Clutch woes

zooankski

Reaction score
i brought the wife a 2013 A3 2.0 tfsi cabriolet from Audi in march. Took it in for a service today and asked them to look at the clutch as I felt it was not fully disengaging and a little notchy on shifting. Picked it up just now and they are saying the clutch is worn and not covered by warranty. We have had the car 9 months. It had 13500 miles on it, now has 19300. They want the car in to see if it is a mechanical issue so looks like I will be paying £1600 either way. A clutch must last longer than 20000 miles! Do I complain to Audi? What is the best way of playing this as it is not the only issue. They also found a knackered cv boot, funny enough they replaced the joint as it was knocking a week after we collected it!

The only worry would be the fact you've had the car 9 months. They could point the blame at your wifes driving etc.

I suspect they will but my wife does not drive around with her foot resting on the pedal. I am going to contact Audi uk tomorrow to get their take on it. The CV boot split is also worrying as it was a new joint a few months ago so something is not right there either.