What was your handover experience like?

Brandon Williams

Reaction score
Very excited to pick up my Black Edition in Mythos with lots of goodies up on Tuesday!
My dealer has a handover suite with the whole under the cover thing etc.
Did any of you get anything extra? I'm guessing it depends from dealer to dealer.

Yep it's a great experience with the handover, never had that with VW or SEAT but was a lovely touch when I picked up my current S3 saloon.

Was given a gift with the S3, an AudiSport Bluetooth speaker.

Was asked this time what I wanted with the S4 from a long list of goodies, opted for a practical umbrella : )

2 sleeps Brandon!!!!

I got a USB cable, that was it. No grand unveiling with a cover - though to be honest,I don't need drama... handover was fuss free and quick and über efficient ..

IMG 2584

My S3 at handover, I loved the drama and the build up, for a £40k+ car I was expecting a nice experience and couldn't fault it.

@Nham68, did you ask for a handover without the unveil or was it just standard at that particular dealer? No point having the frills if you don't want it and just give me the keys so I can enjoy my new car! Lol

View attachment 135816

My S3 at handover, I loved the drama and the build up, for a £40k+ car I was expecting a nice experience and couldn't fault it.

@Nham68, did you ask for a handover without the unveil or was it just standard at that particular dealer? No point having the frills if you don't want it and just give me the keys so I can enjoy my new car! Lol

Was just the way it came... car was as also a still not cleaned properly so they had make some last minute wipe downs.... for a 50k+ car I was thinking I might find an umbrella and few goodies... but alas no... I couldn't hang around to quibble as it was straight out of the dealership and off to a ,setting !

Reactions: Riko0073
My hand over was in the showroom under wraps with a name stand etc. Gift wise I got a bottle of Moët champagne and a Audi sport carbon fibre mug.
Just make sure you inspect the car to the last inch.

Never a positive experience, my first Audi was parked outside in the rain and getting poo'd on by seagulls. With the A4 again outside, at least it was sunny, despite requesting well in advance I wish to have the full hand over experience. Windscreen was filthy inside and swirls in the paintwork.

Reactions: NickGun
I'm collecting mine from Doncaster. I was told by my Sales Exec the whole handover is quite nice, with a cover etc etc. Not Sure if I get any goodies but I don't mind either way.

As I'm collecting mine from Doncaster there is a good chance it might have been stolen before I even get there. :tearsofjoy:

Has anyone ever given anything to their sales exec? Mine is really friendly and helpful so was thinking about maybe getting her some flowers? (It has nothing to do with her being rather fit) :tonguewink:

Reactions: Brandon Williams
Nothing fancy, car was out the back in the car park: I'd asked for the car not to be valeted / cleaned beyond removing the transport wraps for the PDI though as I didn't want them swirling the paint so I guess they didn't want it in the handover bay in case random customers thought that filthy and with wax writing on the windscreen was how they handed them all out. ;) Personally not a fan of a big fuss at that sort of thing anyway, would feel a bit of an idiot standing there while they pull a blanket off it to be honest.

Reactions: CharlieN, scotty76 and NickGun
Plus I guess that blanket gets tossed on the floor afterwards picking up all kinds of grit then gets reused. But the hand over room does make you feel a little 'special'.

Reactions: RichardMMM and NickGun
As per the last 2 comments above I'd much rather not have a "handover experience" with reveal from under a blanket, but can see why it appeals to others, aside from your house it's probably the largest, single purchase you might make.

Ours is a company lease sourced via a broker (who saved us around £100 per month in payments) ours came direct from JCT600 Audi to be unceremoniously delivered to us, which suited us just fine.

Horses for courses I guess.

I told my dealer (Audi Hitchin) not to wash my car because I would be taking it to a detailer for new car treatment. So I was actually quite annoyed when I arrived to find my car under a damn blanket! Whilst the salesman unveiled it, probably thinking how pleased his customer must be, I was just standing there thinking "if you scratch it...". Aside from that I just found the experience a bit annoying. I had squeezed the dealer hard for the best discount I could get and was prepared for zero niceties, freebies etc. I just wanted to collect the car without any fuss.

Fortunately my detailer found that the paintwork was in good condition and didn't need to correct anything, so maybe that dealer does clean the blanket each time?

Reactions: Brandon Williams
I'm collecting mine in 2 weeks. I ordered the car remotely and they had offered free delivery but I thought I'd make the trip up there to get the full hand over experience.

I've bought 4 Audis from Camberley Audi, same salesman each time. The first was in the handover room, uncovered, no 'extras'. The second was in the handover room under a silk (probably polyester) blanket and I got a bunch of flowers for my wife and an i-phone connecting cable as well. The third was in the showroom under a blanket, no extras, and the most recent was in the handover room under a blanket, again no extras. Each time the cars were well prepared with no swirls, so I'm very happy with the dealership. I don't see them mentioned here very often, which - given that most posts are complaining in nature - must be a good sign.

Reactions: scotty76 and cuke2u
I was asked if I wanted my car to be under the satin sheet etc for the handover, I politely declined and just asked them to make sure there's no scratches etc and got a free mug with it and the wife got a bottle of champagne and a bunch of flowers,

As others have said I'm not into the big fuss and would feel a bit of a knob posing for photos while they do the big reveal, the wife on the other hand is more excited to have all that when we pick up our next car! She can go get it herself

I was asked if I wanted my car to be under the satin sheet etc for the handover, I politely declined and just asked them to make sure there's no scratches etc and got a free mug with it and the wife got a bottle of champagne and a bunch of flowers,

As others have said I'm not into the big fuss and would feel a bit of a knob posing for photos while they do the big reveal, the wife on the other hand is more excited to have all that when we pick up our next car! She can go get it herself

I'm the same. As nice as the big sheet is, I would feel a bit of a d*ck head standing there while they reveal the car. I also hope I don't get anything as I'll feel a bit awkward with that too. Having said that, I do plan on getting a little something for my sales rep.

Mine was under a cover but no freebies etc as it was from carwow so goes through the fleet network. I'd rather have several thousand pounds discount on the list price than a free umbrella. ;)