good reviews of the NGKR plugs. Make sure you get the right plug to suit your engine in terms of temperature I'm running '8' which is one step cooler than stock as recommended for a tuned engine. Your prob best just to go for a direct replacements which I'm guessing will be NGK.

Not your engine but very similar I'd imagine ........

Reactions: SJ43 and pburv
Why silly boy?
Well if yer getting a bite there hand off deal go for because at that the end of day that's what we all want a deal,as far as l have read the 2017 RS3 makes its debut in this year's Paris motor show

Reactions: pburv
Well if yer getting a bite there hand off deal go for because at that the end of day that's what we all want a deal,as far as l have read the 2017 RS3 makes its debut in this year's Paris motor show
No discount available on this one!

But still no official news on the SB? I'm just being selfish as I want a run in yours when you get it!! :friends:

Reactions: Rob2k68, pburv, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
But still no official news on the SB? I'm just being selfish as I want a run in yours when you get it!! :friends:
Well if the RS3 saloon isn't that much over the price of sportback l may get one also been looking at the Porsche Cayman but with only 300 bhp.... Eh....?

Reactions: Rob2k68, Scottyg and pburv
Well if the RS3 saloon isn't that much over the price of sportback l may get one also been looking at the Porsche Cayman but with only 300 bhp.... Eh....?

But the Cayman will be lighter than the RS3 Saloon. Even race??

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
But the Cayman will be lighter than the RS3 Saloon. Even race??
Jordan mentioned it to me last week,he was looking at getting one,he's friends with the sales manager specced one they start at the same price as the TTS it came around £47k...it's just another car to consider come the end of year when l will order something and Scott cayman it's 1350 kg...

Reactions: Rob2k68, Scottyg and pburv
Not so much done to it but what i saw whilst driving it!!!

Reactions: Nytro, Rob2k68, pburv and 1 other person
Not so much done to it but what i saw whilst driving it!!!

At least it was done casually, and not speeding. That would be dangerous.:smirk:

What i did was polish it
IMG 0955

and protect it from these.
IMG 0954

A weak excuse to post my chooks and show my holistic side. Not something you see everyday on an Audi forum.
Life's not all about money and fast cars! There's free eggs too!!!:wink new:

Reactions: S3 Turbo, Scottyg, Jassyo06 and 3 others
Got in the car, engine on, rolled forward about half a metre and heard a horrible scraping noise... So out I get to have a look, and there's this lovely groove I've left in the pavement:

IMG 4385

"Hmm, very strange" I thought, "Best see what's causing th..... What the F*CK?!"

IMG 4386

Axle went straight through the undertray and it would not shift the slightest bit.. The pic is after I jacked it up (which was not what I had in mind at 6am.. may have woken some neighbours... "F**KING SH*TTY B*STARD C**TING B*LLEND" etc. etc..).. Who leaves things like this lying around?! Under people's cars?!?!

Anyway anyway... Happy Friday everybody...

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
Much improved ride and yes they replaced the entire rear shocks not just the mounts.

They also did the trim for free.

They did vacuum the car but stuck to my request not to wash it.

We (wife and I) noticed the car flatter on corners, more compliant in comfort mode.

Nice

Reactions: Nytro, pburv and Rob2k68
Got in the car, engine on, rolled forward about half a metre and heard a horrible scraping noise... So out I get to have a look, and there's this lovely groove I've left in the pavement:

View attachment 98920

"Hmm, very strange" I thought, "Best see what's causing th..... What the F*CK?!"

View attachment 98921

Axle went straight through the undertray and it would not shift the slightest bit.. The pic is after I jacked it up (which was not what I had in mind at 6am.. may have woken some neighbours... "F**KING SH*TTY B*STARD C**TING B*LLEND" etc. etc..).. Who leaves things like this lying around?! Under people's cars?!?!

WHAT THE ACTUAL ****!!!!!! hope it hasnt caused too much damage mate..

this site needs am 'unlike' button :(

Reactions: kanecullen89, pburv, Max-Robbo and 2 others
WHAT THE ACTUAL ****!!!!!! hope it hasnt caused too much damage mate..

this site needs am 'unlike' button :(
Luckily nothing on the bumper, just a hole in the undertray zippy, nothing i'll notice! I think know exactly who it belongs to, and possibly why it was left under my car.. but that's a different story..

Reactions: zippster and pburv
Really easy mate half hour max. You need a spark plug socket for a 14mm threaded plug, long socket extension and a torque wrench. My own experience of the Denso plug has been faultless but I've read about them breaking which may well be due to other factors but didn't want to risk it whilst also reading good reviews of the NGKR plugs. Make sure you get the right plug to suit your engine in terms of temperature I'm running '8' which is one step cooler than stock as recommended for a tuned engine. Your prob best just to go for a direct replacements which I'm guessing will be NGK.

Not your engine but very similar I'd imagine ........

Awesome, thanks for letting me know! Using direct replacements is what I had in mind as I'm now at 50k so due a big service that includes changing them and engine is running more or less stock
Good luck with the new plugs'!

Reactions: Rob2k68
About to try out some new detailing products, noticed some 'hologramming' on a few panels whilst drying :-

IMG 0393

IMG 0392

Reactions: Nytro, pburv and Scottyg

View attachment 98920

View attachment 98921

WTF, good job you noticed it, that could have been nasty!

Reactions: Max-Robbo, pburv and Rob2k68
Gave mine a good clean today, been trying to do it for about 3 weeks but the weather has been rubbish.

Looking good now though...:salute:

Reactions: Fiddie, S3 Turbo, Nytro and 2 others
Much better ......

IMG 0395

IMG 0396

Reactions: Max-Robbo, zippster, Fiddie and 4 others

View attachment 98920

View attachment 98921

That,s your space saver wheel mate.........Just make sure you don't go over 50 mph......:whistle2:
On a serious note I hoe it doesn't cost to much to put right...:friends:

Reactions: Max-Robbo, Rob2k68 and Nytro