Coilovers ...

Eddie bell

Member of b6uk owners group on Facebook
Reaction score
Hi all, what's people's thoughts on AP coilovers for a 2.5tdi Quattro. Has anyone had them ? I've seen some good reviews, but are they good enough.

Thanks

Yeah, I've heard about the stories with cheap coilovers. These are for £453.00 off dpm performance funny enough lol. Not for track use but good enough if I wanna hit some bends, because of having a Quattro it's fun.

you hear all sorts of stories good and bad of any make of coilover its all down to personal preference at the end of the day mate and how fussy you are with ride quality.

usually the cheaper you go the harsher the ride and they don't really last as long before you get knocks and clonks

I've tried both cheap and expensive kits over my range of cars and not really had any major problems with either

you hear all sorts of stories good and bad of any make of coilover its all down to personal preference at the end of the day mate and how fussy you are with ride quality.

usually the cheaper you go the harsher the ride and they don't really last as long before you get knocks and clonks

I've tried both cheap and expensive kits over my range of cars and not really had any major problems with either

Thanks Dan Klang ! I completely agree, especially after seeing yours ok B6UK LOL

Reactions: D9n dk
What are you wanting them for, everyday road use or track?

Damian @ DPM Performance

Would you recommend eibach coilovers for what I'm looking for or would AP do the job?

As Damian states , what do you want them to do , how comfy , low
( although too low is never good ) , looks , track , road , fast road , and price ?

Price isn't a worry just something to work to. Usage would be road and being able to go fast and hit bends hard.

Haven't got any pics really of height needed but would like to hit 45 at the front and 40 at the back ... Could got 50 at the front maybe ... But I think 45 is just good enough

Well, if AP coilovers have won a 'Fast car' award in which ever category, im sure they cant be that bad for everyday use.

So much so, when i eventually get coilovers, I think KW's would be overkill for my 'daily' use.

Upon recommendation of some the boys on the B7 section..with high probability it looks like I will be getting AP coil overs.

I had AP coilovers on my Quattro and they were ok for the money but the car developed a front suspension knock that I never found and I suspect it was one or the coilovers, but it never failed an MOT and had no other side effect other than the annoying clunk over bumps.

I had AP coilovers on my Quattro and they were ok for the money but the car developed a front suspension knock that I never found and I suspect it was one or the coilovers, but it never failed an MOT and had no other side effect other than the annoying clunk over bumps.

Thanks for the quick review/opinion Greeny. Unfortunately ive also heard the same with a set of AP's but couldnt determine of this was sheer bad luck.
Hope this doesn't happen if I go this way.

Ive currently got AP's on mine, had them on for about 6 months now and having never had coilovers before im really impressed with them. The only thing i have noticed is that the rears dont go down that far (well as much as id like anyway.) other than that id happily recommend them.

Reactions: DrStrange and Greeny233