yourAudi - Track New Car Order

Honestly not considered that!

I'm thinking about cancelling my current order and swapping for a FL. Decisions Decisions eek

Hmm, I am on Code 38 currently, went Code 30 6 or 7 days ago. I was convinced that this ship http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:412682/mmsi:353633000/vessel:AFRICAN HIGHWAY/_:d863445f874eaeb79dbb69f1871a187d that left Emden last night would have my car on it but I haven't changed to Code 39 overnight.

It did leave after midnight local time which seems like the time that the tracker is updated mainly so maybe my tracker is just behind.. or maybe that's just wishful thinking!

:(

Hmm, I am on Code 38 currently, went Code 30 6 or 7 days ago. I was convinced that this ship http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:412682/mmsi:353633000/vessel:AFRICAN HIGHWAY/_:d863445f874eaeb79dbb69f1871a187d that left Emden last night would have my car on it but I haven't changed to Code 39 overnight.

It did leave after midnight local time which seems like the time that the tracker is updated mainly so maybe my tracker is just behind.. or maybe that's just wishful thinking!

:(

I'm in the same boat, Literally haha. Or maybe not in this case haha.

I found the African Highway and saw that it left to Grimsby last night and when I checked the tracker my car is still at stage 38.

Is the tracker sometimes behind time? or will there be a queue of cars waiting to come to the UK?

I'm in the same boat, Literally haha. Or maybe not in this case haha.

I found the African Highway and saw that it left to Grimsby last night and when I checked the tracker my car is still at stage 38.

Is the tracker sometimes behind time? or will there be a queue of cars waiting to come to the UK?

I feel a little bit better now I'm not alone haha! Its very sad but I got very little sleep last night as I had my iPad by the bed and kept checking both the boats progress and the status of the tracker!

What build week were you?

I feel a little bit better now I'm not alone haha! Its very sad but I got very little sleep last night as I had my iPad by the bed and kept checking both the boats progress and the status of the tracker!

What build week were you?

Haha, I'm glad I'm not the only sad person. I found the vessel yesterday and got abit excited when I thought my car might be going on it, hopefully its just the tracker isn't updated. I've emailed my dealer to see if they have anything abit more upto date.

It was meant to start being built on the 4th April but it started the Thursday before, so same as yours I think.

Haha, I'm glad I'm not the only sad person. I found the vessel yesterday and got abit excited when I thought my car might be going on it, hopefully its just the tracker isn't updated. I've emailed my dealer to see if they have anything abit more upto date.

It was meant to start being built on the 4th April but it started the Thursday before, so same as yours I think.

Yeah seems to be the norm to get all the panels and paint done before assembly.

I'm still hopeful, and I'm tracking this as well, it arrived last night when "our ship" was leaving https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ai...ANARIA_CAR/_:d863445f874eaeb79dbb69f1871a187d

I's just leaving Emden now for Sheerness, I would definitely expect mine to come through Grimsby though. Looks like I will be tracking the African Highway back to Emden again this week unless I hear anything! Please let me know if your dealer finds anything!

I'm still hopeful, and I'm tracking this as well, it arrived last night when "our ship" was leaving https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ai...ANARIA_CAR/_:d863445f874eaeb79dbb69f1871a187d

I's just leaving Emden now for Sheerness, I would definitely expect mine to come through Grimsby though. Looks like I will be tracking the African Highway back to Emden again this week unless I hear anything! Please let me know if your dealer finds anything!

Hi there, I am in the same position as you, build week 4 and seem to have had the same progress through the status codes. Contacted Audi Customer Services this morning who told me my car will be coming into Grimsby from Emden early next week. I also found this (hopefully useful) shipping schedule that shows were the African Highway will be going over the next few days. go to www.pwl.de/en under liner schedules select UK / Ireland, then select Volkswagen Konzernlogistik. Next Departure Emden to Grimsby is set for 18th April. I too have been stalking these ships across the North sea (and back!)

Reactions: RYes3

I'll let you know what my dealer says, but I seem to be the one keeping him upto date asto where my car is with the tracker haha.

Hi there, I am in the same position as you, build week 4 and seem to have had the same progress through the status codes. Contacted Audi Customer Services this morning who told me my car will be coming into Grimsby from Emden early next week. I also found this (hopefully useful) shipping schedule that shows were the African Highway will be going over the next few days. go to www.pwl.de/en under liner schedules select UK / Ireland, then select Volkswagen Konzernlogistik. Next Departure Emden to Grimsby is set for 18th April. I too have been stalking these ships across the North sea (and back!)

Sounds interesting, guessing my car will be on the same ship

That's great info, thanks. Will take a look at that site!

It's ridiculous how obsesses I have become with the whole thing. I'm even getting to know the names of the tugs operating in Emden port haha. I have an account with Marine Traffic now so I am adding any vehicle carrier I see to my "fleet" so I get updates when they leave/enter a port... dear me!

Chaps, go to this web page and use live chat https://www.audi.co.uk/about-audi/contact-us.html

If you give them the order number they can tell you which port your car will be going to and if it's on a boat or still at Emden

Emden to Grimsby vessel this week.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:146379/mmsi:212882000/vessel:EMS HIGHWAY

Reactions: StevoGuide7 and RYes3
marinetraffic.com is so slow to refresh the position it takes a few days to even show updates :wtf: we need someone with the SAT plan lol :yes:

marinetraffic.com is so slow to refresh the position it takes a few days to even show updates :wtf: we need someone with the SAT plan lol :yes:
Marine tracker updates every couple of minutes.

Chaps, go to this web page and use live chat https://www.audi.co.uk/about-audi/contact-us.html

If you give them the order number they can tell you which port your car will be going to and if it's on a boat or still at Emden

Thanks, just done that and they told me it is still at Emden and it will be 7 - 10 days before it ships, I get the feeling that's the standard reply!

Mine has been fine...

On another note, are you waiting for your car? A ship left to Davisville in the US today..

Thanks, just done that and they told me it is still at Emden and it will be 7 - 10 days before it ships, I get the feeling that's the standard reply!
Yeah it can be at Emden for up to a couple of weeks. Truth is they only know when it has been loaded on to a ship, so you get a standard response until it is loaded on

I got told up to 15 days to be shipped and no idea which port it will go into :disappointed:

It was CS who told me they couldn't tell me yet.
Ok. My dealer showed me on my order that it was heading to Sheerness but only after it was cleared to ship from the factory

That's great info, thanks. Will take a look at that site!

It's ridiculous how obsesses I have become with the whole thing. I'm even getting to know the names of the tugs operating in Emden port haha. I have an account with Marine Traffic now so I am adding any vehicle carrier I see to my "fleet" so I get updates when they leave/enter a port... dear me!

Yes, I can't believe how obsessive following ships has become. My favourite Emden tug has to be Radbod (yes that's how bad its got!)

Yes, I can't believe how obsessive following ships has become. My favourite Emden tug has to be Radbod (yes that's how bad its got!)

Unbelieveable mine too!!! Closely followed in second by Steir haha

Reactions: StevoGuide7
The more I look at this the more I am convinced that build week 14 cars will be on the African Highway from Emden to Grimsby on the 18th April....

However, the African Highway was supposed to arrive in Grimsby at 20:00 BST last night. It's still anchored outside the port though this morning and it's supposed to be back in Emden tonight (according to Marine Traffic)! Not gonna happen!

The African Highway just left Grimsby for Emden but it never entered port? The Draft has reduced so they must have offloaded somehow???

Attachments

• wtf.jpg
    wtf.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 186
Reading this thread makes me laugh haha. I'm so glad I'm not the only person that is spending most of my spare time tracking ships haha.
I messaged Audi customer support and they said 7-10 days to me at least now I know that I'm not going to be hoping my car is on every ship that leaves emden and any earlier is a bonus

Yeah, I thought that might be a VW only berth. Am pretty much resigned to no status changes before the 19th now, happy to be proved wrong though!

Yeah, I thought that might be a VW only berth. Am pretty much resigned to no status changes before the 19th now, happy to be proved wrong though!
I'm of the same opinion to be honest. My attention has now turned to making sure the African Highway gets to all its ports on time before the 18th lol

!! I think I might pop - pick up on Saturday - needed to tell people that understood, this should be a registered support group lol.

Audiarrived

I'm glad I'm not the only ship stalker! :friends:

My S1 has been 'in transit' since 26th March. I'm currently tracking 19 ships! My firm favourite is African Highway to bring 'Smurf' over though.

I'm hoping he'll be on the next one! But I've been hoping that every day for the last 17 days, so I won't hold my breath!

Haha African Highway is definitely my firm favourite! Come on Captain M. Marinov, bring them home lol

Reactions: RivieraS1
Woohoo I have gone status 39 overnight!! I believe my car is probably on this ship that left Emden at 1:30pm yesterday! http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:146379/mmsi:212882000

Or.... The African Highway is in Emden but according to the timetables that is supposed to be leaving for Sheerness today!

I have gone to status 39 too! our cars must be in the same position somewhere. Now. . .does 39 mean they are physically on the boat or have they just been assigned to a specific boat, guess we will find out in the early hours. The wording on the tracker if definitely "your Audi is on its way to the UK"

Woohoo I have gone status 39 overnight!! I believe my car is probably on this ship that left Emden at 1:30pm yesterday! http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:146379/mmsi:212882000

Or.... The African Highway is in Emden but according to the timetables that is supposed to be leaving for Sheerness today!

I guess that our "VW side of the dock" hypothesis will be answered as well. Can't say I won't miss tracking my fleet when all this is done. Will go through the same process again when my other half changes her car later in the year!

I guess that our "VW side of the dock" hypothesis will be answered as well. Can't say I won't miss tracking my fleet when all this is done. Will go through the same process again when my other half changes her car later in the year!

Nice one!! It updated a few minutes after midnight which tends to suggest the tracker is behind a bit and that the updates are ran as a batch process. I'm convinced our cars are on the EMS Highway. Be interesting to see which way the African Highway is actually going, if it is as we think and it is off to Sheerness then it could be that our cars are coming through there?Whereabouts are you? Are you likely to come through Grimsby?

Either way I'm hoping to have the car within 2 weeks now all going well!

@PhilDarnell have you gone code 39 yet?