Boost gauge install

Chris McGibbon

Reaction score
Hey people :)

I've spent a fair amount of time searching the forums for a how to on this however they either seem to be for the 8L or the pics don't show!

Anyway, I'm looking to fit a boost gauge, either on the steering column or in a vent. Please could you help me and point me in the right direction to a complete 'how to' or something.

Would be great if you could also recommend a gauge. I've seen that everyone likes the DEFI ones.

This is for fitting on '10 S3 manual.

Thank you in advance,

Chris.

I've done the Defi in my vent with the main control unit in the glove box and the new small controller stuck to my dash near the headlight switch. Fairly straight forward. You'll just need a dremel to shave down the inside of the vent, then slide the gauge in.

There was one on here but I can't find it now. It's basically as easy as pulling the vent out, taking out the vent flaps and then grinding down the inside of the vent with a dremel and test fitting until it sits how you want it. The wiring is self explanitory

d8e67242c28b49f61905ba68ae9f4716.jpg

Mines on my steering column, using a forge kit to plumb it in and just running the vac hose down the side of the engine bay and through the firewall up into the back of the dash, its getting it to light up when it should and wiring it in is the trickiest part

Mine is a newsouth gauge from awesome gti, with the vw/audi led so it matches the original dials quite well