Urgent advice! Driveshaft knocking?

GazzaA3

Reaction score
Gets louder with speed, any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you're certain that is driveshafts you need to replace them - you will be annoyed if it snaps and you're are stranded.

mine were more of an occasional clunk when either accelerating or engine braking, your video sounds more like some tape stuck on the inside of the tyre.

My quick check and I couldn't see anything in my tire.

It happened instantly on a straight road.
So I assume it wouldn't go into just rear wheel drive then?

maybe my imagination is a little more pessimistic. if it breaks entirely where is that 15KG 60cm chuck of metal joined to the £1000 gearbox spinning around hundreds of times a minute going to go? What if the CV joint seizes all twisted?

Maybe the rubber boot will keep it in place?

maybe my imagination is a little more pessimistic. if it breaks entirely where is that 15KG 60cm chuck of metal joined to the £1000 gearbox spinning around hundreds of times a minute going to go? What if the CV joint seizes all twisted?

Maybe the rubber boot will keep it in place?

Pardon?
I only asked because I'm stuck at work and don't know what to do next.
I obviously don't want to destroy the gearbox or anything else.

As I said I always imagine the worst possible scenario, I drove 20 miles home with mine clunking, then to a garage to get them repaired. but all the time I was holding my breath.

but when I told the garage of my worries he said they just stop working?

Sounds as if it might well be a failing driveshaft CV. Did you somehow record this from outside the car? Is it coming from the driver's side. Normally you would only replace the side which has failed

Sounds as if it might well be a failing driveshaft CV. Did you somehow record this from outside the car? Is it coming from the driver's side. Normally you would only replace the side which has failed

It is one of the brackets what two bolts bolt through then onto the joint.
One of the bolts somehow has worked loose dropping down the braket and in turn flying around with the joint.

0da42e9d5566c9c4c8f693c5c99ea346.jpg