My TVS Engineering Experience

DeckedS3

Reaction score
As most of you know, I've had issues with my car for a while. After explaining the issue online across numerous forums a company called TVS came to the rescue and offered to help me fix the problem. Long story short, they fixed the issue with a custom DSG remap. I was so impressed with how the car responded, I offered them a bigger project.

This time they stripped the engine, fitted overbore pistons, rods with exhaust springs as well as some trick bits that had been sitting in the garage for a while. While it was there I figured some performance clutches, a suited map for the performance clutches, and an ECU remap with added boost.

This time TVS came from Holland to collect the car. They kept me updated throughout the process and returned it as soon as possible, with an added boost :) . I couldn't wait to take it out for a blast!

33473727156_9fae80be7b_b.jpg

I can't describe just how good the car drives now, the gear changes are solid, no slur and it sounds like a proper DSG car. I'll get some of my own videos up next week but for now you can have a look at a video TVS did before they brought it back.

TVS Sumary:
Audi S3 with APR stage III turbo kit upgrade.

TVS DSG Race-clutch
TVS custom DSG software 750Nm (up to 18-19bar clutch pressure)
TVS custom engine software

The engine is fully recalibrated, to get rid of the DSG clutch slip. Even with the TVS Race-clutch and TVS DSG software there were still problems on shifting and clutch-slip.
All problems solved with TVS engine + DSG software!
And besides that the car now has +40hp/50Nm compared to the APR engine tune, on same N75 duty cycle.

The DSG Launch control is not maxed out by us but still 0-100km/h in 3.6sec (0-60mph 3.4sec).
100-200km/h 7.9 sec

TVS don't do advertising so I thought I'd post something for them, they can literally do anything and I believe they have some franchises or similar in the UK that can help fix, replace and tune DSG/S-Tronic gearboxes. I can't recommend them enough!

https://www.facebook.com/TVSengineering/

http://www.tvsengineering.nl/en/

Reactions: Breezey, Essflee, grainqey and 3 others
Hi there...

Those are great results and well worth the effort and time you've put into the car.

The DSG work alone should help a lot of people with problems or those looking for more tha standard mapping can provide.

We must meet up again sometime soon.

Reactions: grainqey
Hi there...

Those are great results and well worth the effort and time you've put into the car.

The DSG work alone should help a lot of people with problems or those looking for more tha standard mapping can provide.

We must meet up again sometime soon.

Yeah, when your up and running again that would be good. It's a shame the Brands Hatch meet doesn't take place anymore.

Reactions: illingworth22 and S3Alex
Yeah, when your up and running again that would be good. It's a shame the Brands Hatch meet doesn't take place anymore.

True.....that would have been good.

Just got the steering wheel and engine/gearbox programming to do.

Reactions: grainqey and S.
Bump.
What a great story.
They do som great magic.

So 3 months in and it hasn't missed a beat. Finding myself taking it out for a spank late at night when the lanes are quiet. No issues to report.
I'm just a little bored, nothing else to do on the car....

Reactions: HHS3, S. and S3Alex
That's just wrong. Turbo is not big enough, there is also DQ500 from RS3 that can support up to 1000NM with good remap and clutches.