First Audi

Nikon

Reaction score
Been lurking around the forum for a few weeks now and finally decided to join.
I picked up an ex demo S3 Sport Back S-Tronic about 8 weeks ago and so far really loving it.

This is the first car I have truly bought with my heart and very little with my head. Over the years I’ve mostly been stuck with company vehicles originally vans and then on to cars. As with most people with company cars it was on a fixed budget and limited manufacturers. Paying up front for fuel and then claiming back business mileage put economy to the fore front especially averaging 30+K a year. The other half had her cars which I seldom drove.

So coming up to the big 60 ( still a big kid at heart play computer games and love gadgets ) this March and being semi retired ( made redundant 2012 best thing that happened ) I thought go for something I really want before I’m passed it. Not keen on big cars so that narrowed the options, l had a 130 bhp Bora Sport for 4 years did 116K in it without it missing a beat so I thought Golf GTI, Not to subtle for one of advancing years such as myself, however my attention was drawn the the Golf R S-Tronic……managed to get a test drive and was blown away with the performance. The fake or enhanced exhaust/engine noise even on the comfort setting droned quite badly at motor way speeds IMO.

That put me off the Golf, to be honest however I could not forget the buzz I got from driving the damned thing. That then sent me on a search for an alternative. Looked around the lot and then came around to the S3 it was not love at first sight it sort of crept up on me and now has me hooked. First car in years I like to drive for driving sakes-be it slow or quick both make me smile.

Reactions: Richard Oddy, Martinbanshee, Jassyo06 and 2 others
Glad you are enjoying the car. I have just got mine and it does seem to be growing on me every time I drive it. Think the s3 suits anyone really as it is a classy car in its standard form and can be made more aggressive with the bigger wheels and black pack etc.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Nikon
Glad you enjoying the S3. Any pics to share with us? :) x

Reactions: Nikon
Welcome to the forums, glad you are enjoying the car. I looked at the Golf R but thought it looked a bit cheap inside...Audi is in a different league! & believe it or not it was also cheaper on a PCP deal!

I see you got an ex demo car, just check your insurance if you have new for old for the first year! I'm sure I read if it's ex demo you're not covered! I went GAP from day one for peace of mind, it only cost me £214 for the four years for 'Combined Vehicle Replacement'.

Just had a quick look:

From here http://www.carbuyer.co.uk/tips-and-advice/141943/buying-a-pre-registered-car-top-tips

Buying a pre-registered car may also affect your car insurance if you have a policy that would ordinarily replace your car with a new one (in the first 12 months of ownership in the case of a big accident). As this ‘new for old’ clause is usually only available to the first registered owner of the car, you won’t be eligible if you buy a pre-registered car. Instead, your insurers would offer you their valuation of the car, which is likely to be significantly less than it would cost to buy the car again new.

I think on GAP they will cover you as long as the car is less than 3 months old! I used GAP123 and they wre very helpfull.

Reactions: Nikon
Welcome to the forums, glad you are enjoying the car. I looked at the Golf R but thought it looked a bit cheap inside...Audi is in a different league! & believe it or not it was also cheaper on a PCP deal!

I see you got an ex demo car, just check your insurance if you have new for old for the first year! I'm sure I read if it's ex demo you're not covered! I went GAP from day one for peace of mind, it only cost me £214 for the four years for 'Combined Vehicle Replacement'.

Just had a quick look:

From here http://www.carbuyer.co.uk/tips-and-advice/141943/buying-a-pre-registered-car-top-tips

I think on GAP they will cover you as long as the car is less than 3 months old! I used GAP123 and they wre very helpfull.
Thanks for the heads up on this, but no I did not take out the GAP insurance although it was offered probably just as well reading your post............

Glad you enjoying the S3. Any pics to share with us? :) x
Took this the other week after it's first clean. I intend to take more It's I just feel a bit of a Muppet taking pics of a new car on the drive with my neighbours nodding and smiling at me.:blush:

Attachments

• Audi S3 (1 of 1).jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 195
Reactions: Sandra, lucas-suisse and nickatkinson
Thanks for the heads up on this, but no I did not take out the GAP insurance although it was offered probably just as well reading your post............

Audi GAP came in at double the cost of what I got it for! You can still get cover for yours if you require it, get a free quote here https://gapinsurance123.co.uk/ most of the guys/girls on here wouldn't be without it! It's only your own 'normal' insurance that will not cover an ex demo car under the replacement policy, GAP insurance will! :)

The car looks mint by the way, don't let neighbour put you off taking pictures...they would if they had an S3 ;)

I have used ala.co.uk for gap before, got a lot of good reviews and less than 300 for 4 year RTI cover on a near £40k car. Best Audi could do was £600.

Took this the other week after it's first clean. I intend to take more It's I just feel a bit of a Muppet taking pics of a new car on the drive with my neighbours nodding and smiling at me.:blush:

looks very sporty in that photo,the red paint looks stunning...enjoy mate and the ROOF RAILS..LOL just set the car off perfectly:cool::cool:

Glad you are enjoying it. I'm 51 and got my S3 in December. I refer to it as my 'mid life crisis car'. Seriously love it and it puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. Even love the smell......sad innit?! Can't remember loving s car as much as this one and I've had a few nice cars. Also my first ever Audi.

Reactions: lucas-suisse
Glad you like your S3, they are a damn fine car. Welcome to the forum.