Ceramic Coating Detailing

It is 100% worth it and I will be getting black serum on my S3 when the time comes

I had cquartz on my Scirocco R from September 2015 and it was as good as the day it went on (sold it 2 weeks ago)

View attachment 119888
Look forward to seeing Pete and the boys efforts with CS Black on your new S3. Your Rocco looked great!

Reactions: Jon Roach and Boydie
Yes mate defo worth it, I got it on my RS3 last week done crystal serum black as well as the llummer PPF on the front end of the car, bumper,bonnet,mirrors,,lights.
First time in doing this to any car really but well worth it I think.

Reactions: Jon Roach
I have no issues with Carbon Collective, been on mine a year and a quick Top up with their new "Hybrid" last weekend brought it right back on form. I applied it myself too, must say I was quite chuffed with it.

Strange, I found it awful.

Reactions: Jassyo06
What ever, so gtechniq who supply it crystal serum black, the detailer who use it and who's been trained to apply it, the 12hours you need to leave it to cure...is all lies.
Cause it's only the box that is black and maybe the bottle?
Wow.

I think you're misunderstanding what I'm saying, the product is called Crystal Serum, not Crystal Serum Black (there is CS Black which is Crystal Serum topped with EXO although not a product on its own). Crystal Serum is professional only and is what accredited detailers use as you say, they need to be trained and accredited to use it.

Crystal Serum Light is what the likes of you and I can buy and apply ourselves.

Not trying to say anything is lies, just that the product is not called Crystal Serum Black.

Reactions: Rob2k68
What ever, so gtechniq who supply it crystal serum black, the detailer who use it and who's been trained to apply it, the 12hours you need to leave it to cure...is all lies.
Wow.
No.

Crystal Serum Black is not a product in its own right, but the marketing name for the combination of two treatments that can be performed at the same time for a small discount, namely Crystal Serum and EXO.

Crystal Serum is a very different product to Crystal Serum Light. Crystal Serum Light is not as hard wearing, not as long lasting, and is removable by machine polishing if you make a hash of it. Crystal Serum is far harder to apply, and cures with a hardness that far exceeds that of the light version. It is the superior product of the two, but if you get it wrong it's not easily reversible without resorting to an all over sanding.

The glass treatments like G1 are excellent. Wiper judder is cured by either replacing the blades or coating them with G1 too. Both my cars have it, and I wouldnt be without it. I even used the leftover product on my shower enclosure and glass topped gas hob, which are now both ridiculously easy to clean. Next time I'll treat the bathroom tiles around the shower too, as soapscum, hard water minerals and all the other pain in the backside stuff seem to simply drop away.

Reactions: Jassyo06, umm, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Apologies Tom.
What ever it is it's on my car and the shine of it is immense.
Not sure about the PPF mind though once its settled then maybe,to many small air bubbles for my liking.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Tom.H
Apologies Tom.
What ever it is it's on my car and the shine of it is immense.
Not sure about the PPF mind though once its settled then maybe,to many small air bubbles for my liking.

No need to apologise mate, reading back I should have probably mentioned what CS Black is in my initial post lol

It's what I'm looking to have on mine although I'm not sure if I'm going to go for true CS Black using EXOv3 or go with C0V2 over the top as I believe it's more resistant to water spotting than EXO.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Rob2k68
Jassy I believe only the detailer can order you crystal serum black,and you can't just order and buy yourself.
Also I don't think you get a gurentee with it if your applying yourself.

Crystal serum light and the new Exo v3 available from most good detailing websites
Screenshot 20170315 090432

Reactions: Tom.H and Rob2k68
Word of warning on the glass treatment as I had my PFL treated and couldn't get over the wiper judder issue. Tried treating the blades, tried changing the blades to Bosch aerotwins and no joy. Had to get the coating removed as it did my head in.

My bro used Deep Shine on his TTS, think he was happy with the results.

Had Nanolex Ultra glass sealant on mine and was blown away by the beading and not having to use my wipers.

Only lasted a week though through no fault of its own - had a new screen put in.

No need to apologise mate, reading back I should have probably mentioned what CS Black is in my initial post lol

It's what I'm looking to have on mine although I'm not sure if I'm going to go for true CS Black using EXOv3 or go with C0V2 over the top as I believe it's more resistant to water spotting than EXO.

EXO2 is terrible for water marks,l got my car in March 2015,went on holiday for 2 weeks in May,My car was parked up in a driveway for 2 weeks,it took some serious polishing to remove them,but in hindsight l would just get the ceramic coating,then add a wax or a nano liquid sealant on top,but what l will say is EXO beads/sheds water like nothing else on this planet

Word of warning on the glass treatment as I had my PFL treated and couldn't get over the wiper judder issue. Tried treating the blades, tried changing the blades to Bosch aerotwins and no joy. Had to get the coating removed as it did my head in.

I Bought the whole Gtechniq Glass kit, only used the glass polish and the G6....that's more than enough,it lasts about a month then its just a respray and wipe....

Had Nanolex Ultra glass sealant on mine and was blown away by the beading and not having to use my wipers.

Only lasted a week though through no fault of its own - had a new screen put in.

New windy screen tell me more....l need one....lol.

EXO2 is terrible for water marks,l got my car in March 2015,went on holiday for 2 weeks in May,My car was parked up in a driveway for 2 weeks,it took some serious polishing to remove them,but in hindsight l would just get the ceramic coating,then add a wax or a nano liquid sealant on top,but what l will say is EXO beads/sheds water like nothing else on this planet

That's what is putting me off of going with EXO, V3 apparently has easy to remove water spotting properties but I'd still prefer something that I don't have to rush out and dry as soon as it stops raining!

New windy screen tell me more....l need one....lol.

LoL large branch took it out during storm Dorris. Managed to get the insurance to agree to OEM glass they fitted a 2017 model year screen with has a shaded area between the mirror and the shade band which fills the gap between the sun visors so an unexpected improvement.

Reactions: MikeSel^ and Jassyo06
No.

Crystal Serum Black is not a product in its own right, but the marketing name for the combination of two treatments that can be performed at the same time for a small discount, namely Crystal Serum and EXO.

Crystal Serum is a very different product to Crystal Serum Light. Crystal Serum Light is not as hard wearing, not as long lasting, and is removable by machine polishing if you make a hash of it. Crystal Serum is far harder to apply, and cures with a hardness that far exceeds that of the light version. It is the superior product of the two, but if you get it wrong it's not easily reversible without resorting to an all over sanding.

The glass treatments like G1 are excellent. Wiper judder is cured by either replacing the blades or coating them with G1 too. Both my cars have it, and I wouldnt be without it. I even used the leftover product on my shower enclosure and glass topped gas hob, which are now both ridiculously easy to clean. Next time I'll treat the bathroom tiles around the shower too, as soapscum, hard water minerals and all the other pain in the backside stuff seem to simply drop away.

Grant every word you typed is true mate,but who the hell is going to know the difference,l paid £120 you probably 5 times that.....? but each to there own,a strict washing regime using quality accessories will balance that difference,you could cover your car in say Kryptonite black Serum....lol,but if wash yer car incorrectly or worse let someone else then.....then its all going to go Pete Tong

That's what is putting me off of going with EXO, V3 apparently has easy to remove water spotting properties but I'd still prefer something that I don't have to rush out and dry as soon as it stops raining!

Any Nano coating will do this mate,but more so EXO....Its beads look almost spherical but it also needs regular top ups after awhile with C2V3.... then used Gyeon Cure that is awesome kit....even tried a touch of alchemy mixing both in a bottle...lol but after a year l started using a pre cleanser and a wax,l use a lot of Dodo Juice kit now....good stuff it is...spent about £1500 on detailing products,since l got my S3...MUG...lol

Reactions: Tom.H
Any Nano coating will do this mate,but more so EXO....Its beads look almost spherical but it also needs regular top ups after awhile with C2V3.... then used Gyeon Cure that is awesome kit....even tried a touch of alchemy mixing both in a bottle...lol but after a year l started using a pre cleanser and a wax,l use a lot of Dodo Juice kit now....good stuff it is...spent about £1500 on detailing products,since l got my S3...MUG...lol

lol the things we do! The C0V2 seems more hardy to water spotting but is also a ball ache to apply according to the detailer, however he has said I can have that instead of EXO if I wish.

Reactions: Bristle Hound and Tom.H
Just Knew....you would hit this thread mate with the Detailing... Maze..oops sorry World site......lol
@jassyo06 - Always passing DW on mate
I'm determined not to be the only one who's broke because of that site lol

Reactions: scotty76
I've tried 3 coatings over 2 different cars and would happily recommend any of them. They've all been pro applied as I don't have a usable garage and my local detailer ensures they at least cure overnight in the dry. I feel the money is worth spending but everyone has different thresholds of what's important. I've had:

Cquartz Finest
Kamikaze ISM (currently on my S4)
Gyeon MOHS+ (currently on the wife's Golf).

They look like this after a wash.

IMG 20170216 111931170 HDR 3120x1755
IMG 20170310 150256
IMG 20170310 104205061 HDR 3120x1755

Reactions: Keef, Bristle Hound, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Grant every word you typed is true mate,but who the hell is going to know the difference,l paid £120 you probably 5 times that.....? but each to there own,a strict washing regime using quality accessories will balance that difference,you could cover your car in say Kryptonite black Serum....lol,but if wash yer car incorrectly or worse let someone else then.....then its all going to go Pete Tong

Can't remember how much I paid Jass, but yes, it was a damn site more than £120. Of course, I also paid the thick end of £1000 for super twinkly headlights, another load of cash to replace the dials with... ...well, most of the time some pictures of the same dials, and of course a weeks wages to have some slightly different stitching on the seats. So, in terms of getting best value for money, I'm probably not quite up to Jedi level just yet and certainly no one to look up to as a shining example of fiscal prudence.

What I do like though, is value for my time. I'm ******** if I'm applying anything other than soap and water and the occasional hoover to this car on a regular basis, I simply can't afford the time it takes to be quite so meticulous as I'd like to be anymore, so the super fine detailing sessions will occur once a year if I'm lucky. Plus, let's face it, it's only going through the process once because its new. After 18 months when the serum light version would need re-applying it's just not going to happen because it's a) expensive, and b) takes ****** ages, and c) well, the new car novelty will have worn off by then, and I'll be onto the next thing.

However I still want the car to look just as spangly as it was when new when I drive it, and of course when I sell it in a few years time. It's an almost impossible ask, but all things considered the tougher diamond hard coating is the best bet since I'm not going to apply any kind of coating myself anyway, and it'll put up with my carefully considered but ultimately ham fisted washing regime for a lot longer without looking like it's been sandpapered. So far it's great, dirt just falls off the thing and it looks amazing with only a tiny amount of effort.

Reactions: Pook, scotty76, Bristle Hound and 1 other person
This is the video I saw on White Details instagram, a year after being done!

Can't remember how much I paid Jass, but yes, it was a damn site more than £120. Of course, I also paid the thick end of £1000 for super twinkly headlights, another load of cash to replace the dials with... ...well, most of the time some pictures of the same dials, and of course a weeks wages to have some slightly different stitching on the seats. So, in terms of getting best value for money, I'm probably not quite up to Jedi level just yet and certainly no one to look up to as a shining example of fiscal prudence.

What I do like though, is value for my time. I'm ******** if I'm applying anything other than soap and water and the occasional hoover to this car on a regular basis, I simply can't afford the time it takes to be quite so meticulous as I'd like to be anymore, so the super fine detailing sessions will occur once a year if I'm lucky. Plus, let's face it, it's only going through the process once because its new. After 18 months when the serum light version would need re-applying it's just not going to happen because it's a) expensive, and b) takes ****** ages, and c) well, the new car novelty will have worn off by then, and I'll be onto the next thing.

However I still want the car to look just as spangly as it was when new when I drive it, and of course when I sell it in a few years time. It's an almost impossible ask, but all things considered the tougher diamond hard coating is the best bet since I'm not going to apply any kind of coating myself anyway, and it'll put up with my carefully considered but ultimately ham fisted washing regime for a lot longer without looking like it's been sandpapered. So far it's great, dirt just falls off the thing and it looks amazing with only a tiny amount of effort.

Awesome post as per...Grant...lol

Reactions: Pook, GSB and Tom.H
spent about £1500 on detailing products,since l got my S3...MUG...lol

I think you may have stumbled upon the perfect number plate there Jass...
IMG 1274

Reactions: MattSedg, Tom.H and Jassyo06
Wow.

Crystal Serum is accredited detailed application only as you say (which then gives you the gtechniq quarentee). The difference to light is not so much in the application but the actual cured state. Black cures to a much harder finish which if incorrectly applied can only be sanded off whereas Light can be polished off with a compounding pad/polish combo.

I applied CSL to my wife's car recently and it was relatively straight forward - you just have to be methodical and thourough in application/buffing off the reside/excess.

May as well post some photos after my own application of the stuff.....lol

IMAG0013
IMAG0011
IMAG0008
IMAG0013

Reactions: Buck, Pook, DrEskimo and 2 others
So
I Bought the whole Gtechniq Glass kit, only used the glass polish and the G6....that's more than enough,it lasts about a month then its just a respray and wipe....
So does the glass polish actually achieve anything? Is it worth doing?

So

So does the glass polish actually achieve anything? Is it worth doing?
At best it cleanses the glass ie removes all previous applications of product,dirt...etc,but it's extremely messy in its removal with white residue going all the place to sum up,a waste of money