Acceleration (0-60mph)

S32B

Reaction score
Anyone know if the 'book' S-tronic 0-60 time is with launch control enabled or disabled??

If it's the enabled time, what's the time with it disabled?

Thanks

I think the 'book' time varies depending where you read it mate but believe they are meant to be without launch control!

From memory I think I've seen 4.9 without and around 4.7 with?

Reactions: S32B
According to Evo magazine Nov 2015 they state a 0-60 time of 4.8 secs.:racer:

Reactions: S32B and Simon L
According to Evo magazine Nov 2015 they state a 0-60 time of 4.8 secs.:racer:

You split me in half mate, talk about sit on the bleedin fence!! lol

Reactions: Jassyo06 and pburv
Last edited:
Reactions: kanecullen89, Soulboy and S32B
@S32B - The times also vary depending on which model you have - Hatchback, Sportback or Saloon

Reactions: Simon L
Reactions: Pizza_man
Where can you find the various times? Or you can't?
Google S3 8v 0-60 There are a lot of examples on the web..Evo Magazine for example...:friends:

Reactions: azibux1 and Simon L
Google S3 8v 0-60 There are a lot of examples on the web..Evo Magazine for example...:friends:

Hey Seegar Chewer...the Saloon is slower....than the hatchbacks........lol....
and more to the point 0-60 is pretty irrelevant...in the real world....

Reactions: Simon L and pburv
Let's be honest though no one really cares do they? It's just bragging rights down the pub for those into that kinda thing!!

Reactions: pburv and Jassyo06

You wish mate!! The saloon's the only one can grip properly!! lol

Reactions: pburv
Let's be honest though no one really cares do they? It's just bragging rights down the pub for those into that kinda thing!!

Exactly mate.....The same as sayin ma TAN is deeper than your's....lol

Reactions: pburv and Simon L
Yep..Just noticed that.....0.1 of a second slower......I'm getting rid of it now:concern:

Reactions: Simon L and Jassyo06
Exactly mate.....The same as sayin ma TAN is deeper than your's....lol

Yeah well my tan is better than yours though!! lol

Reactions: Jassyo06
Sorry Simon not feelin the' love' on the forum at the moment...It seems to annoy the moderators with my 'giffin'.....:crying:

Reactions: Martinbanshee and Simon L
Sorry Simon not feelin the' love' on the forum at the moment...It seems to annoy the moderators with my 'giffin'.....:crying:

Yeah, I'll give mine about 2 mins before it disappears mate!! lol

Can't see the harm meself but there's a few whiney gits on here I'm afraid!! :friends:

Reactions: sjbarneS3, Martinbanshee and pburv
Yeah, I'll give mine about 2 mins before it disappears mate!! lol

Can't see the harm meself but there's a few whiney gits on here I'm afraid!! :friends:
Your not kidding mate...Will have to put up with boring old text I'm afraid......Like I've said before.....1984

Reactions: sjbarneS3 and Simon L
A quick shifting manual driver will likely be quicker than a DSG in a 0-62 mph sprint.

Not sure if I am quick or slow but you only need two manual changes, 1-2, 2-3, to 60/62mph

and more to the point 0-60 is pretty irrelevant...in the real world...

Unless you are first at the lights on a straight section of dual carriageway :) ....I pray for the lights to change as I get to that stretch on my journey home every night.

Some of the discrepancy in figures is that some quote 0-60 mph others 0-62 mph The latter now being industry standard as 0-62 equates to 0-100km/Hr

Reactions: Simon L and xpoweruk
Strange that the manual is quoted at 0.3 sec slower than DSG yet some still claim they can change gear faster than a twin clutch 'computer'??!!

Reactions: Jassyo06, T-800 and pburv
Where can you find the various times? Or you can't?
@azibux1 - On the Audi Uk website
Download a PDF brochure for each respective body style & in the specs. you'll see each different body style respective performance figures
Bear in mind these are Audi's quoted brochure figures so as to accuracy ...
Just like their quoted emissions figures ... :whistle2:
Oooppsss did I say that? :D

Reactions: azibux1, Simon L and veeeight

Always achieved with a Stig at the wheel, driving a Sepango coloured car with 500ml of fuel left, no wing mirrors and loads of gaffer tape over cracks and seams

Strange that the manual is quoted at 0.3 sec slower than DSG yet some still claim they can change gear faster than a twin clutch 'computer'??!!

The DSG figure is quoted with Launch Control, engaged, so unless you engage LC at the traffic lights, the manual driver is going to get away quicker.

Just as in the same way a manual car will be able to get out of a junction quicker than a DSG, because you can build revs on a manual before letting the clutch out, you can't with a DSG in non LC mode.

Reactions: kanecullen89, Soulboy and Pulp84
The DSG figure is quoted with Launch Control, engaged, so unless you engage LC at the traffic lights, the manual driver is going to get away quicker.

Just as in the same way a manual car will be able to get out of a junction quicker than a DSG, because you can build revs on a manual before letting the clutch out, you can't with a DSG in non LC mode.

It does indeed make getting out of junctions interesting sometimes with DSG....lol.

Reactions: veeeight
what is the 0-60 time with a stage 1 remap? low 4's i'm guessing

Yeah gotta be mate, most of the guys seem to getting around 360hp or so off a stage 1 so your in rs3 territory for acceleration.

It does indeed make getting out of junctions interesting sometimes with DSG....lol.

It does ! :)

Whilst 0-62 times are indeed mainly for pub talk, 0-30 times are more relevant in the real world, for example, getting out of busy junctions or roundabouts.

With LC 0-50kmh 1.7s
Without LC 0-50kmh 2.3s

Half a second is an eternity when you're halfway across a roundabout or junction, locking eyes with the incoming driver, apologising, but knowing that in the next few momemts the turbo will spool and you'll be off out of the way like a stabbed rat !!!

:lmfao:

@azibux1 - On the Audi Uk website
Download a PDF brochure for each respective body style & in the specs. you'll see each different body style respective performance figures
Bear in mind these are Audi's quoted brochure figures so as to accuracy ...
Haha thanks!

Hi Guys

I'm contemplating changing my S3 8P (manual) for a new/nearly new S3 8V (S-Tronic), or may wait for facelift. I drove an S3 8V at the Audi Showcase day the other year and I was blown away by the speed of the gear changes of the DSG. BUT...

What is the DSG like on a day-to-day basis? I've read the other thread on here about them being "hit and miss". Now I see you guys mentioning stuff like "getting out of junctions is interesting sometimes" - WTF!!

Can you go into more detail?

I think everyone loves the old "traffic-light-gp" sometimes and my current S3 (manual) has been excellent in this respect, wet or dry. :)

But with DSG and no Launch Control, what is the S3 8V like? Can you put your left foot on the brake, apply the revs with your right, then let the brake off and go? Kind-of a "manual" launch?

Sorry for all the questions, but going from a manual to an auto is quite big decision (if I do decide to have another S3).

Cheers

AL

Hi Guys

I'm contemplating changing my S3 8P (manual) for a new/nearly new S3 8V (S-Tronic), or may wait for facelift. I drove an S3 8V at the Audi Showcase day the other year and I was blown away by the speed of the gear changes of the DSG. BUT...

What is the DSG like on a day-to-day basis? I've read the other thread on here about them being "hit and miss". Now I see you guys mentioning stuff like "getting out of junctions is interesting sometimes" - WTF!!

I think everyone loves the old "traffic-light-gp" sometimes and my current S3 (manual) has been excellent in this respect, wet or dry. :)

But with DSG and no Launch Control, what is the S3 8V like? Can you put your left foot on the brake, apply the revs with your right, then let the brake off and go? Kind-of a "manual" launch?

Sorry for all the questions, but going from a manual to an auto is quite big decision (if I do decide to have another S3).

Cheers

AL

To be honest you really should be able to answer this one yourself. If you didn't get long enough behind the wheel on showcase day then book another test drive.

You won't get a definitive answer from us because the user experiences vary greatly and you'll likely end up more confused than you were in the first place :)

Thanks Simon.

But the Showcase day was a blur. S3, RS4, R8 V10 - it was simply senses overload, blasting around the Cheshire countryside and Oulton Park.

I cant really answer my questions myself, because we didn't potter about in the S3. :)

So I would really appreciate some day-to-day driving experience comments.

AL

Using the torque app and a bluetooth OBD adapter so the OBD speed is GPS corrected I timed mine at 3.9 to 60 and 4.1 to 62 running a DTUK box (Map3+3) Leo has timed 3.77 using the same box and map but it was timed using a racelogic box

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/audi-s3-0-60mph-3-77-0-100mph-8-92.222705/

When you use launch control the gear changes seem instant compared to any other mode, maybe the DSG remap resolves that?

Hi Guys

Cheers

AL
I got a quote this morning on switching to a saloon S3, he asked manual or s-tronic? I was tempted to say s-tronic, but for me I think I'd miss the full experience of clutch/gearstick change...so said manual :) After thinking about it I'm waiting for the facelift so will get the new car next March ;)

Reactions: AL_B
Thanks veeeight. I'll stop hijacking this 0-60 thread now. :)

Although I am still interested in 0-60 without LC - which would be the more realistic day-to-day scenario. Setting up LC seems too fiddly from what I have read, to be of any real use. Traffic lights are likely to have changed before its setup!

Reactions: Simon L