S3 Engine Tweeks and Wheels

NIKO51

Reaction score
Hi there everyone, long time lurker, just signed up, great forum. Proud new owner of an 01' S3. Had an A3 1.8T for 9 years previous to that. Loving the difference in the drive.

The car was checked over intensively before purchase, only thing that was of any slight concern was a bit of a leak from the turbo, it doesn't bleed onto the drive way and doesn't seem to be a major concern at this point. I would prefer to get it checked over anyways and plan to put it into engine services up here near Edinburgh. While they're at it I was wondering if it would be worth upgrading/reconditioning anything engine wise at all?

Also I'm looking at a set of 18' alloys that are 8.5 front and 9.5 rear with a 35 offset. Would these work ok with 235 front and 245 rear width tyres on?

thanks for the reply and info. Its already got an induction kit/cone filter in there. I've got him booked in on Monday for a general health check and going over so will take it from there.

Would anyone happen to know about the alloy fitments in my post? Ive searched but cant seem to find a definitive answer on that set up.