What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Well I've finally got them fitted.....still have to finish off putting a couple of brackets on for the brake pipes, wheels also need a good clean. They do look small now they are on though......

Brakes

Last edited:
Reactions: James.c, Dani_B19, Charlie Farley and 2 others
:hubbahubba:
very nice pal, what is your clearance on the spoke like Carl you got a lot or a little

About 12mm Tony so quite a bit really.....could do with you being closer to test fit one of your wheels as I could do with a new summer set.

Well I've finally got them fitted.....still have to finish off putting a couple of brackets on for the brake pipes, wheels also need a good clean. They do look small now they are on though......

View attachment 116225

shiny, shiny .......very nice carl , you just need to give them wheels a darn good scrub to make them just as shiny...... come down and sort mine out next.

yeh any where closer than the other side of the country, ain't that far really mate, have a run out to bed your brakes in

shiny, shiny .......very nice carl , you just need to give them wheels a darn good scrub to make them just as shiny...... come down and sort mine out next.

Will take a while to get them shiny Rob as they are a matt finish but they are minging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ah so they will be " Satin " then carl.....oh I just love a bit of satin..lol

Reactions: carlcall
yeh any where closer than the other side of the country, ain't that far really mate, have a run out to bed your brakes in

It's only about £20 - £30 so I might take you up on it one weekend.....if you still have them that is when I do.

well mate, i took the pics yesterday and i'm putting the ad up once i get the tread depth measured, just to be spot on. and they not as tidy as i would of liked them to be, one is scuffed thanks to me old pop's trying to park it, and two others have very minor/light marks to the rim edge, not the face. just wanting to be honest when i do the ad tyre's are good though looks around 5mm or so on them all round so.....

still want to keep em, even though they wont fit lmao

Easier to change calipers pal.....I'm sure yours would sell like hot cakes for someone on standard rims that wants a brake upgrade.

It's a shame you can't print that template off to see if they have the clearance for my calipers.

mate, i've made one for mine lol, from the center of my hub to the highest point of the caliper is 100mm, then the height from the hub to the caliper face is 41mm, made a temple from that kind of an L shape, bob's your uncle, fanny's your aunt, one brembo template lol

Purchased myself a toll of "5d carbon fibre" wrap and removed and covered all those god awful silver trims. Been wanting to do them for ages and today was the day. Got to say it's made a massive difference in my opinion. Its dark so I will post some pictures tomorrow

Reactions: Dan-1981, Charlie Farley, tony mc and 1 other person
i did mine last year trigg and still love it now, it dose look loads better than the silver

I did mine the only thing I regret not doing was rubbing down the pattern on them :weary:

To be honest I thought I might think that but it hasn't shown through. It is quite thick the vinyl so I can only assume that's the reason

I think it's when you use heat it shrinks it and then shows through well it did for me

To be honest I thought I might think that but it hasn't shown through. It is quite thick the vinyl so I can only assume that's the reason

yeh that's right, i did mine and only heated the edge's, so it wouldn't show through, worked very well on most of the trim, there is a few little bits where you can see it but mainly at the edge.

Excuse the mess needs a clean
IMG 0247

Reactions: Sean_, Baka, carlcall and 1 other person
Had a play with VCDS as I wanted to change the Bias on the brakes since fitting my new BBK.....but it won't let me in.

It says I have to email Ross-Tech for a login.....argh!

I have a nice powerfull vacuum cleaner tony you can use so you can do something with your carpets.....your letting the side down now...lol

that was after a couple of fishing trip's Rob, she's nice and clean inside now, just looks horrible on the outside now lol, note the tin of spam in the foot well, barbel just love it

Right tony not only do you need to clean more often but you need to redo the gear stick bit again it's the wrong way round lol:grinning:

Reactions: tony mc
Right tony not only do you need to clean more often but you need to redo the gear stick bit again it's the wrong way round lol:grinning:
that's been off that many times prating about i aint bothered any more, i can class that as another mod, it makes shift's loads smoother,

Reactions: Jimbo d
Clean ish
TempImageForSave

Attachments

• tempImageForSave.jpg
    tempImageForSave.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 101
Reactions: tony mc
yeh that's right, i did mine and only heated the edge's, so it wouldn't show through, worked very well on most of the trim, there is a few little bits where you can see it but mainly at the edge.

are we talking about the normal silver trim or the super swanky brushed ally type tony , I want to do mine sooner than later but haven't the bottle to start potentially making mine look worse .

yes Rob it was/is just the crappy fish scale type, it easy to do Rob honest no messin

Reactions: Wheeldon
Good thing about vinyl rob if you balls it up just peel it off and start again

Reactions: maxdrz400
Sworn obscenities at the car as she's decided to have no power one second and then pulls like a train the next.

I have a feeling it's the fuel filter as I still haven't put one on since I took ownership and I've done 10k'ish in her so far.

And I've read that if the TDi's sense there isn't enough fuel it cuts the power down.....but still dumps loads of fuel so Mr White car behind me now has a grey car Hahahahaha.....

Reactions: Dan-1981, Charlie Farley, tony mc and 1 other person
maybe it's those big calipers carl, the poor old engine feels let down and neglected whilst the brakes get all the goodies.......it's rebelling ....haha

Reactions: Dani_B19 and carlcall
Well I did the fuel filter and this is what came out of it without shaking it.....but the outflow was crystal clear, so I think it's safe to say that it may have been a little clogged up!

2017 02 02 125331

Let the fun begin as this hasn't resolved it......