langerik

Reaction score
Hi,

I've got a '97 A3 8l 1.6 which recently got an issue where it would drop a couple of RPM's while running warm. It would mid-drive drop rpm and shock.

When warm it would also stall when running idle.

Reading it out with vcds it gave me a G28 sensor issue. So I bought a no-brand sensor off ebay. When it arrived I installed the sensor but it did't start at all. Replacing the old sensor would give the old results with starting and sensor error.

So I've bought a Bosch sensor 0261210147 (My original was 0261210148 but should have the same VAG product id). Unfortunately this could not get the engine running either. Now when I put back the original sensor it doesn't work either. I took out a spark plug and held it against the engine but it would not spark.

The car does crank though.

Addition:
Engine Code: AEH
In vag-com measuring blocks group 011 it says under Injection period 25,50ms.

When it still ran I kept getting a g28 sensor error which I've cleared after replacing the sensor. At the moment no fault code at all.
Unfortunately I can't replicate the g28 error which I did not save.

Took another look at the engine yesterday and found a leak in the connecting pipe between the air filter and the intake manifold(1J0 129 684 E) on the connection with the oil cap. I thought i fixed it quite nice with some aluminium pipe and lots of tape but the car still wouldn't start.

Today I took another look noticed the intake manifold was moving quite a bit, the I found that the left mounting point of the upper part of the intake manifold (06a133205c) was broken which caused it to move and possibly wear out the connection pipe.

Do you think this could possibly (partly) cause my starting problems. Could I just glue the intake manifold in place or is it better to buy a replacement?

Attachments

• IMG_0515.JPG
    IMG_0515.JPG
    883.7 KB · Views: 180
Well, the car starts and works perfectly. The fact that it started with the old sensor got me fooled that all my attempts at reparing failed because it still wouldn't start. Eventually I found out that all my attempts were doomed to fail anyways. Because when replacing the sensor at one time I think I were clumsy which caused the wire to the coil pack to loosen.