What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Shame you're not up here Rob as the guy I trust with all my painting lives in Manchester and he only charges £35-£40 an alloy and his work is phenomenal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yep, its a real shame carl as I've had a few guys say the same , just another down side of being based in surrey, its a licence to print money....

If you don't mind driving to Letchworth Rob, I just got all 4 of mine done perfectly for £240?

I have to make a mental note never to get another diesel and a white husky....

399e4c3d2807443eef82f15302c9c3a2.jpg

Reactions: Charlie Farley, tony mc and Baka
well not that close chap, i'm in Guildford in surrey.

Fair play, I guess once you've done £20-30 in petrol and sat around all day, it doesn't add up. Prices down your way are ridiculous though!

I thought we paid the 'London tax' here, but apparently it's a lot worse in Surrey!

Unspecified

Took a Naff Photo at work!!!!!

But after driving past this my DIS displayed the PRNDS all in red, so I stopped and re-started the car and it was ok. The car had been stood for 3 days and struggled to go in to reverse, still a symptom of new oil?

Unspecified

These were the only faults on the scan. Thoughts?

I have to make a mental note never to get another diesel and a white husky....

399e4c3d2807443eef82f15302c9c3a2.jpg

looks very well behaved carl , our big bear GSD wouldn't sit the quietly unless there is a biscuit on offer..lol

looks very well behaved carl , our big bear GSD wouldn't sit the quietly unless there is a biscuit on offer..lol

Unspecified

my GSD is getting on a bit so goes in the back seat as the boot is two high, shame about the fur flying round!!!

to be honest our big lad pretty well uses up the whole of the back of our avant, he's a right old bruiser...lol just wish I could get a stick off him when it's time to get back in the car, he's a right old git and wont drop it....just end up with half a tree in the back most days..lol
Max1

Reactions: THQuattro, Dan-1981 and carlcall
He isn't well behaved at all to sit still like that....it's because the Mrs had a treat in her hand for him whilst she took the pic Rob.

And as for fur I know what you mean Dan as with him being a wooley husky it gets everywhere.

ah yes, the old treat in hand trick , works nearly eveytime time carl, my good lady tries in on me aswell but it doesn't work, well most of the time...haha

them's some big **** dogs, my patterdale he's only 15" high, shed loads of room in my boot for him he can run round in it if he could stop himself licking the windows ??? lol.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
tony, you can allways tell a car with woofers, the windows are allways covered with slobber and other similar fluid types..lol

Reactions: Dan-1981, carlcall and tony mc
Well I got the turbo off (Boy do I wish I had little girlie hands today) stripped it down and in all honesty all that's wrong with it is the journal had the slightest of wear in it and was causing it catch a little. Turn the cartridge over and it span freely....so all in all not bad for an original turbo that was manufactured on 30/3/07 and done over 110k miles.

Also gave the nozzle ring a quick decoke with the legendary Mr M.....it was quite clean apart from a few little spots of carbon build up which have now disappeared.

Regardless of this I'm having a new cartridge made up so should be back on the road next week fingers crossed and weather permitting.

Dreading putting it back on with big hands.

Reactions: tony mc
well that's good news carl, that's the trouble though, the tolerances in turbo's are so small that only a marginal amount will be enough to cause problems.

d68e7ef93ed55d9c1d55b2b32ce65619.jpg

Also why do GSD insist on lying like this or with her head squashed under the chair????

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Well I was just going to get the cartridge pop it all back together and hope that the Actuator & Nozzle Ring would be near as damn it.....but for an extra £150 I'll return it back to them once I've built it and get them to set it up.

This way I know I'll be getting the most out of the turbo.

At the end of the day it's only going to cost me £316 for it all to be basically a new turbo apart from my compressor and exhaust housing along with my nozzle ring.

Carl , Dan , those pics look spot on for our GSD aswell , maybe it's a wolf thing going on lol...

Reactions: Dan-1981
and our big guys little friend....they are inseparable ...
Max3

Attachments

• max2.JPG
    max2.JPG
    146.7 KB · Views: 123
Reactions: Dan-1981 and carlcall
I have to say it's so good to see people who cherish there cars and who are not afraid to use them when it comes to transporting our wonderful 4 legged friends!
IMG 4371
IMG 4300

Reactions: carlcall
mans best friend is his dog, so only fair that they should also benefit from our cars too......

spot on carl , so many non dog owners say that our canine friends are stupid , they most certainly are not , far from it......and very good at manipulating us humans too...lol

Reactions: carlcall
Well my old girl likes to look the part with the top down.
IMG 3221

Reactions: Charlie Farley and carlcall
Nothing wrong with either Husky or Diesel.

Personally the choice should be hard top or soft lol

what husky or car ..not sure I've seen a soft top husky before.....lol

Gave the car a well deserved wash and thought I'd show off the new wheels... Now just to fit the rear spacers an decide how low to take the front down..

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    950.6 KB · Views: 145
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    687.2 KB · Views: 111
Reactions: James.c