Can I tell if my a4 has had the emmisions recall?

glenandem

Reaction score
As above I've only had the car a few weeks and just wondering if its had the dreaded emmisions update, I've got vids if that helps or can I go online and check Audi recalls?
Its going in for a remap next month anyway but feels very gutless at low revs untill the turbo kicks in higher up, just feel like it should have abit more torque lower down from a 163 2.0 tdi.
I've been running it on v power diesel since I bought it and I've fitted a pipercross panel filter too.
Mpg isn't fantastic too I'm just touching 30mpg around town and 40mpg on a long run to hull yesterday?

VCDS will tell you what software you have. Version 9977 and 9978 is emission software

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: glenandem
Well just done a check on audi's website and says the update is available so it mustn't have had it yet, gonna steer clear of that!
Have to hope the remap with egr dpf mod will help the drivability of it, feels ok up too but low down very gutless

Please post back with your findings after the remap ... I have the 170 TDi in a Quattro Avant and I know it's not had the recall done but it too feels very sluggish till you get to motorway speed where it's not too bad ..... my wife has an A3 Quattro with the same engine that HAS HAD THE RECAL and that fly's like I cant believe I appreaciate the A4 is appreciably heavier but it just feels like somethings holding it back....all is clear on VCDS so i'm thinking maybe a remap myself just to perk it up a bit low down

Reactions: glenandem