Facelift First Audi

MatthewR

Reaction score
So my S3 should be getting delivered at the end of August. Because it is my first Audi is there anything i should know.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Personally, i always check the obvious things, correct spec, options, right colour seats lol (it happens) and Gap insurance in place.

Reactions: RSS-S3, MatthewR and richinsoton
Enjoy the car . . . . beware the under-protected air con condenser.
:yes:

Reactions: MatthewR
If it's a new car I would ask them to wait until 1 Sep to register the car. That's if you are in the UK.

Reactions: richinsoton
Its sad I have to write this but have you reviewed your home security?

There's a number of recent post on here where people have had their S3 stolen and now would be a great to time to think about security lighting, house alarm, uprated door looks and a BIG dog if you dont have these already.

Reactions: richinsoton
Search around for a gap insurance quote- the first time I heard about it was a few cars ago when I bought my Seat Ibiza. Dealer dropped it from £300 to £225 so I took it- thought that was a good discount having never heard of Gap Insurance and not really having time to google there and then. Got home, googled it, bought it for £85 and cancelled it the next day with the dealer. Will be a little more expensive for a car of the S3's value but still worth it.

Its sad I have to write this but have you reviewed your home security?

There's a number of recent post on here where people have had their S3 stolen and now would be a great to time to think about security lighting, house alarm, uprated door looks and a BIG dog if you dont have these already.
Yeah, I've heard about that as well. Think I'll need to have a look what I can do.

Hi Mathew, welcome to Audi sport.net. Can't wait to see pics when you have collected the car. Hope you enjoy the forum. :)

Reactions: MatthewR and Audi Bairn
Yeah, I've heard about that as well. Think I'll need to have a look what I can do.

As a dog person I have to recommend getting a dog or two. Got two Rhodesian Ridgebacks myself - great guard dogs :dogface:

And welcome to the forum:hi:

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Sandra
It's no different from collecting any other new car mate other than its contained in posh handover.... Bay, Just inspect as usual, get gap insurance and enjoy

Reactions: RSS-S3 and Audi Bairn
Personally, i always check the obvious things, correct spec, options, right colour seats lol (it happens) and Gap insurance in place.

When I was on the A5OC forum, there was a case of a guy ordering a Quattro and getting a FWD car. The debate / discussions between him and Audi took ages to conclude.
Moral of the story is never assume! :sadlike:

Reactions: richinsoton and AudiNutta
So my S3 should be getting delivered at the end of August. Because it is my first Audi is there anything i should know.

:welcome!:
18 yrs old and getting an S3.................. :rockwoot:
Congrats mate!
Post some pics when she arrives.

Thanks! Yeah I can't wait!

As a dog person I have to recommend getting a dog or two. Got two Rhodesian Ridgebacks myself - great guard dogs :dogface:

And welcome to the forum:hi:
Yeah don't think anyone would come in my house with a Ridgeback

Reactions: Lehn
It's no different from collecting any other new car mate other than its contained in posh handover.... Bay, Just inspect as usual, get gap insurance and enjoy
Yeah definitely will need to get GAP insurance sorted!

Jassy check his profile page, lol. Age is there. :)

@audibairn aka.....
Download

Reactions: RSS-S3, AudiNutta, Audi Bairn and 5 others
Is that Ystradfellte I spy on your photos? ;) Nice to see someone local and with an S3 too!!!!

Shame you won't have it for 13th August for Audi's in the park. There is summer action day at Combe on the 16th December?

Do you mind if I ask what you do?

Is that Ystradfellte I spy on your photos? ;) Nice to see someone local and with an S3 too!!!!

Shame you won't have it for 13th August for Audi's in the park. There is summer action day at Combe on the 16th December?

Do you mind if I ask what you do?

Sorry wasn't being ignorant :tearsofjoy: just out in Maga atm, I work for an online retail company at the minute

When I was on the A5OC forum, there was a case of a guy ordering a Quattro and getting a FWD car. The debate / discussions between him and Audi took ages to conclude.
Moral of the story is never assume! :sadlike:

Having ordered mine on Friday, go through the order confirmation with a fine-tooth comb and make sure the spec is EXACTLY right.

When it arrives check each option to make sure it's there and correct. If it's not per the order then the dealer will have to sort it, even re-ordering if necessary, whereas if it's not on the order form due to a mis-communication at time of order, you're screwed.