Facelift UK RS3 Saloon/SB (400ps) Order Thread...

PFL owners, are you guys due an Audi software update or is there anything that’s being uploaded during recent servicings?

Reading quite a few of the TTRS guys that had the earlier cars are being updated with new software that’s making them pop and crackle much less. Is it coming to the PFL RS3’s too?

Nope, picking up the car around the 1st march as well, holding out for the 18 plate, then it's straight off to a local detailer for various gtechniq coatings so a few more days before it's mine!

the JSON view is this https://www.audi.co.uk/myaudi-public-api/services/v1/orders/<your order number>
log into your my Audi tracker first, then navigate to that link. It holds a lot of information about your order, including all the option codes.

you can then take the text from the above page and paste it into this page, for a more readable view: https://jsonformatter.curiousconcept.com/

Thanks, I'm copying that link (although editing to add my order number) and the browser says would I like to open or save the Json file

I use chrome and it just shows it in the page. But just save the json file, it’s just text so you can open it with notepad or whatever you prefer.

That is if you can’t just open it in the webpage.

PFL owners, are you guys due an Audi software update or is there anything that’s being uploaded during recent servicings?

Reading quite a few of the TTRS guys that had the earlier cars are being updated with new software that’s making them pop and crackle much less. Is it coming to the PFL RS3’s too?
Had mine serviced the other day and no software update as far as I know. I certainly wouldn't be happy if they removed the pops and crackles!

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Terminator x and Leo-RS

Bad rumour? We did have an update to fix an exhaust valve error in that some cars had valves open permanently. Mine is FASH at 36k miles and noise is unchanged all that time.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
As the Guys have said .... PFL owners having their noise levels unmolested by Audi & preserved for literally everyone to hear :)

:bluecar::dashsymbol::boom::dashsymbol::boom::speakerone::speakerone::sunglasses:

Reactions: Radman
Bad rumour? We did have an update to fix an exhaust valve error in that some cars had valves open permanently. Mine is FASH at 36k miles and noise is unchanged all that time.

TX.

D080F68F A8A8 45E1 90B7 82CEDADB87E6

I’ve read a few similar posts from other TTRS owners aswell recently.

Wow **** that, just don't have the update? Seriously if they did that to mine I would hand it back as the noise sold me the car.

TX.

Reactions: Radman and Snake Pliskin
Is it to do with this? No idea why its after first. TTRS before the update does seem more like the PFL RS3 than FL RS3.

That difference in that above video is unreal, sounds...well pretty pants after the update. Looks like il be going down the downpipe route myself at this rate

You can change modes with the view button while it’s running?

I will always drive mine with the Sport dials on, it looks great.

I’ve seen online somebody managed to get the G meter to the right of the dial, don’t know how. I really need to figure out the quirks but sometimes I found the g meter remembered a previous reading and other times it didn’t. I never understood the power and torque dials until I drove one, just a pretty cool thing to have in front of you.

Yes mate, You have the VC in sport with the dial central and the map (etc) on the left

Flick the left hand menu across using the steering wheel arrows until you get car menus, on mine it is the consumption on the current journey

Then click the left hand select button, next to the scroll wheel on the left hand side of the wheel) then you can scroll to additional options, and G meter is there, once selected it will replace the date or what ever on the right hand side in the sport display.

I have mine set to torque and power, really like it :)

Reactions: AudiNutta
I can change mine by pressing 'view' at any speed?

This is specifically changing from the classic view (rev counter on left, 0-200mph speedo on right) to the other displays also known as sport display.

When you try to alternate between the classic view and the Sports view, it doesn’t allow you whilst car is moving. Message comes up to say car must be stationary to change. The change then takes about 5secs to do.

No issues switching between screens whilst driving in mine this morning. However, it did come up with the car must be doing more than 16mph so don't think they're visible stationary? (That was on the smaller central screen engine off)

Right then, my FL will not let me switch between normal VC and Sport VC (single dial screen) whilst driving. If you go in to change layout it comes up with a message saying the car must be stationary with the ignition on.
I can switch modes but I can't switch layouts.
You guys sure you can switch to the single rev counter type layout whilst moving?
I can see why audi would not let you switch dashboard layout basics i.e Speedo etc whilst you're driving.....

This is specifically changing from the classic view (rev counter on left, 0-200mph speedo on right) to the other displays also known as sport display.

When you try to alternate between the classic view and the Sports view, it doesn’t allow you whilst car is moving. Message comes up to say car must be stationary to change. The change then takes about 5secs to do.

Something different in yours then mate, cause that is exactly what I do, it changes from speedo being central and map on the left, to map taking over and speed and revs being on the left/right, and I have done it multiple times when moving and varying speeds...

Something different in yours then mate, cause that is exactly what I do, it changes from speedo being central and map on the left, to map taking over and speed and revs being on the left/right, and I have done it multiple times when moving and varying speeds...

Think we are discussing two different things. I think you are doing all that within Sports display.

There’s a screen where you can turn off this sports display and revert to a classic type display. It takes about 5secs to switch over. If you done that whilst driving you would lose all function and displays for 5secs whilst it switched between modes. I’ll take a pic of it later so we are on the same page.

Think we are discussing two different things. I think you are doing all that within Sports display.

There’s a screen where you can turn off this sports display and revert to a classic type display. It takes about 5secs to switch over. If you done that whilst driving you wouldn’t lose alll function and displays for 5secs whilst it switched between modes. I’ll take a pic of it later so we are on the same page.

Yeah i think we are mate, I thought there was only 2 options... Would be appreciated :)

Classic display mirrors us plebs who have no virtual dash ;)

TX.

Reactions: Radman, T-800, teslaboy and 2 others
Classic display mirrors us plebs who have no virtual dash ;)

TX.

I have to say that if the VC was an option on the FL then i probably wouldn't have ticked it, however being that Audi upped the price!! and added it for 'free' it is pretty cool, very PlayStation esq.

I have to say that if the VC was an option on the FL then i probably wouldn't have ticked it, however being that Audi upped the price!! and added it for 'free' it is pretty cool, very PlayStation esq.
I had a test drive in one and yeah the dash was amazing. Like you not sure I'd spec it as an option though, proper old school me!

TX.

Reactions: T-800 and Leo-RS
F*#>ing love the sports layout with the huge central rev counter & mph readout .... so so cool :sunglasses:

Reactions: Terminator x, AudiNutta and T-800
Could this be a mica blue pup? @AudiNutta

7A66C7FF-EF44-41A2-B53D-79A43E186DEB.jpg

I think it is, oh my god.

Any more?!?!

Not sure if I’m happy about this now lmfao! Mine was going to be a first for me to see.

EDIT: Looks damn good though.....

Last edited:
Reactions: Radman and Snake Pliskin
There was a TTS in Mica racing blue in my dealer in July when I order my car.
Turns out that it is still there.

Back in July, I nearly changed my mind and ordered Mica. It's really is a great colour but a bit too showy for me.

Not long for you now. I'm looking forward to the inevitable pictures.

There was a TTS in Mica racing blue in my dealer in July when I order my car.
Turns out that it is still there.

Back in July, I nearly changed my mind and ordered Mica. It's really is a great colour but a bit too showy for me.

Not long for you now. I'm looking forward to the inevitable pictures.

It is very bright there, but in low light it is close to Navarra in the sun.

Oh there will be pictures ;)

Reactions: FBF01 and Terminator x
It is very bright there, but in low light it is close to Navarra in the sun.

Oh there will be pictures ;)

I think the forum will crash with the amount of photos you’re thinking of uploading :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Terminator x and FBF01
I think the forum will crash with the amount of photos you’re thinking of uploading :tearsofjoy:

Nope, I've learnt my lesson and Nutta has been silenced for unnecessary postings ;)

I figure one picture before prep and 3 after is about enough (front, rear and interior) ;)

Reactions: FBF01, D0C and Snake Pliskin
I think it is, oh my god.

Any more?!?!

Not sure if I’m happy about this now lmfao! Mine was going to be a first for me to see.

EDIT: Looks damn good though.....

Unfortunately it’s the only one I came across! Maybe it’s yours :yahoo: on the way to you!

It does look good tho...

Does look a lovely colour to be fair.