Cambelt Quotes

S3-James

Reaction score
Just wondering what people on here have been quoted to get their cambelts changed?

I just had a quote from the local Seat dealer which included cambelt, water pump and coolant for £290.

What quotes have other people got?

if thats parts and labour sounds like a good deal had mine done short while a go but as part of a comprehensive service inc haldex oil and filter.parts for cambelt and water pump fairly cheap mostly labour

got quoted around £500 for the dreaded cambelt service at sanspeed, still got 2 months to go yet, will shop around before booking it in.

do seat dealers normally service audis without giving you looks along the lines of "you do know that this isnt a seat, right?!"

I got mine done at Jabba with a metal bladed water pump, pulleys etc for just over £300. Had a full service with Haldex and this and it all came to around £600. Well worth the journey IMO.

skanky said:
got quoted around £500 for the dreaded cambelt service at sanspeed, still got 2 months to go yet, will shop around before booking it in.

do seat dealers normally service audis without giving you looks along the lines of "you do know that this isnt a seat, right?!"

No, i think they know that Audi are stupidly expensive. I was quite impressed with them actually - the service bloke and the service manager came out to check it out and take engine code etc, they seemed quite interested in getting it done for me knowing its the same engine thats in their cars. Although its still £120 more than my mate paid for his ibza cupra 1.8t from the same place :think: - thats why there interested, they are going to split the extra! :idea:

Was quoted £500 by Amersham Audi. I had it done by a non Audi mechanic who I totally trust for £230 including all the associated bits and pieces.

do you think its better to buy the cambelt, waterpump etc from audi seperate then take it to a garage ask for a price in labour?

or just ask them to get the bits etc, when i get mine done i want genuine audi belts etc