facelift saloon - get your orders in quick for the pre-faclift lol

Snake Pliskin

Supporter
Reaction score
Bad news for those holding out for the facelift saloon.

Its not good news and its not pretty .....

Rs3 facelift yuk

Link here
http://www.quattroworld.com/future-models/2018-audi-rs-3-sedan-confirmed/
BH :thumbs up:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Martinbanshee and Jassyo06
I really don't like these new angular grilles. Much prefer the current one!

This somehow looks a bit cluttered at the front

Looks rather feminine to me. But perhaps that's the little flicks under the headlights and the flashes reflecting off the car bonnet.

I just posted a reply to the look of this car in the RS3 section...Yes it's a nice Audi, the 2.5 engine will be the main seller. Looks are 'OK'

Audi really needs to up their game with RS models. In comparison, the BMW M3 is so much more menacing and looks more aggressive, has a lot more flare, wider arches, deep dish wheels, sits lower, even the mirrors have attention to detail. Look at the line down the whole side, leading the little side vent :blink:

I will certainly be considering a change when the S3 term is up. The BMW M models win on exterior looks but I can't get over how dated the dash and dials look compared to Audi... It would actually stop me buying the car, they're that unflattering.

All IMO that is...:kissing:

Alpine-White-BMW-F80-M3-With-A-Remus-Exhaust-System-Installed-15.jpg

Reactions: Ignition1
defo a 3 as this is the 4 ..

View attachment 80720

Lol - now I'm even more confused! Though I can see the difference.

I prefer the grill on the S4 compared to that honeycomb grill on the RS3/S3 saloon above - it looks out of place, like a jigsaw puzzle that's missing a piece. I think outlining a recessed black grill with a bright chrome edge wasn't a great design idea.

Supposedly the new rs3 saloon that's being released for the U.S market. Not heared anything about it coming to the uk. Rumoured power upgrade of 400bhp.

Does look quite similar to the a4 tho

:blink:
I just posted a reply to the look of this car in the RS3 section...Yes it's a nice Audi, the 2.5 engine will be the main seller. Looks are 'OK'

Audi really needs to up their game with RS models. In comparison, the BMW M3 is so much more menacing and looks more aggressive, has a lot more flare, wider arches, deep dish wheels, sits lower, even the mirrors have attention to detail. Look at the line down the whole side, leading the little side vent :blink:

I will certainly be considering a change when the S3 term is up. The BMW M models win on exterior looks but I can't get over how dated the dash and dials look compared to Audi... It would actually stop me buying the car, they're that unflattering.

All IMO that is...:kissing:

Alpine-White-BMW-F80-M3-With-A-Remus-Exhaust-System-Installed-15.jpg

Couldn't agree more, first thing I said when I seen it was it's pretty bland for an RS model. I like the more aggressive route BM have taken with the M3/4 but the interior is a massive let down for me and one of the reasons I was put off the 4series.

They orange dials are horrific:blink:

Reactions: Vins
When I was speaking to my dealer the other day he said he had a number of A3 Sportbacks on order but they were not being given build dates. When he queried this with Audi UK he was told it was because of the coming facelift, so it may be too late to order a pre-facelift version of any of the current models.

Looks like an A4 - and No, it's not a nice look.

Reactions: Martinbanshee, gamegenie, davc and 7 others
Sorry but what's wrong with and why should it not look like the a4 as this is all about corporate image and most manufacturers do this. There was a fair amount of slagging of the a3 saloon in this forum when first came out but now the majority feel it is the best looking a3 and, like most, the facelift will look even better in the flesh. Besides I think that front end isn't what the majority of us will end up having as I'm sure the final version for non rs saloons will be different and be shared by all the a3 versions..

Last edited:
Reactions: Jassyo06
Was hoping the new RS3 saloon would look more like this -

So disappointing :(

I don't know what they are playing at.
The design was there, ready to go, and looked great (as above Clubsport) ???

The facelift as planned is a let down for sure.

It may also affect Audi sales from current '3' owners A/S/RS who may have been planning a change to the fact lift at some point who may now not bother based on looks alone.

Reactions: gamegenie and Simon L
As far as the looks go, I love my A3 Saloon so much better. I don't like the
way that they did the front grill.
When it does come out, I'll take it
for a test drive just to see how it rides.

It's a total mess.........just ****** glad I got mine when I did ;)

Reactions: Martinbanshee, Jassyo06, davc and 2 others
I like it,what's not to like?not a fan of the front of my Sportback......it's a gash awful photo bit early to judge it's looks goin on that photo

Reactions: Simon L
I like it,what's not to like?not a fan of the front of Sportback......it's a gash awful photo bit early to judge it's looks goin on that photo

It's probably a saloon thing mate, lost a bit of its class I reckon ;)

But it's not a great pic or angle as you say so maybe we need to see more before bringing the executioners sword down on it??!! lol

I was hoping for the clubsport design to upgrade my saloon s3 to it but now I dont see point when I looked the image. I have to agree the M3 does look much more aggressive.

They messed up the front, just like the Q7. Will stick with mine for a while.

Reactions: gamegenie and Simon L
Such a pity they had a bang on design all ready (albeit concept) and I reckon I could name a dozen members on here (probably a lot more) would give their right nut for one if it had been released!!

Reactions: gamegenie, Jassyo06 and pburv
Clubsport design would have been perfect and good to go.

This concoction is just not doing it.
It's lost some muscularity IMO and looks a bit blingy. It's fussy for the sake of a 'make over' and has lost the cars original flowing angles & lines.

Most people dont like change though....Until Later...???

The problem is though J, it's change for the sake of change sometimes and unfortunately they don't always get it right!! It wouldn't have been such an issue if they hadn't released such a great design concept already.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Snake Pliskin
Clubsport design would have been perfect and good to go.

This concoction is just not doing it.
It's lost some muscularity IMO and looks a bit blingy. It's fussy for the sake of a 'make over' and has lost the cars original flowing angles & lines.

As my above post....wait til ye see it in the flesh/metal......

Reactions: Simon L and Snake Pliskin
The problem is though J, it's change for the sake of change sometimes and unfortunately they don't always get it right!! It wouldn't have been such an issue if they hadn't released such a great design concept already.

^^^^^^ this ^^^^^^

As my above post....wait til ye see it in the flesh/metal......

I'm just not feeling it mate ... but you may be right and perhaps it will look better with higher quality photos and inspection first hand .... But this is the RS saloon that so many want & have been asking for ... so it should be 'wowing us' surely ??? Not questioning its awkward looks !

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Simon L
This. People always moan about change and then 3 years down the line they'll moan about the next change and say they were onto a winner with the current design that they were moaning about 3 years earlier

Also it's literally one (bad) photo. Wait for more photos to come out before crying about how ugly it looks

This. People always moan about change and then 3 years down the line they'll moan about the next change and say they were onto a winner with the current design that they were moaning about 3 years earlier

Also it's literally one (bad) photo. Wait for more photos to come out before crying about how ugly it looks

Yeah you're right...................I've dried my eyes now, actually I might go for one of these instead...................:whistle2:

mercedes-benz-c-63-amg-coupe-black-series-c783119012015203257_3.jpg

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, pburv and Jassyo06
I'm just not feeling it mate ... but you may be right and perhaps it will look better with higher quality photos and inspection first hand .... But this is the RS saloon that so many want & have been asking for ... so it should be 'wowing us' surely ??? Not questioning its awkward looks !

Mate a BSP...Will sort it oot...lol...it always has...lol

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Simon L

Don't think there moaning as such...its just a gash photo...am sure we will like it, come.....the time...things/designs can grow on ye.....noo am away te put a deposit doon on a new facelift...come Sunday...l like a gamble.....lol

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Simon L
Wrang Wheels mate.....lol

Looking at google it's those or nothing!! lol

I have a wee confession to make, was doin a bit of random browsing on youtube last night and happened upon a c63 vid with a quick clip of that there yellow one and I have to admit ............started to get ever so slightly aroused!! lol

(between you and me though mate)

Looking at google it's those or nothing!! lol

I have a wee confession to make, was doin a bit of random browsing on youtube last night and happened upon a c63 vid with a quick clip of that there yellow one and I have to admit ............started to get ever so slightly aroused!! lol

(between you and me though mate)

Ye should get locked up for that admission...lol

Reactions: pburv and Simon L
Ye should get locked up for that admission...lol

Think I might be going down with something!!

To be fair 90% of it was the noise it makes.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and pburv
Yeah you're right...................I've dried my eyes now, actually I might go for one of these instead...................:whistle2:

mercedes-benz-c-63-amg-coupe-black-series-c783119012015203257_3.jpg
Does it come with the optional Fiat 500 bonnet ornament? LOL

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Simon L