Whats your favorite 'bit' of your A3/S3

You obviously haven't seen the Youtube review videos. Most of them complimented the ride and handling.

I know the S3 handling round a track got slated but mines a 1.6tdi sport which was just road tested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tend to rely on my own driving of cars than YouTube clips

The A3 is a spongy, floaty barge but not unexpected :)

It is what it is.

Reactions: Rob2k68
I actually like the way my S-Line drives and handles, miles better than my previous 2.2 CTDi Civic

Reactions: Satory, Rob2k68 and Usman786
Didn't the A3 Sportback win best car 2014?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everything! I work in a Vauxhall factory and every time I get in the car after finishing work I just think "Better than the s**t we've been building all day" :D

Yep got to agree. After having a new Kia Sportage (the name is a joke right?) for the week there is not a thing I don't like about my S3...even love the diamond cut alloys that need refurbing evety few weeks

Reactions: Rob2k68, pburv, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
I tend to rely on my own driving of cars than YouTube clips

The A3 is a spongy, floaty barge but not unexpected :)

It is what it is.
Chin up mate,at least take consolation in the fact that it's wrapped in a lovely looking shell and painted in thee colour to have

Reactions: WarwickL and Rob2k68
I like my rear view mirror...........:racer:

Reactions: pburv
I like my rear view mirror...........:racer:
They do suggest to give yourself a fright at least once a day to keep your heart healthy...lol

Reactions: Ignition1, richinsoton, SW14NY'S and 2 others
I like that with the ACC i can latch onto the back of a car and not have to touch a pedal for an hour on the way back from work.

Just relax and wiggle the wheel about every now and then :)

Reactions: S3 Turbo, Satory, Rob2k68 and 2 others
Everything! I work in a Vauxhall factory and every time I get in the car after finishing work I just think "Better than the s**t we've been building all day" :D

You're fired !

Reactions: S3 Turbo, pburv and Rob2k68
The traction control light coming on between 3,000-5,000rpm during moderate acceleration then short shifting away.

Had a bit of a play today ;o)

Reactions: S3 Turbo, Satory, pburv and 1 other person
The traction control light coming on between 3,000-5,000rpm during moderate acceleration then short shifting away.

Had a bit of a play today ;o)

It's your duty mate with all them awesome performance upgrades

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
Yeah world car of the year 2014 sticker on the back screen of everyone last year

I didn't have one as I specifically said that i don't want any dealership stickers etc. put on my car :)

You're fired !
lol think I'm safe here, I give higher management in work stick on how good the Audi is compared to the Vauxhall, I love to get in "The Vauxhall is Aldi quality" :p

I even asked an executive in a diagonal slice meeting last year "When will the company give employees more discount to get them to buy Vauxhalls over other makes?" and continued with..."I got 10.5% off the Audi and I'd only get 11% off the VXR Astra"....To which he replied "But the Audi will cost you more in the first place", I replied with "Yeah but it will be worth a lot more 3 years down the road"...That went down like a lead balloon, the room went very quiet and he just stared at me!!!...if looks could kill I'd be dead :D I then thought it was best to shut up :)

Reactions: richinsoton, S3 Turbo, pburv and 2 others
....."I got 10.5% off the Audi and I'd only get 11% off the VXR Astra"....To which he replied "But the Audi will cost you more in the first place", I replied with "Yeah but it will be worth a lot more 3 years down the road"...That went down like a lead balloon, the room went very quiet and he just stared at me!!!...if looks could kill I'd be dead :D I then thought it was best to shut up :)

Ouch..that's a career limiting comment if ever I heard one. But would you ever buy a VXR even at cost price?

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
Ouch..that's a career limiting comment if ever I heard one. But would you ever buy a VXR even at cost price?
I quite like the GTC VXR it's got awesome Road presence and sounds pretty Damn good,l was considering getting one fully loaded vxr styling pack 20"s xenons,satnav etc it was £24000k down from £31000

I quite like the GTC VXR it's got awesome Road presence and sounds pretty Damn good,l was considering getting one fully loaded vxr styling pack 20"s xenons,satnav etc it was £24000k down from £31000

It does look quiet good and at £24k starts to get tempting but would not trade a 12-18 month old S3 for it..IMHO

It does look quiet good and at £24k starts to get tempting but would not trade a 12-18 month old S3 for it..IMHO
That was 2 years ago mate forgot to mention that lol only one car for me Now lol wink wink lol
Anyway the weather is gash over in the Dominican Republic aweful raining constantly overcast and humid as **** am off out for a rare to be hangover lol

Reactions: pburv and batch
would you ever buy a VXR even at cost price?
Never going to be offered it at cost, but if I were I don't think I would after having the S3...maybe before!

I know a lad that bought one and with his works discount he still paid £30k for it!!! When I said I got the S3 for less than that, he tried to justify it by saying he paid for extras such as leather, he wasn't happy when I said I got that as standard :)

Reactions: richinsoton, Daveotto, Max-Robbo and 1 other person
When I said I got the S3 for less than that, he tried to justify it by saying he paid for extras such as leather, he wasn't happy when I said I got that as standard :)

It was probably the smug smile you had that made him most unhappy...! :whistle2:

Reactions: S32B and pburv
That was 2 years ago mate forgot to mention that lol only one car for me Now lol wink wink lol
Anyway the weather is gash over in the Dominican Republic aweful raining constantly overcast and humid as **** am off out for a rare to be hangover lol

How's the head this morning?

Reactions: S3 Turbo, pburv, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
It was probably the smug smile you had that made him most unhappy...! :whistle2:
Yeah that and the fact that another lad had just got an A5 coupé...again for less than what he paid for his VXR :D

The car park is getting taking over by the Germans :p, we have a new Audi TT, My S3, A Merc coupé, a Merc estate, a couple of Golf GTI's and the A5 coupé :D

Agree about the steering wheel. I also love the exhaust note with the window down, especially when it makes people turn their heads to look.

LOl. I didn't think I would like the conspicuous exhaust note but I love it. A well-timed change up exhaust burp just as I am overtaking makes me grin every time.

The rear arches/quarter panel and the un-interupted sculpted body that you only get on a 3 door variant.

Love the rear arch quarter panel. It is indeed a thing of beauty, I QD the rear of mine after every drive to get the DI soot and other stuff of the bumper and tailgate so I study that panel daily. The resolution of the crease line is perfection.

I like the way my A3 steers, you feel like your driving quality. The ride and handling is brilliant.

I like the steering and have mixed feelings about the ride but agree the handling is brilliant. In mine the ride is great over depressions but not over bumps and crests; it feels like the expansion cycle of the suspension is under-damped. Driven in a manner sensitive to how the car is set up though I can forgive the ride quirk for the superb handling. I've only had mine for a month but I feel very confident in placing the car and adjusting its attitude.

Best car I have ever had, probably.

Reactions: Usman786, pburv and Rob2k68
Forgot this one.....the way the screen pops up every time the phone rings

Reactions: Dave-o, Satory, pburv and 2 others
Yeah that and the fact that another lad had just got an A5 coupé...again for less than what he paid for his VXR :D

The car park is getting taking over by the Germans :p, we have a new Audi TT, My S3, A Merc coupé, a Merc estate, a couple of Golf GTI's and the A5 coupé :D
Sounds like a hostile takeover to me...:whistle2:

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Satory
I like the little kink in the rear light lens that follows the crease line on the side of the saloon.
I only noticed it yesterday whilst getting my boy out of the car...:blink:

Reactions: WarwickL, SW14NY'S and Rob2k68
the steering wheel design - how connects to the front wheels is another story ....

Reactions: SW14NY'S, Stevier88 and Rob2k68
The eco message that comes up when you have both windows down.....'wind resistance detected close windows'
Makes me chuckle... I never obey....lol
The engine pops makes me smile also childish I know but in a good way...:rockwoot:
never know that and I have had my car two years, lol

Here's controversy: 2 advanced key things believe it or not!?

1. Just needing to swipe my hand in front of the door lock without even having to touch the handle to lock the car. (Also just walking up to the car and putting my fingers behind the handle to unlock it is pretty cool)

2. After sitting down in my car at night in the pitch black and hitting the start/stop button and seeing everything come to life (ILP + B&O LED strips / MMI coming out of the dash) just awesome! Brings a smile everytime!

£390 well spent IMHO

never saw the point of the advanced key, how difficult is to press a button on the key fob then put it into the ignition key hole. Also makes your car easier to steal

Reactions: batch
As a manufacturer option, the B&O system is superb value for money. You would need to spend 2 or maybe 3 times that on a system from a car hifi fitter

never saw the point of the advanced key, how difficult is to press a button on the key fob then put it into the ignition key hole. Also makes your car easier to steal

I wouldn't be without the advanced key - standard here.

Doesn't make the car any easier, or harder, to steal

Reactions: richinsoton and pburv
I wouldn't be without the advanced key - standard here.

Doesn't make the car any easier, or harder, to steal

Sure is quicker takes seconds using a £6 key copying device off ebay and skeleton key. With a standard lock theyll need to break the steering lock, etc.

Sure is quicker takes seconds using a £6 key copying device off ebay and skeleton key. With a standard lock theyll need to break the steering lock, etc.

The topic has been discussed ad nauseum before. Your urban myth is just that :)

I agree though, if you cheaped out and don't have it you won't understand or value its usefulness

Reactions: richinsoton
Like I say each to their own, but reasons include the cool things I've already mentioned, the fact I don't have to go into my pockets/bag for my keys, I don't have the keys dangling out of the ignition rattling about and catching my knees. I guess you can apply the 'I don't see the point' logic to almost anything in life, the 'point' of everything is what makes us individuals :)

And as for stealing it, well that's what insurance is for :)

Reactions: richinsoton and WarwickL