Launch control on an A3

matt_hilluk

facebook.com/m9tbh
Reaction score
is this possible? As I've tried everything on my 1.8tfsi stronic a3 but nothing... No way to build revs up with foot on the brake... It just doesn't move then you get a delay when you finally pull off from Idle speed...

Do you have 7 speed or 6 speed box on your 1.8 TFSI?

If it's an S-tronic non-quattro car then it will be the 7-speed. That's the dry clutch version of the gearbox and it does not do LC.

If it's a quattro the manual will tell you how to do it......

Do you have 7 speed or 6 speed box on your 1.8 TFSI?

If it's an S-tronic non-quattro car then it will be the 7-speed. That's the dry clutch version of the gearbox and it does not do LC.

If it's a quattro the manual will tell you how to do it......

That's a bit more of a helpful reply :)

Reactions: Pulp84
But I still don't get it. Why would you want to 'launch' a car that hasn't been designed to be 'quick'? Even on my S3, I have no real desire to launch it, although I can understand why the option is there. No disrespect, but seems a bit juvenile.

I'm sure the 1.8 is perfectly quick enough for a lot of people. Those very people may see it as juvenile to buy a 300hp car for commuting and dicking about at the weekend. I'm 36 and did my first launch on Saturday, it was ace and rediculous all at the same time. Each to their own and all that :)

This forum is getting more S3 centric by the day ...........

Reactions: JohnM100 and Pulp84
I'm not criticising anyone here and apologies if my comments were misconstrued. And even though I have an S3, I'm not knocking any other model in any way at all. I'm on my first Audi and I'm blown away what a superb car the A3 is. I borrowed a 1.4 for just over a week and it was a lovely car. My point was around launch control. I think it is silly, even in an S3. I get its point in a drag race (eg Top Gear) but I simply don't get the point on a car that does 0-60 within 'normal' time frames, which I consider say 8 to 13 secs or so. Sorry.....just me.

To be honest, i don't really see the need for LC either but its there so why not have a wee go and move on :)

Car friends :)

Reactions: jaypers777
Aside from a gimmick i may try once or never at all I don't really see the point in launch control. I may be looking to get back into Audi ownership with an S3 but for those that think this is S3 centric I would state that my 10 plate Audi A3 2.0TDI quattro was the best all round car i've ever owned (and I have owned some fairly decent cars).