Mystic Blue S3 Saloon

Either something has changed or your werent driving it right!!!
Haha it was in eco the whole way home but then as soon as I got off the motorway and it went into dynamic went down to about 33mpg. Still haven't floored it completely yet :grimacing:

Haha it was in eco the whole way home but then as soon as I got off the motorway and it went into dynamic went down to about 33mpg. Still haven't floored it completely yet :grimacing:

Its still increeibly impressive....youll soon learn to use the loud pedal and watch the MPG drop dramtically!! Youll have a very close relationship with shell/bp v soon!!

Reactions: Rob2k68
Its still increeibly impressive....youll soon learn to use the loud pedal and watch the MPG drop dramtically!! Youll have a very close relationship with shell/bp v soon!!
Yeah I'm expecting it to go down a lot :sweatsmile:
When I filled up at shell it read 410 for the tank which I didn't think was too horrendous.

Thanks! I was looking at Sportbacks as well but the saloon won me over
I've got the facelift 3dr which is a tad boy racer looking, saloon much more classy.

Reactions: James.B8
I've got the facelift 3dr which is a tad boy racer looking, saloon much more classy.
I like the 3dr just wasn't practical for me. Yeah the Saloon does have a bit of class about it

Last edited:
Nice motor and perfect colour buddy. TBH I personally like Saloon and it definitely looks more classy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice motor and perfect colour buddy. TBH I personally like Saloon and it definitely looks more classy

Thanks I love it. :) Saloon was definitely the right decision IMO

Reactions: V6_Man
Hi all,

Been in and out of this forum recently asking for advice on buying a new or used s3.

Finally pulled the trigger and picked up my Mystic Blue S3 Saloon. Super high spec and amazing colour.

From initial photos I saw it looked like Navarra but in real life they're worlds apart. Mystic has a much deeper purple tone to it and some lights it almost looks Merlin Purple. Extremely happy with it and got 37mpg average on the way home.

Photos below. Cheers :hi:

More photos to follow.
@James.B8 - Great looking S3 saloon buddy. Congrats !

Loving the colour. Like @jassyo06 has said very much like merlin purple

Here's a photo of it in the sunlight today looking a little more blue. It hasn't had a proper wash or detail yet. Photobucket has ruined the quality as well

Reactions: Rob2k68
:sign wow: I'm in love with this colour! Your car just looks great....enjoy!

Any idea what this would cost as an exclusive colour?

:sign wow: I'm in love with this colour! Your car just looks great....enjoy!

Any idea what this would cost as an exclusive colour?
Thanks a lot. Really pleased with it. Wouldn't change it for anything! Hopefully get it detailed soon to give it the love it deserves. :)
Over £2000 I believe

My sepang blue just cost 2250 as a exclusive colour

Another photo I snapped today parked up at home.

Reactions: Pinky1959, Djs3saloon, Sandra and 3 others
@James.B8 another fantastic pic. Car stands out against the colours in your garden. It's so vibrant. It's kind of like the gift that just keeps giving. The colour changes like scuba and estoril in different lights. :)

@James.B8 another fantastic pic. Car stands out against the colours in your garden. It's so vibrant. It's kind of like the gift that just keeps giving. The colour changes like scuba and estoril in different lights. :)
Thanks :) yeah it's so diverse this colour. Never looks the same in any two pictures.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Sandra
Thanks :) yeah it's so diverse this colour. Never looks the same in any two pictures.
This is exactly what has caught my attention about it so much. It really is one of the best colours I have ever seen....would love to see a car with it in person. :frog:

Reactions: Rob2k68 and James.B8
Looks well!

This is exactly what has caught my attention about it so much. It really is one of the best colours I have ever seen....would love to see a car with it in person. :frog:
If you're local to me you're more than welcome to have a look :) if not I may try get to a few events this summer

Car had its first proper wash today. Drying towel needs replacing so tried not to use it too much so there's a few drips and runs :(

Really comes to life in the sun. Need to use my old DSLR to get a good photo of it but haven't got round to it yet. iPhone really doesn't do this car justice.

Reactions: Pinky1959 and Rob2k68
IMG 4644
Quick little snap of the booty.
Booked in for a pro detail next week but still undecided if I want the ceramic coating as it's so expensive :weary::cry:

Reactions: SPIKE_ and Jassyo06
Just came straight from a night shift to drop the car off at the detailer. Goodbye money :cry:
Looking forward to seeing the results. In for 3 days. Having it machined, ceramic coated, wheels and exhausts coated too and glass coated.
Finally get a better look at that Mystic Blurple paint :hearteyes::hearteyes:saw a lovely RS6 on instagram in Mystic the other day and what a lovely looking thing that was :weary:

After living with the car for a few months and giving it the beans on some lovely twisty open roads I've decided the suspension is a bit poo so maybe have to look at lowering springs in the future. Car looks quite high with the 19s and magride as well so a nice drop would look good

Reactions: Tom.H and Jassyo06
Just came straight from a night shift to drop the car off at the detailer. Goodbye money :cry:
Looking forward to seeing the results. In for 3 days. Having it machined, ceramic coated, wheels and exhausts coated too and glass coated.
Finally get a better look at that Mystic Blurple paint :hearteyes::hearteyes:saw a lovely RS6 on instagram in Mystic the other day and what a lovely looking thing that was :weary:

After living with the car for a few months and giving it the beans on some lovely twisty open roads I've decided the suspension is a bit poo so maybe have to look at lowering springs in the future. Car looks quite high with the 19s and magride as well so a nice drop would look good

Looking forward to seeing the end product mate, should be a bit special also add spacers whilst you are getting it lowered

Looking forward to seeing the end product mate, should be a bit special also add spacers whilst you are getting it lowered
Yeah will just need some sunshine then to see it sparkle :sunglasses:Yeah defo needs some spacers on it.

Reactions: Jassyo06

It sounds like it will be money well spent. Really looking forward to seeing the results! Don't forget.....plenty of pics :yes:

It sounds like it will be money well spent. Really looking forward to seeing the results! Don't forget.....plenty of pics :yes:
I do hope so! Yeah of course, i asked the guy to take some progress shots and before and after ;)

Reactions: SPIKE_
IMG 4689
Here she is...
Will stick the photos up the detailer took later. Looks very similar (if not identical) to Navarra in this artificial lighting.
Still a few imperfections in the paint work but i didn't opt for the full correction as it was already £750 as it was :confounded:
Exhaust tips came up lovely
IMG 4690

Reactions: Rodrigo Guida, GregS3, Bristle Hound and 9 others
View attachment 133179 Here she is...
Will stick the photos up the detailer took later. Looks very similar (if not identical) to Navarra in this artificial lighting.
Still a few imperfections in the paint work but i didn't opt for the full correction as it was already £750 as it was :confounded:
View attachment 133180
Did they rectify any stone chips mate

:hubbahubba:

There must be more pictures than that?

Reactions: Jassyo06 and James.B8
View attachment 133179 Here she is...
View attachment 133180
@James.B8 - S3 looks fab buddy !
Now the challenge is to keep it like that