Just had me car remapped

totti_10

Reaction score
Hello all,

Hope you can help me.
I have just had my car remapped it's a 2006 A3 2.0 Tdi, 170 Bhp.

It was rolling roaded at standard and made 161.5 bhp and 270.2 ft lbs
After the remap it was rolling roaded and made 182.7 bhp and 315.2 ft lbs.

The bhp seems a lot lower than they claimed my car would make after the remap.

Does this indicate I have some sort of problem?

Thanks

Whom remapped it and did they perform a diagnostic check on your temperature sensors beforehand.

Hi, it was Celtic Tuning in Cornwall.
I'm not sure what they tested, but they said they would test the car to make sure it was in a suitable condition for the remap.

Well with it being the Celtic i hope your no a Hun . But hope all was done correctly

Reactions: voorhees
Have you spoken to Celtic to understand why the numbers are so far down on the claimed numbers? I believe they offer a 14 day money back guarantee.

I know it doesn't help but I've heard and read mixed reviews on Celtic but have no first hand experience.

Well Celtic Tuning's dyno is well known for over reading which makes this look like an engine issue .

CT are naughty because the dyno over reads before so the remap figures will be rich and false but they claim their remap performance difference from the manufacturers original bhp , so wrong and false .

My father's Hyundai 1.7 CR 136 bhp is 152 on CT dyno ( flywheel )

VAG 2.0 TDI CR..

Audi_A3_8P_20_TDI_CR_1968_cc_2008-2011_170_bhp_Stage_1:__227_bhp__311_lbftBOSCH_EDC17CP14C46.jpg

Is OP quoting wheel or engine flywheel power ?

Surely the 45 ft lbs increased torque is what you are after with it being a derv ?