Facelift UK RS3 Saloon/SB (400ps) Order Thread...

Thanks thats fantastic.. very helpful info... mine left factory on the 2nd of September and has been on status 36 at emden since the 4th of September since... disappointed was expecting it around 3-4 weeks from build which doesn't seem like it will happen now still awaiting ship according to YourAudi :( 2 weeks exactly today since it left factory.

That's about normal, couple of days on the ship and then it's a quick process in the UK if your dealer is on the ball.

That's about normal, couple of days on the ship and then it's a quick process in the UK if your dealer is on the ball.
Ahh ok thanks.. Does timing have anything to do with which port the car is going to.. I'm guessing Tyne as its Edinburgh Audi..

Huh, I never slapped you down @D0C , just asking a question. If the PFL RS3 is 4x louder than the FL S3, where does the FL RS3 fit?

So a tuned FL S3 with Milltek cat back sounds similar to FL RS3. How much louder is the FL S3 with a Milltek cat back compared to a stock FL S3?
I was just revving it from idle and there were similarities to the noise, obviously it still has the 5 cyclinder noise but it was just very tuned down. Once driving it was better, just still not as good as I expected

Ahh ok thanks.. Does timing have anything to do with which port the car is going to.. I'm guessing Tyne as its Edinburgh Audi..

They seem to have designated ships for each port, but occasionally they send one boat to multiple ports. Shouldn't matter which because all 3 can be sailing at once. Once it's in the port, your dealer has to put in a transport request and once that's done it's just a matter of waiting for the truck.

Reactions: MoKha
They seem to have designated ships for each port, but occasionally they send one boat to multiple ports. Shouldn't matter which because all 3 can be sailing at once. Once it's in the port, your dealer has to put in a transport request and once that's done it's just a matter of waiting for the truck.
Thanks.. The process sounds fast tracked after the ship leaves the port only issue is i guess the uncertainty on the time scale of getting on to a ship been waiting 2 weeks stuck on status 36 which translates to arrived at emden waiting to be allocated a ship. Unfortunately not even been even allocated a ship yet when it will change to status 38. Will only change to status 39 im guessing when ship is on the way to the UK. Frustrating...

Thanks.. The process sounds fast tracked after the ship leaves the port only issue is i guess the uncertainty on the time scale of getting on to a ship been waiting 2 weeks stuck on status 36 which translates to arrived at emden waiting to be allocated a ship. Unfortunately not even been even allocated a ship yet when it will change to status 38. Will only change to status 39 im guessing when ship is on the way to the UK. Frustrating...

Cars can wait 5/6 weeks there if all is chaotic. I think Audi UK say allow it to be there 4 weeks before they will intervene.

The grey RS3 Saloom at ADI looked fantastic glad I’ve ordered nardo grey now

Reactions: AudiNutta
Hi Mo, I'm the very same mate, my saloon was a week 35 build but started on the Friday of the previous week. It left the factory on the 3rd Sep heading for Emden I assume, and has been stuck there since. The official status from my salesman is port of exit not released (36). I was kind of hoping it would be early as my S3 saloon arrived 2 weeks ahead of schedule as the transport had sped up considerably. I was doing ok until I had a test drive in the Glasgow Audi demo car and now I'm constantly checking the configurator for updates. Hopefully we see movement on our cars this week.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hi Mo, I'm the very same mate, my saloon was a week 35 build but started on the Friday of the previous week. It left the factory on the 3rd Sep heading for Emden I assume, and has been stuck there since. The official status from my salesman is port of exit not released (36). I was kind of hoping it would be early as my S3 saloon arrived 2 weeks ahead of schedule as the transport had sped up considerably. I was doing ok until I had a test drive in the Glasgow Audi demo car and now I'm constantly checking the configurator for updates. Hopefully we see movement on our cars this week.

Hi mate lets hope so losing patience too haha... from what i have seen not many people get status 36 and if they do it soon turns to status 38. Did the salesman say Realistically when you could have your car by or is it all a guessing game at the moment?

Hi mate lets hope so losing patience too haha... from what i have seen not many people get status 36 and if they do it soon turns to status 38. Did the salesman say Realistically when you could have your car by or is it all a guessing game at the moment?
Still a guessing game at the minute mate, I'm trying to tie it in with my detailer who has left me a slot despite being pretty much booked out. What he did tell me once it's allocated a ship(which they can tell you the name of if you wish)it shouldn't take too long. Once arrived in the UK they go through customs, then held in the storage area whilst transport is organised to its destination. I'm hoping to see the car at some point end of this week, though still a guessing game.

Still a guessing game at the minute mate, I'm trying to tie it in with my detailer who has left me a slot despite being pretty much booked out. What he did tell me once it's allocated a ship(which they can tell you the name of if you wish)it shouldn't take too long. Once arrived in the UK they go through customs, then held in the storage area whilst transport is organised to its destination. I'm hoping to see the car at some point end of this week, though still a guessing game.

Thanks for that mate, please keep us updated when hear anything from the salesman.. a very big possibility they could arrive at the same time.. thanks in advance..

Thanks thats fantastic.. very helpful info... mine left factory on the 2nd of September and has been on status 36 at emden since the 4th of September since... disappointed was expecting it around 3-4 weeks from build which doesn't seem like it will happen now still awaiting ship according to YourAudi :( 2 weeks exactly today since it left factory.
Audi tracker said mine sat at port for 2 weeks. Not entirely convinced of its accuracy. I got mine exactly a month after the build started, 3 weeks earlier than originally suggested at the dealer

. I was doing ok until I had a test drive in the Glasgow Audi demo car and now I'm constantly checking the configurator for updates. Hopefully we see movement on our cars this week.
The dark grey one ?
You another Glasgow RS3 owner then?
Hope they arrive soon :)

Seen that dark gray one myself today,lovely looking it was,pretty much specced up too,should be for £55k mind

Mines in transit from the factory according to your Audi . Is it accurate as my dealer asked me to wait for updates from him

I am at ADI and asked Audi nicely to start the RS3 Saloon with a sports exhaust, they did.. horray!!! It really does sound good and still retains a lot of depth, no bangs but lots of pops and there is a big difference when it goes into dynamic unlike what's been said previous.

Yeah, the start-up was pretty much identical with the lovely open-valves. It was only when actually driving that one noticed the difference in sound. That was a standard exhaust FL RS3. I am sure the FL with sports exhaust is still brutal and amazing.

Yeah, the start-up was pretty much identical with the lovely open-valves. It was only when actually driving that one noticed the difference in sound. That was a standard exhaust FL RS3. I am sure the FL with sports exhaust is still brutal and amazing.

Hopefully the one I have tomorrow will have the sports exhaust, unsure of any spec at this time.

They have literally just listed the spec online, it's one of those weird stupid specced ones :'( Without sports exhaust but has the top speed restriction raised, stupid Audi!!!

Hopefully the one I have tomorrow will have the sports exhaust, unsure of any spec at this time.

They have literally just listed the spec online, it's one of those weird stupid specced ones :'( Without sports exhaust but has the top speed restriction raised, stupid Audi!!!
I think if you go in the FL with Sports Exhaust you will LOVE it and all will be good in the AudiNutta world.
If it has a standard exhaust then just think how much better yours will sound! You can't lose. Either way, it is the greatest 5 door, 5 seat hatchback ever created (FL & PFL)

I think if you go in the FL with Sports Exhaust you will LOVE it and all will be good in the AudiNutta world.
If it has a standard exhaust then just think how much better yours will sound! You can't lose. Either way, it is the greatest 5 door, 5 seat hatchback ever created (FL & PFL)

I'm a little disappointed it hasn't got the sports exhaust, I was hoping this would win me over and remove any doubts. If I think it sounds good, I'm laughing though.

It hasn't got Mag Ride or SS Seats, so the feel will be different but the one thing consistent will be power. I will enjoy it and just think mine will have all the extras.

I have it from midday tomorrow for 24 hours, so excited but I have one problem... how am I going to sleep when it's in the garage?! Minimal sleep, maximum drive time! I think Audi will regret this loan, it's a 160 mile round trip from dealer to home as it is haha.. I'm expecting to do not far off 400 miles. But I had 0% discount and if they don't give me a restriction, I'm going to make the most of it haha.

When I had a PFL for 8 hours, the drive time was 7.5 hours for the day and a tank of fuel gone! It should be a good 24 hours, once I decide where to take it.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Lots of launches. If you're in Warwickshire then stop by and we can compare sounds and launch control ;)

Lots of launches. If you're in Warwickshire then stop by and we can compare sounds and launch control ;)

Launches? It's a demo, I'd never ;)

I'm actually only picking it up about an hour away from you...... but too much planned in South Wales :D haha!!

Has any one had any updates on tracker or from dealer updates on any movement for car stuck at the port emden since last week or the last 2 weeks? Still waiting for allocated a ship or on the way to the UK update...

The dark grey one ?
You another Glasgow RS3 owner then?
Hope they arrive soon :)
Yes mate the daytona grey 1, wish I hadn't now as I was doing ok until I had a shot of the demo car. Now it seems like it's taking ages. Was gonna see if Noah would come out of retirement for 1 last job

Reactions: MoKha, dunes7 and AudiNutta
Has any one had any updates on tracker or from dealer updates on any movement for car stuck at the port emden since last week or the last 2 weeks? Still waiting for allocated a ship or on the way to the UK update...
No mate still showing my car has left the factory on my tracker, has been for 2 weeks now

@AudiNutta 24 hour loan....

You've got time to come down and meet me in Surrey and then we can go off to the Nurburgring for several laps and then zoom back - simples.

@AudiNutta 24 hour loan....

You've got time to come down and meet me in Surrey and then we can go off to the Nurburgring for several laps and then zoom back - simples.

:lmfao:

I thought 24 hours is a long time, but planning out my trips is soon eating it up!! I've accounted for at least a few hours sleep, haven't found a time slow for food yet.. who needs food ;)

Reactions: MoKha
No mate still showing my car has left the factory on my tracker, has been for 2 weeks now

Ahh we are in same boat i guess and ship haha.. what are they playing at they are taking the **** i think its still within average time they give.. but i think we got our hopes up after hearing 2 week turnaround time from leaving factory to driving off in to the sun... back to normality with Audi i guess.. hope i hear something soon!!

So update is that mine is waiting for a ship now. In other news the dealer got another car in this weekend, its now registered so I got a look round and a test drive today. Had standard wheels, standard seats, sports exhaust and sound and comfort pack. Had a nice little drive and also some time to check out the control and display choices, some dont make much sense but its all good.

Drive was good, pretty pokey - felt very nice to drive, power not far different to a Stage2 Golf R but much better sound - felt more solid. Standard wheels in the flesh are not too bad, a little boring for an RS model still. Struggled to get any pops/bangs on downshifts, in fact its pretty quiet in the cabin - with the window down managed a little one at some stage during the drive.

The rim protector on the pzero's is massive! caught my eye when first looking round the car.

Reactions: dunes7
Ahh we are in same boat i guess and ship haha.. what are they playing at they are taking the **** i think its still within average time they give.. but i think we got our hopes up after hearing 2 week turnaround time from leaving factory to driving off in to the sun... back to normality with Audi i guess.. hope i hear something soon!!
Yeh, hopes were built up on an early delivery after my S3 arrived nearly 2 weeks ahead of schedule.

So, in usual AudiNutta fashion it's gone belly up! Arrived to find no car here.

They same out and said there was an issue on the way down, the car has had a puncture/blowout on the motorway coming down.

They wanted to rearrange, but I've just driven early 100 miles to get here and I am not turning around. I've free'd up two days and p***** off my work royally for it. Having expressed my displeasure, I've been told to wait and they will sort me a car but it will be up to a couple of hours.

Dam it !! I was looking forward to hearing your review AudiNutta....
I have heard of excuses in the past but I reckon they're taking the ****.

It's just me, haha!!

They have put a tyre on it and the salesman is going to get it now. They can put it through the workshop first and check all is ok before I drive it.

Right then in that case you're gonna have to cane the fxxx out of it !

It's just me, haha!!

They have put a tyre on it and the salesman is going to get it now. They can put it through the workshop first and check all is ok before I drive it.
Your dealership really is pi55 poor. Which one is it to make sure I never use them?

Hopefully the different car will have a sports exhaust on?