Facelift Floret Silver S3 Saloon ordered

Daveotto

Staff member
Reaction score
Will be my third 8V S3 in two years!!!!!!!

Buying on PCP to release some cash for the bank as have got the mindset of paying out £300 a month in rental/lease payments rather than watching my capital loosing over £500 in depreciation a month in the first 2 years

11.5% discount and largish deposit from the sale of the current S3 keeps payments down to £300/month over 4 years and enough in the bank to cover the balloon payment should I decide to buy outright at the end of the term.

Hope to get an order number and build week in the next few days

Spec.....

S3 Saloon manual
Floret Silver
Tech Pack advanced (virtual cockpit)
Rear parking sensors
Hold assist
Folding mirrors

Not a huge spec but all the other options (including INTERIOR LIGHT PACK) that I ordered on the last S3 are all standard now

I should be used to the 12 or so week wait, but as usual it will be an age!!!

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Reggieboy71, Jassyo06 and 13 others
Sounds good Dave. Can't wait for the pics and your collection. :) X

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Rob2k68 and Daveotto
Nice one Dave.

Floret seems a little rarer now. But worth it, and more discreet.

Reactions: Jassyo06, Scottyg, Daveotto and 1 other person
Very nice! Will be interesting to see what your build date is as I'm in the same boat and waiting for an order number / build date, currently showing as week 49 and not letting the dealer place an order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Daveotto
Sounds fab !! - does it drive/handle any differently to the Sportback ?

Reactions: Jassyo06
Sounds fab !! - does it drive/handle any differently to the Sportback ?

As mad as it sounds I have ordered without test driving the saloon, not seen much in the way of any negative reviews of mag ride and generally only positive comments with regard ride comfort being better than standard springs

I expect this post will prompt a whole army of mag ride complaints

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Rob2k68
Nice one Dave.

Floret seems a little rarer now. But worth it, and more discreet.

Exactly, I love my Sepang Blue and how it shines and spangles but in the two years I have had it the one thing that has got on my nerves a little is the continual unwanted attention the colour and style (SB) gets from all manner of would be racers.

My thoughts were Saloon in a more discrete silver will hopefully reduce the number of racing types wanting to "have a go". Might even get it debadged (at the back at least)

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Jassyo06, TDI-line and 2 others
As mad as it sounds I have ordered without test driving the saloon, not seen much in the way of any negative reviews of mag ride and generally only positive comments with regard ride comfort being better than standard springs

I expect this post will prompt a whole army of mag ride complaints

Same here, test drove a sport back over a year ago and placed my order for a saloon based on that and test reports.

Don't worry, the saloon is better :). Magride improvement is the single most impressive difference I found going from non mag 8V S3 to the S3 saloon.

I am ordering s3 saloon in the next few weeks, but not u till I can decide on colour! Between nano grey or detona ? What do you guys think?

Don't worry, the saloon is better :). Magride improvement is the single most impressive difference I found going from non mag 8V S3 to the S3 saloon.

That's good to know, would be interested in any other differences you noticed (for better or worse)

Any pictures, having exactly the same issue here. I like white, yellow, nano, Daytona and the dark blue. I'm going black edition so it needs to contrast that which dudes out black imo.

I'm thinking
Black edition
S tronic
Nano grey
Ss seats rotor grey
Parking pack
Folding mirrors

Dark paint if you going black edition mate

Reactions: Ad72
Likening that, I'm currently
Black edition
S Tronic
Colour/ white??
Ss seats in grey
Extended leather
Park sensors
Auto dim mirror

Nothing worse IMO. The new box is much better although I see you are a manual man. VC defo worth it IMO too. The car feels more substantial and just plain better all round, feels more like what the 8V should have been from the start to me. Enjoy!

And just in case you missed it...
a343ffd5df179f97d022e785bb9bb696.jpg

1f6f1776249971317f5fe1e9dcd46b33.jpg

Reactions: TDI-line, daydotz, Audi Bairn and 4 others
Great choice Dave. I'm not biased at all. :friends:

With my daughter driving around in her brand new Seat and my wife looking to change her Mini in the next copule of months I could not be left with a 2 year old banger!!!!!!

Reactions: TDI-line, Audi Bairn, Djs3saloon and 2 others
Is you're list price under 40k ? What discount have you been offered mate, I'm on 9.8% ATM

Is you're list price under 40k ? What discount have you been offered mate, I'm on 9.8% ATM

with new VED its siting at about £38,500 OTR ..... 11.5% discount as in the opening post

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Jassyo06 and Djs3saloon
Likening that, I'm currently
Black edition
S Tronic
Colour/ white??
Ss seats in grey
Extended leather
Park sensors
Auto dim mirror

What's you're list price mate, and what kind off offer you getting at the moment ???

What's you're list price mate, and what kind off offer you getting at the moment ???

On the road recommended (at pre april 2017 rates in tax and reg fee) is £39,980 which makes the list price £39740. Discount, based on a decent trade in for my car is 10.5%, other dealers offered me 1k less for mine which would put my discount at 13% but realistically it's around 10.5%

Reactions: Djs3saloon
On the road recommended (at pre april 2017 rates in tax and reg fee) is £39,980 which makes the list price £39740. Discount, based on a decent trade in for my car is 10.5%, other dealers offered me 1k less for mine which would put my discount at 13% but realistically it's around 10.5%
Cheers, sounds decent.

If I trade in my car,as part of the deal do they value it on the price being £etc on the estimated delivery date? How does this work, sorry I'm new to this. Any help would be great

@Daveotto tut tut.... double jeopardy ....lol,l had the same thing going through my thick head as you know mate,nice as the S3 Saloon is l just didnt think it would get me off as much so l declined as you know,but my view of my next car is?its my last car l am going to pay up, so its got be something a good bit different from me S3 mate,ye got a great discount,cracking colour and a great spec....

If I trade in my car,as part of the deal do they value it on the price being £etc on the estimated delivery date? How does this work, sorry I'm new to this. Any help would be great

They estimate the cars value at the date of delivery

They estimate the cars value at the date of delivery

@Djs3saloon as James says, they'll perhaps tell you what it's worth on the day then give you an estimated value of it around delivery time, worth asking nearer the time though, they upped mine by £500 but I managed to sell it for an extra £500 on top of their offer.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Djs3saloon
@Djs3saloon as James says, they'll perhaps tell you what it's worth on the day then give you an estimated value of it around delivery time, worth asking nearer the time though, they upped mine by £500 but I managed to sell it for an extra £500 on top of their offer.
Thanks for your help mate

It all depends on if you own the car outright or if it's on PCP. If you own it they will agree a price probably nearer what it will be worth at trade in time. As mine, which is on a PCP , they will give you today's value but base the figures on the settlement figure at this point in time. As you keep paying your monthly payments your settlement figure is reduced but your deal remains the same so in effect they are paying less to settle your finance so trade in value is reduce.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Djs3saloon
It all depends on if you own the car outright or if it's on PCP. If you own it they will agree a price probably nearer what it will be worth at trade in time. As mine, which is on a PCP , they will give you today's value but base the figures on the settlement figure at this point in time. As you keep paying your monthly payments your settlement figure is reduced but your deal remains the same so in effect they are paying less to settle your finance so trade in value is reduce.
Again thank you