S3 8V chassis .. what date did 'facelift' take effect?

Rupert49

Reaction score
My S3 Saloon was brand new in November 2014, therefore I'm assuming it's an 8V chassis configuration (not familiar with Audi car background, sorry).

I've noticed in the section headings for 8V chassis that there now appears the additional word 'facelift'. To what does this refer and when did it take effect, please?

My S3 Saloon was brand new in November 2014, therefore I'm assuming it's an 8V chassis configuration (not familiar with Audi car background, sorry).

I've noticed in the section headings for 8V chassis that there now appears the additional word 'facelift'. To what does this refer and when did it take effect, please?
The new A3 facelift arrived roughly this time last year and the facelift S3 around August last year that was to customers may l add, the car was initially shown March 2016

Reactions: Rob2k68
The F/L has the smiley face ;o)

Reactions: Jassyo06
Just to clarify for you.. your car on a 14 plate will be the 8V PFL version. Its the latest shape car. Previous cars were 8P and 8L versions. 2012/13 was the changover to 8V shape from 8P.

On the forum people talk about PFL ( Pre face lift ) and FL ( face lift ) cars. Audi put a mid life facelift revision on cars from late 2016, which changed the front bumper and lights and rear valance along with some minor tweaks and additional options. Most notable being the option to add "virtual cockpit".

To the casual observer your car will look like the latest version. So go and enjoy it!

Regds
Jungle

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Rob2k68
That's very helpful, thank you.

Two and a half years on and I still get people making nice remarks about the car. It's always the youngsters who want to know how fast it'll go!

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Tom.H
That's very helpful, thank you.

Two and a half years on and I still get people making nice remarks about the car. It's always the youngsters who want to know how fast it'll go!

Fast enough is the best answer.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
Reactions: Forbzeeee, computeratelier, Rob2k68 and 1 other person