Can you tell if S-Tronic service has been done

Dave77

Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anyone know if you can find out from VCDS if a stronic service has been done (2013 3.0 TDI)

Nope, not possible. They only connect to the ECU via VCDS / VAG Computer during the service to monitor the gearbox temps. Well, they should also do a re-adaptation to tell the ECU there is fresh fluid which will be different viscosity (slightly thicker) than the old worn out fluid, but a lot of places don't do that part and leave the ECU to eventually figure it out over time, which it can do, but obviously not ideal.

Anyway, I digress. Bottom line is no, it cannot be done.

Contact an Audi main dealer. They should be able to tell you if it has been done at a main dealers, but usually it will be recorded in the service history. If you don't have that I am sure they would be happy to provide you with a copy, possibly at a price and give you a quote to get the service done if it hasn't been. I wouldn't skip on this either as I am sure you know how much the S-tronic box is to fix if it goes wrong.

....and give you a quote to get the service done if it hasn't been. I wouldn't skip on this either as I am sure you know how much the S-tronic box is to fix if it goes wrong.

Servicing of the S-Tronic on cars over 3 years old is fixed price at Audi for £225. Says on their website. +1 for not skipping on the servicing if it's not been done already.