My First Audi...

Avant_GT

Reaction score
Hi guys, I've defected from BMW and turned to Quattro with a 2008 B7 Avant Sline special edition 2.0 tdi 170. 44k. Liquid ice metallic is the official colour name I think.

Not sure how to upload pics whilst only using my iPad yet. Will try and figure it out.

hh

Last edited:
welcome, and a wise move , pics when you can get things sorted would be great.
enjoy.:)

Reactions: Avant_GT
Welcome to Audi- sport.net. Hope you enjoy car and the forum. :) x

Welcome old chap.

Regarding uploading images with ipad, try using the "Upload an Image" button below the comment/text box then you should be able to select pics from your photo stream?

Nice one! Hopefully I'll get a couple more up if this one works.

I've got a few more on another device so I'll get them up when I finish work. Haven't picked the car up yet - hell I haven't even seen it in he flesh yet!!!!

Picked the car up yesterday and it's a lovely motor indeed - certainly perfect for the impending arrival to the family in March.

However, the car was advertised as having heated seats and also cruise control and these things aren't fitted. Can any of you experts shed some light on potential costs for both of these to be retro fitted please and also how big a job it actually is.

Obviously im trying to get as much information before I get back in contact with the garage to raise these matters.

Thanks guys.

Don't know about heated seats but should be around £120 to retrofit cruise control if you already have mfsw.

Edit. Looking at your pictures I can see you do have mfsw

cruise easy to fit
just stalk and lower cowling needed on your car

and vcds coding prices vary from place to place theres NHN on here plus a few other fitters.

or get the parts do it your self and get someone local from here with vcds to code it up for you.

heated seats needs your seats stripping to have pads fitted and a new cc unit with switches and a loom so that one can cost a few £££££

Unless it's a long journey or you can leave car ticking over for ten minutes before you jump in heated seats are about as much use as a heater in the diesels. Most short journeys have ended by the time they've warmed up:pl

I really like the heated seats in my avant:), when its cold they really make the difference , i only use them at half heat as they get so darn warm , lovely chubbly.:D
give a whole new meaning to having a warm bum and back... could just do with a massage option with them .....;)

I really like the heated seats in my avant:), when its cold they really make the difference , i only use them at half heat as they get so darn warm , lovely chubbly.:D
give a whole new meaning to having a warm bum and back... could just do with a massage option with them .....;)
That's also a rubbish option I can hardly feel anything when its on, certainly doesn't relax you that's for sure...

maybe yours arent working properly mate, i set mine to halfway and they are perfect within a very short time.

ah, i see :).
I have a friend with 2012 merc e350 with the all singing all dancing seats that massage you etc , all the side bolsters stiffen up when you corner etc, nice seats but the massage option is a bit harsh to be honest, bit like having a larger person run up and down your back with clogs on:eek:.
electric seats heating is probably ample for me:D

Yeah pulling your leg rob I don't have massage option really. :D.

It takes around 5 mins at a guess for my seats to warm up on a real cold day, is that about the same as yours or is yours pretty much instant?

sounds about right, never timed them but 3-5 mins max .

Thanks guys. It's more the fact that the car was advertised as having these extras and it doesn't actually have them fitted. Normally I'd have seen these things however I bought the car blind so could only go on the advert and a couple of pics.

Should be an interesting conversation with the garage I bought it from tomorrow!!

sounds like a clear cut case of " mis-selling" to me and " item not as described " or "not as advertised" , hope you get it straightened out.

good luck.
rob

Take it back and get a refund for the car on that basis that its not got the features as advertised.......... Run away from a tdi 170 and treat it like a lucky escape from future money pit. Lovely looking car though.

Well I was offered a complete refund but at paying only £10,500 for the motor (another one local to me but 6 months newer is advertised at £15k!) I know I got a good deal for the car and the garage were honest and open etc.

I've been given some cash back as a goodwill gesture, I'm happy with that. I can get the cruise fitted easily enough and Go without the seats for the time being.

Now to get a stainless cat back system and remap sorted out!