New Audi, Any Regrets?

Nothing... except the price lol

Reactions: Rob2k68, Fockwulf, Djs3saloon and 3 others
Getting black rather than white (black looks nice but it's too much work).
Getting it over 48 months rather than 36 months.
Not selling it last month! Was being offered £22k, this month the same dealership is offering £21k and another dealership in the same group £19k!!! You can guess what I told him when he asked if I still wanted to change cars :)

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Rob2k68
Should have ticked the one remaining option box at the time of ordering (which was for privacy glass) but no regrets. That's not to say that the package can't be enhanced a bit with some mods but they can be fitted overtime.

Having spent almost £5k on extras....
I should have also gone for ACC and lighting package

Not available is memory seats.... we have very different driving positions [ 5'10" v 5'4/5" ( heels or not ! ]. We would have paid extra for memory but... it's tough but we are getting by....

Reactions: ollie2013uk and Jassyo06
I literally ticked everything except the Super Sports seats and the electric seat adjustment.

Do I think I will regret it? Probably not. The only time I would even notice is if someone has an S3 with them that I could see. Then maybe I might.

But I have a feeling the person with those SS seats will probably regret not ticking some of the other boxes that I did more!

Reactions: Rob2k68
I literally ticked everything except the Super Sports seats and the electric seat adjustment.

Do I think I will regret it? Probably not. The only time I would even notice is if someone has an S3 with them that I could see. Then maybe I might.

But I have a feeling the person with those SS seats will probably regret not ticking some of the other boxes that I did more!
Vague....... what boxes did you tick curious......?

Having spent almost £5k on extras....
I should have also gone for ACC and lighting package

Not available is memory seats.... we have very different driving positions [ 5'10" v 5'4/5" ( heels or not ! ]. We would have paid extra for memory but... it's tough but we are getting by....
£5k of options is around the average amount

Not being one for buying options apart from cosmetic enhancing ones. I regret not getting the 18" Alloys for my Sport.

Not being one for buying options apart from cosmetic enhancing ones. I regret not getting the 18" Alloys for my Sport.
Always plenty of nice Oem one's on eBay mate

Reactions: MattSedg, Rob2k68 and f1nny

Everything! Lol.

Actually only 3 things I didn’t; SS seats, electric seats and lumbar support.

All other options - all the safety/assistance extras, self parking, sunroof, red break callipers, matrix LED, hill hold assist on the S3 Saloon.

Basically go into the Configurator and tick everything except those 3 I said at the start lol

Agreed think mine came in at 8k but could have gone more quite easily!

It's funny money mate them extras lol as your demonstrating when ye fire all them options on your best keeping the car for a few years ie 3 plus
I don't know the exact amount mine's came to but it's close to £**,***
But some of the PFL options where even more expensive than on the FL, like the technology package and comfort package

Our cars here have far fewer options and more standard equipment than in the U.K. and Europe. Really only just a handful or so

DSG or manual
Performance pack- 2 variations both have mag ride, B & O, red calibers, Super sport seats. One pack has twin spoke 19's the other V spoke
Pano roof
Matrix lights
Assistance pack - ACC etc
40/20/40 seats
Light inlays
Black optics pack
Privacy glass
Mirror pack and
A range of colours

Things like VC, Top line MMI, dual, AC etc are standard. This all still adds up of course and ticking all boxes adds about $14,500 in extras.

Our cars here have far fewer options and more standard equipment than in the U.K. and Europe. Really only just a handful or so

DSG or manual
Performance pack- 2 variations both have mag ride, B & O, red calibers, Super sport seats. One pack has twin spoke 19's the other V spoke
Pano roof
Matrix lights
40/20/40 seats
Light inlays
Black optics pack
Privacy glass
Mirror pack and
A range of colours

Things like VC, Top line MMI, dual, AC etc are standard. This all still adds up of course and ticking all boxes adds about $14,500 in extras.

Your in Australia or Canada?

Believe Mac is an Aussie.

As Mac mentions our S3's are nicely specced in standard form and some handy 'packs' ad the bling

Melbourne in Australia Jassy.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Jassyo06

DSG or manual
Pano roof
Matrix lights
40/20/40 seats
Light inlays
Black optics pack
Privacy glass
Mirror pack and
A range of colours

Don't ye get the interior design pack

No not as a pack but from what I can see on the UK configurator those things like extended leather, convenience key etc are standard here. As are things like hill hold, park assist, rear view camera, rear side airbags etc. There are a lot of boxes you guys have the option to tick that we don't as ours are either standard or bundled in a package.

There is also the option to order an individual colour as you have and I presume the option to add the red stitching too. Interior colours are black or rotor grey on the S3.

Regrets, I've had a few
But then again, too few to mention
I did what I had to do and saw it through without exemption
I planned each charted course, each careful step along the byway
And more, much more than this, I did it my way!!!

Reactions: TDI-line, Tom.H and Jassyo06
AHHHHHH Gotchya! i was racking my brain and just couldn't think.

Reactions: Jassyo06
At £1395 bangers....... it better be lol
Haha very valid. It came in my TT as standard so when came to ordering the S3 it felt like a must have to me.

Appreciate it's not a must have for all at that price though.

Reactions: Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and Tom.H
Haha very valid. It came in my TT as standard so when came to ordering the S3 it felt like a must have to me.

Appreciate it's not a must have for all at that price though.

Love the VC in the S3 can't imagine regretting that option

Reactions: Rob2k68, OST, TYb and 1 other person
I sometimes regret not going Leather/Alcantara mainly to break up the blackness of the door cards with some texture but I'm sure the Alcantara seat facings would get the better of my OCD and I'd be brushing them all of the time.

Reactions: TDI-line, MattSedg, Tom.H and 2 others
I sometimes regret not going Leather/Alcantara mainly to break up the blackness of the door cards with some texture but I'm sure the Alcantara seat facings would get the better of my OCD and I'd be brushing them all of the time.

very happy with our leather & alcantara ( in the light grey). Never brushed them though! Neither of us like full leather. It definitely breaks up the bleck of the door cards.

However you may feel about the virtual cockpit - it is something that will add value to the car going forward so should be purchased.

Also the Audi S dials are very disappointing. They look like someone stuck them on some cardboard. No drama to them at all. My Golf R has big dials that look like they mean business.

VC is the way to go.

However you may feel about the virtual cockpit - it is something that will add value to the car going forward so should be purchased.

Also the Audi S dials are very disappointing. They look like someone stuck them on some cardboard. No drama to them at all. My Golf R has big dials that look like they mean business.

VC is the way to go.

Until Virtual cockpit 2-0 appears and makes the current one look rather old fashioned

Reactions: TDI-line, Rob2k68, Tom.H and 1 other person
We know that the next generation of Audis will run on Android so there will be changes.

But the VC will continue to run on its own platform.

And I don't agree totally. Sure it may look different but the VC contains more information that normal dials. And that makes it valuable.

I assume you didn't add it to yours then seeing as you hate it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VC is the way to go.

My cousin sent me a pic of the S3 loan car he had yesterday and they do look a bit pants compared to the VC. My biggest gripe is the lack of S3 on the steering wheel and seats!

F23EBB08-0A5E-40EA-AFB1-6F97EC73653B.jpg

3F6E1C63-715F-4E51-99C4-5EFB6A476287.jpg

Reactions: Djs3saloon, Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
See I like the old school dials !!

I see there still using dials from the 1994 golf...

We know that the next generation of Audis will run on Android so there will be changes.

But the VC will continue to run on its own platform.

And I don't agree totally. Sure it may look different but the VC contains more information that normal dials. And that makes it valuable.

I assume you didn't add it to yours then seeing as you hate it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope...got it...But only just for a makeover...coming from the same car...plus keeping this car for at least 3 years???? lol.change is as good as rest so they say...but l still like the analogue dials....in bright sun shine they are far brighter than any TFT screen....and look classy in my opinion,the VC....screen will also be prone to fine swirl like scratches....which may even reduce brightness over a long period if not looked after properly....but Audi...clever buggers that they are, make it hard to resist....this option especially in this Gadget laden/iphone world we all now live in

The S3 dials are rubbish. Looks like an afterthought someone stuck on.

My R dials are awesome. The VC is the best.

70865c890cc78a5a9f0389f2b410f08f.jpg

da010ef4d2e8c62c41e461eb02d30fce.jpg
Not a fan of the VW DIALS,the outer band /increments reminds me of cable markers....ie wiring Ferrules nice steering wheel though.....but Gash Jeans....lol

Nope...got it...But only just for a makeover...coming from the same car...plus keeping this car for at least 3 years???? lol.change is as good as rest so they say...but l still like the analogue dials....in bright sun shine they are far brighter than any TFT screen....and look classy in my opinion,the VC....screen will also be prone to fine swirl like scratches....which may even reduce brightness over a long period if not looked after properly....but Audi...clever buggers that they are, make it hard to resist....this option especially in this Gadget laden/iphone world we all now live in

See I find the VC fine both in daylight and at night, maybe I just got an extra special one complete with subwoofer control lol

Reactions: Rob2k68, Djs3saloon and Jassyo06