Facelift UK RS3 Saloon/SB (400ps) Order Thread...

Just saw it now, awesome video and put a big smile on my face. That noise....
Sounds great doesn’t it. No doubt it’ll open up more and more, my S3 certainly has.

Reactions: AudiNutta
Sounds great doesn’t it. No doubt it’ll open up more and more, my S3 certainly has.
I've got 1000 miles on mine now and it does sound better than when it first arrived (with 50 on the clock).

Reactions: timmayyyy_nz
I've got 1000 miles on mine now and it does sound better than when it first arrived (with 50 on the clock).
I think it’ll open up even more for you. Around 8000 even my girlfriend thought it was getting louder.

These new RS3’s are ****** lovely.

Reactions: timmayyyy_nz, AudiNutta and teslaboy
I think it’ll open up even more for you. Around 8000 even my girlfriend thought it was getting louder.

These new RS3’s are ****** lovely.
They don't half go.
Had a bit of a run in with a 240i the other day, think I surprised him. And that's without really going for it!

Reactions: FBF01 and TYb
I’m nearly as bad... I sold my fairly highly tuned 2016 Focus RS last month and have to just use my van from now til next March :tearsofjoy:

I’m just stuck to my pushbike for work :tearsofjoy::tired:

Only cars I’ve driven since are a 90hp Corsa Diesel and a 143hp A4. The RS3 will be rapid...

Reactions: Phil3
I’m just stuck to my pushbike for work :tearsofjoy::tired:

Only cars I’ve driven since are a 90hp Corsa Diesel and a 143hp A4. The RS3 will be rapid...

I bet the pushbike isn’t that far off the Corsa

Inbetween by last few performance cars I’ve had a few cheapies haha... the biggest drop was from my stage 1 GTR to an Alfa 147 diesel

Last edited:
I bet the pushbike isn’t bad far of the Corca

Inbetween by last few performance cars I’ve had a few cheapies haha... the biggest drop was from my stage 1 GTR to an Alfa 147 diesel

Always good to change between, makes you appreciate what they are.

Reactions: Phil3
It was on Saturday when I spoke to the dealer.

I'm not sure which port it will come to. I'm in Suffolk so I assume that it will be Sheerness or Grimsby.

Your dealer will be able to tell you, mine is headed to Grimsby when it decides to leave.

Audi UK told me today the latest it will ship is the 9th.

I ordered mine roughly a month ago and I’m looking at a March delivery right now

Reactions: Dodgygtr
Picked mine up last night.
8CA1DFC4 E0C6 40BD 944E F95D5B03C7CA

Reactions: RS3 S., MoKha, Terminator x and 4 others
Initial impressions...

Colour - Very impressed with the Ara blue, I was unsure to begin with but in the flesh this colour really pops. I don't think photos do it justice as dependent on lighting conditions it can go from light to dark and all shades between. With the black pack, privacy, red callipers, high gloss wheels etc, it really is stunning. I now prefer this over the older Sepang blue. I removed the Pan roof last minute in my order due to the weight penalty and although I'm glad I did, I may think about completing that overall look that I was wanting with a gloss black wrapped roof. Will consider this later.

Interior- I chose the Lunar silver supersports and the extended interior leather package. The lunar silver seats go very nice with the blue/black theme going on in the car. No complaints there. The extended leather though is not in lunar silver but in the normal black/grey so is not as noticeable as it would be. Seats are not as supportable as I thought they would be with the side bolsters, nothing like the RS6 seats which wrap around you and keep you glued in. Still though, I wouldn't have an RS3 without the Supersports.
Alcantara steering wheel, feels nice, looks nice, although I am conscious of wearing it out.
Virtual Cockpit, first impressions are good but there are so many different screens to play around with and I need to activate google maps etc. Certainly need more time with it. I can see why that old dinosaur Jeremy Clarkson may have not liked it, he probably didn't have a clue what he was doing with it. Audi sport logos when opening the doors are a nice touch too. TPMS and the individual wheel pressures and temps in the front screen is handy too.

Comfort Pack, namely the B&O, very impressed with it. I've questioned it in previous cars and how much difference it makes but the clarity and bass, overall surround were one of the first things I noted as being impressed with. Very glad now that I specced that. In addition, the B&O surround lights add an extra special touch in the cabin at night. Advanced key, first time I've had it and find it nice and convenient to have, leave the key in your pocket and enter and off you go. I understand there are some unnecessary security risks but I'm not fussed or worried about that. If someone wants your car bad enough, they'll get it. Reversing Cam, another nice feature having it, but to be honest, I'll probably very rarely use it. The missus on the other hand will find it useful. Hill hold, well not much to say.
I added the high beam assist which if you didn't spec the Matrix is a no brainer, cheap option box to tick.

Sports Exhaust - Yep, good, but could be better. I feel that something is still missing but I'll soon have the downpipe out and I suspect this is what will open it up and give it that 10/10 sound. You can get it to pop and fart a little but yes, I can see why when comparing it to a PFL model, it may be a disappointment. However, don't get me wrong, it still sounds great. My car arrived with 28 miles on the clock so guess it needs a little more 'bedding in'

Performance - Well I haven't tested it yet other than a 2nd/3rd gear pull but certainly feels lively. Will soon get the vbox in it and a few launches to test.

Steering feel - Noticeable the first turn you make, the car is light and feels nimble. The weight they have removed off the front axle with the lighter engine is immediately noticeable. Feels good.

Brakes- First impressions are that they are sharp, strong and it's going to take a lot to get them to fade. Good bite, no grumbling/squeaky noises, no complaints.

Probably missed a good few things out, I've not really played around with it much yet but overall, yep, big thumbs up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Terminator x, AudiNutta, FBF01 and 5 others
My car has arrived in UK so should be with me in the next week or so.

Insurance on the RS3, WTF?

RS6 insurance costs me £525 for 750hp all mods declared.
RS3 insurance is coming in at £850.
TTRS insurance is being quoted at £450

Nothing wrong with post code, personal circumstances etc as the RS6/TTRS quotes prove, the only thing that's different is the car.

The cheapest RS3 quote is coming from Debenhams ***, all the big boys in the game are quoting over £1k.

I guess it's the delightful areas of Birmingham and West Yorkshire that are to blame, RS3 is clearly high up the Insurance list for thefts.
My insurance is due to renew at the end of December. Just thought I'd have a look on Compare the Market (not had my renewal quote yet) and it's coming out at nearly double what I'm currently paying (£350) at £650. That's 10yrs NCD, no points or accidents etc. What the hell?! Either there's been a lot of RS3's stolen over the last year or the insurance companies are taking the pi55.

Let's hope when my renewal quote comes through that it's a little more sensible. Worryingly, my current provider came up on Compare the Market at £810!!!

My insurance is due to renew at the end of December. Just thought I'd have a look on Compare the Market (not had my renewal quote yet) and it's coming out at nearly double what I'm currently paying (£350) at £650. That's 10yrs NCD, no points or accidents etc. What the hell?! Either there's been a lot of RS3's stolen over the last year or the insurance companies are taking the pi55.

Let's hope when my renewal quote comes through that it's a little more sensible. Worryingly, my current provider came up on Compare the Market at £810!!!
All insurance has gone up, and they're taking the pixx!

Initial impressions...

Colour - Very impressed with the Ara blue, I was unsure to begin with but in the flesh this colour really pops. I don't think photos do it justice as dependent on lighting conditions it can go from light to dark and all shades between. With the black pack, privacy, red callipers, high gloss wheels etc, it really is stunning. I now prefer this over the older Sepang blue. I removed the Pan roof last minute in my order due to the weight penalty and although I'm glad I did, I may think about completing that overall look that I was wanting with a gloss black wrapped roof. Will consider this later.

Interior- I chose the Lunar silver supersports and the extended interior leather package. The lunar silver seats go very nice with the blue/black theme going on in the car. No complaints there. The extended leather though is not in lunar silver but in the normal black/grey so is not as noticeable as it would be. Seats are not as supportable as I thought they would be with the side bolsters, nothing like the RS6 seats which wrap around you and keep you glued in. Still though, I wouldn't have an RS3 without the Supersports.
Alcantara steering wheel, feels nice, looks nice, although I am conscious of wearing it out.
Virtual Cockpit, first impressions are good but there are so many different screens to play around with and I need to activate google maps etc. Certainly need more time with it. I can see why that old dinosaur Jeremy Clarkson may have not liked it, he probably didn't have a clue what he was doing with it. Audi sport logos when opening the doors are a nice touch too. TPMS and the individual wheel pressures and temps in the front screen is handy too.

Comfort Pack, namely the B&O, very impressed with it. I've questioned it in previous cars and how much difference it makes but the clarity and bass, overall surround were one of the first things I noted as being impressed with. Very glad now that I specced that. In addition, the B&O surround lights add an extra special touch in the cabin at night. Advanced key, first time I've had it and find it nice and convenient to have, leave the key in your pocket and enter and off you go. I understand there are some unnecessary security risks but I'm not fussed or worried about that. If someone wants your car bad enough, they'll get it. Reversing Cam, another nice feature having it, but to be honest, I'll probably very rarely use it. The missus on the other hand will find it useful. Hill hold, well not much to say.
I added the high beam assist which if you didn't spec the Matrix is a no brainer, cheap option box to tick.

Sports Exhaust - Yep, good, but could be better. I feel that something is still missing but I'll soon have the downpipe out and I suspect this is what will open it up and give it that 10/10 sound. You can get it to pop and fart a little but yes, I can see why when comparing it to a PFL model, it may be a disappointment. However, don't get me wrong, it still sounds great. My car arrived with 28 miles on the clock so guess it needs a little more 'bedding in'

Performance - Well I haven't tested it yet other than a 2nd/3rd gear pull but certainly feels lively. Will soon get the vbox in it and a few launches to test.

Steering feel - Noticeable the first turn you make, the car is light and feels nimble. The weight they have removed off the front axle with the lighter engine is immediately noticeable. Feels good.

Brakes- First impressions are that they are sharp, strong and it's going to take a lot to get them to fade. Good bite, no grumbling/squeaky noises, no complaints.

Probably missed a good few things out, I've not really played around with it much yet but overall, yep, big thumbs up.

Great review, glad you’re getting on well with it.

Does the live tyre pressures show in VC?

My s3 was £340 in 2014, not sure about 2015, £430 in 2016 and £550 this year..now wife has it she paid £275 for 8 months. Rs3 insurance is £675. After some negotiation got about £25 off the original S3 quote of £300 and £75 off the rs3 from £750

Using privilege for the s3 and Direct Line for the rs3, both owned and underwritten by UK Insurance....compare sites are useless now as in both cases they were a lot more

Insurance costs are getting crazy now. I have a clean licence and full protected 30 years NCD - though the max is usually 9

Y

You have to switch to sport vc mode to see the TPWS, which you can only do before you fire up the engine.

You can change modes with the view button while it’s running?

I will always drive mine with the Sport dials on, it looks great.

I’ve seen online somebody managed to get the G meter to the right of the dial, don’t know how. I really need to figure out the quirks but sometimes I found the g meter remembered a previous reading and other times it didn’t. I never understood the power and torque dials until I drove one, just a pretty cool thing to have in front of you.

Literally just insured my car half an hour ago, come out at £625 in the end. It's through a broker, not one of the mainstream insurers. The big names in the game were all around £850-£1250. Have been driving 15yrs, no claims, 10yrs NCD, good quiet area. I do have an SP30 but doesn't add much.

Utterly ridiculous, I've been through pretty much every comparison site and a list of independents and wasted quite a few hours filling in the online forms. RS3 has a bad name in the insurance game.

Reactions: D0C and teslaboy
You can change modes with the view button while it’s running?

I'll try mine later but I'm pretty sure the car won't let you switch VC modes unless it's parked up and you turn it off and on
Unless I'm doing something wrong!!

Literally just insured my car half an hour ago, come out at £625 in the end. It's through a broker, not one of the mainstream insurers. The big names in the game were all around £850-£1250. Have been driving 15yrs, no claims, 10yrs NCD, good quiet area. I do have an SP30 but doesn't add much.

Utterly ridiculous, I've been through pretty much every comparison site and a list of independents and wasted quite a few hours filling in the online forms. RS3 has a bad name in the insurance game.
1st Central were quite good to me around 500. 48yr old 10yrs ncd and an SP50.

Reactions: Leo-RS
I'll try mine later but I'm pretty sure the car won't let you switch VC modes unless it's parked up and you turn it off and on

No issues switching between screens whilst driving in mine this morning. However, it did come up with the car must be doing more than 16mph so don't think they're visible stationary? (That was on the smaller central screen engine off)

No issues switching between screens whilst driving in mine this morning. However, it did come up with the car must be doing more than 16mph so don't think they're visible stationary? (That was on the smaller central screen engine off)
Ok cheers will give this a go.

Great review Leo - I have nicked your template

Colour -
Very impressed with the Ara blue, I was unsure to begin with but saw a TTRS and R8 in the same colour so knew beforehand i had made the right choice and i prefer blue cars (then red). Agree with Leo, pics dont do it justice. Alu styling - really sets off the car nicely and goes well with Ara Blue. Privacy glass - defo option for me, compliments the exterior nicely.

Interior- I chose the black supersports and the extended interior leather package. Seats are awesome and I didn't spec these in the s3 and they do provide much better side and small of the back support (even though I did have lumbar support in the s3). Extended leather is well worth it. Alcantara steering wheel, feels nice, looks nice, and agree with Leo re: issue of wearing it out.
Virtual Cockpit is superb, really makes the car feel special. Leo, I like Jeremy Clarkson but he is a technophobe. Agree, the Audi sport logos look great when opening the doors. Interior does feel premium, though not hugely different from the S3, seats, VC and the audi sport entry puddle light do make a difference

Comfort Pack, B&O was a defo option for me and a steal at an extra £495 (car stereo systems like this are not cheap; I know as I have a comparable pioneer / Hertz system in my 307xsi but that cost over £2000 a few year ago). Its better than the Range Rover system which is awful considering the price. Advanced key, never had this on my S3 due to security fears. Its so convenient but ive bought some faraday pouches to alieviate some fears. Reversing Cam, another nice feature having it, but to be honest, I'll probably very rarely use it like leo, I still look over my shoulder. I guess its handy if you don't see a low post. Never had it on my S3. Hill hold, nice option and had that on my s3.

Matrix lights - too early to tell if these are any good, but they make the front of the car meaner imo.

Sports Exhaust - Sounds nice but agree could be a bit louder, then again I havent floored the car yet as running it in. Not that many pops and bangs but at my age, 49, I'm not fussed

Performance/Ride - not tested yet, done 550 miles so will wait till about 900, but it DOES feel a ALOT more livilier than the s3 8v 2014 and that isn't exactly slow. I also, noticed that the car feels fine in dynamic whereas my S3 sportback crashed over everything as where I drive there are pot holes are the size of moon craters and tons of street humps. I presume the mag ride helps a lot as I have that on the rs3 but not the s3

Steering feel - Noticeable the first turn you make, the car is light and feels nimble. The weight they have removed off the front axle with the lighter engine is immediately noticeable. Feels good. Agree with Leo, its way better than my s3 and the rs3 8v I test drove both which felt front heavy, this rs3 doesn't feel front heavy at all

Brakes- Agree with Leo

Pano Roof - was concerned about the weight but i had it and liked it on the s3 as its great driving down motorway with it open instead of having the AC on. I think it sets off the car nicely. Just wish they'd colour the rear part of the roof too.

Assistance systems
- ACC is useful, had that on the S3, though they've changed the distance switch, odd as I coudnt see what was wrong with the previous one on my S3. Lane assist, lol. I used it once and forgot to turn it off, then one day I felt a weird gentle tug on the steering wheel and notice it was on, switched it off, doubt ill use it. At 1300 ish i don't think i would bother with the assistance systems. For me its an expensive ACC. One thing that baffles me, and this is typical Audi, on my s3 i had park assist plus which does the steering for you and guides you into a space; its cool but i used it once on the S3; i thought i had specced it as i thought it was called park assist on the rs3 but its not the same (park assist, is just parking sensors *** audi!!)

Other
Mat - its a mat! actually for Audi, its not stupid money for once at £65 (aftermarket ones of this quality will easily cost the same).

MMI/Audi Connect /Audi Apps /Embedded SIM
No onto my grumbles. MMI control is great but Audi have taken a backward step with the update since my 2014 S3. Sat Nav, WTF Audi, on the S3 it was easy to use, now its a nightmare! Maybe just getting used to it but its not great and i work in IT and Telecoms. Audi Android apps are terrible - nightmare to set and all 3 apps doing similar things; MMI Audi Connect, MyAudi, Audi UK. Why THREE apps Audi!?? Setting up Audi connect was a nightmare to setup. When i finally got it set up by restarting the data module i still couldnt see some of the options via the myaudi app and even a Chief Audi technician couldn't resolve it. I can connect fine via the MMI Audi connect app though. Audi needs to consolidate these apps and design them with a user workflow method rather than a techie method.

Overall
I haven't driven it over 4k revs so early days but its great to drive and far better than my S3, which was great, its just this is far better.

Last edited:
Reactions: Leo-RS
Finally managed to get onto the tracker and looks like the car is now being built this month! One question, I can't find Magnetic Ride on the spec list but can see "RS" Sports Suspension - is this the same thing or has the salesman forgotten to tick the box?

It annoys me that Audi can't spell "received" below

Audi Build by Alex L, on Flickr

Looks like we are build week buddies! Mines due to start on the 27th Nov as well. I can confirm that mine states “RS sports suspension” as well but going to the Json view shows “RS sport suspension with Audi Magnetic ride” I have the sport pack which includes it.

Looks like we are build week buddies! Mines due to start on the 27th Nov as well. I can confirm that mine states “RS sports suspension” as well but going to the Json view shows “RS sport suspension with Audi Magnetic ride” I have the sport pack which includes it.

Awesome, suspect you'll be more excited than me as the tracker progress as you'll be collecting your car sooner than March 1st?

That's encouraging, what's the Json view or was that a typo?

I think it will, but only while you’re at a standstill?

Awesome, suspect you'll be more excited than me as the tracker progress as you'll be collecting your car sooner than March 1st?

That's encouraging, what's the Json view or was that a typo?

Nope, picking up the car around the 1st march as well, holding out for the 18 plate, then it's straight off to a local detailer for various gtechniq coatings so a few more days before it's mine!

the JSON view is this https://www.audi.co.uk/myaudi-public-api/services/v1/orders/<your order number>
log into your my Audi tracker first, then navigate to that link. It holds a lot of information about your order, including all the option codes.

you can then take the text from the above page and paste it into this page, for a more readable view: https://jsonformatter.curiousconcept.com/

Great review, glad you’re getting on well with it.

Does the live tyre pressures show in VC?
90032EE9 EDCC 440D B1AA C957430505B4

Need to hunt around to see if i can change the readings to psi. I’m sure it will be an easy change somewhere.