What will be your next car and why? Your Audi Experience

Syed Shah

Cars are a mans best friend, then dogs..
Reaction score
Hey guys.

I just wanted to know about what your next car plan is and why? Was it Audi or just a temptation?

Would be interesting to hear what you guys make of your car and also whether you would go for it again.

I currently have the 1.4Tfsi S tronic S line and love it. However my dying urge to get a E46 M3 will make my next car purchase, although I am also considering the 2.0 petrol A4 as a side lease.

Reactions: Jcbmally
Having recently had to put up with a Mercedes C220 Estate for a couple weeks, I am fairly certain that I would not choose a Mercedes in a hurry.

The polish of Audi's tech - for all it's limitations is much better than Mercedes, that said I would be interested to see how the dust settles on the A8 style cockpit that more of the Audi's will eventually move toward with touch screen A/C controls. I don't think that's the best of moves.

I would love to go for another Audi when the lease on my current A4 is up, but the biggest unknown right now is the WLTP emissions, and how that's going to affect BIK rates. I was lucky to get mine when I did as the MY18 they upped the Co2 rating and pushed the engine into the next BIK tax rate. Once the dust settles on that, will see what happens. I have a feeling that with my budget I would probably end up with a VW?

An SUV (had a short time in a Q3) makes a more interesting proposition given the smoother ride, but I don't know I would travel far down that route.

Reactions: Syed Shah
Having recently had to put up with a Mercedes C220 Estate for a couple weeks, I am fairly certain that I would not choose a Mercedes in a hurry.

The polish of Audi's tech - for all it's limitations is much better than Mercedes, that said I would be interested to see how the dust settles on the A8 style cockpit that more of the Audi's will eventually move toward with touch screen A/C controls. I don't think that's the best of moves.

I would love to go for another Audi when the lease on my current A4 is up, but the biggest unknown right now is the WLTP emissions, and how that's going to affect BIK rates. I was lucky to get mine when I did as the MY18 they upped the Co2 rating and pushed the engine into the next BIK tax rate. Once the dust settles on that, will see what happens. I have a feeling that with my budget I would probably end up with a VW?

An SUV (had a short time in a Q3) makes a more interesting proposition given the smoother ride, but I don't know I would travel far down that route.

I think that would be a very similar route for myself. I say the 2.0L 150ps engine that the facelift model has but as you said, new WLTP emissions will probably push prices up. I wouldnt mind settling for a GTD lease for a few years to drive over the week.

I also agree with the merc comments. No matter how elegant they look on the outside, inside is a very different story. Their interior is severly lacking compared to Audis. Worst thing is, the premium/premium plus packs cost in between 3-5k and most options that you need to make the car look the part inside have to be part of either pack. Horribly expensive motors.

Audis new double screen stuff I was keen on however usability really is really a concern. I much prefer the swivel wheel approch and classic air con dials. But oh well, we must move on with the times..

Love my car but I never by the same one twice in a row. Probably the next gen C63 for me next as I've never had one or next M3/M4.

Reactions: Kakatk, NevMan and Syed Shah
Not sure it will be another Audi, I have had quite a few Audis but nowadays there is more choice out there when it comes down to "bang for your buck". Quality in various vehicle marques is improving immensely and Audi have always been behind on the levels of standard kit available.
Anyhoo I'll have the current S3 for a wee while and then I will be exploring other marques.

Probably a G31 5 series hopefully one with 6 cylinders

Always liked BMW and there are usally very good deals on the 5 compared to the 3 series

Reactions: And1 and Syed Shah
Probably a G31 5 series hopefully one with 6 cylinders

Always liked BMW and there are usally very good deals on the 5 compared to the 3 series

Before i went back to the ‘i want to get an e46 m3’ mindframe, i was very tempted by the prospect of 530d xdrive (g30).

I had a very good offer from drivethedeal. But i didnt go forth with it

Volvo for me. I’ve had Audi’s for over 20 years, my dad had them as company cars and it was natural that I bought them too. However I don’t like what the brand has become. Too many models. Everyman and his dog has one (yes I know it’s good business for them to make more models and sell more!) but having put the Mrs in a xc90 I love the new shape volvos. I’ll be after a v90 or v60 depending on lease rates in 18 months. I drive in a straight line up and down the motorway so I’m not overly concerned about the feel of the car but a T5 would be great for me. Volvo do look pretty stingy on kit though so they can become expensive. I still have my TT so I won’t leave the brand However I will take a look at a 5 series too and also keep an eye on the way the new interiors of the a8 and new a6 creep down to the a4 so never say never..... my current a4 is a lease and I have a lease alongside my other cars simply because I need something to get me to work. My other cars, apart from xc90, seem to be in the garage a lot

I’ll hopefully scratch my Porsche 911 itch as the super car I’ve grew up always wanting, probably a 997.

Few things will have to change but need to own one in the next years.

Had a little race around some lovely B roads at the weekend with a Carrara 4S and the S4 stuck to him like glue but that 911 sounded amazing along with those lovely lines and road presence....a usable future classic IMO.

Reactions: vinvinian, Jcbmally, Spaceman_RS3 and 1 other person
Rs6 c6 maybe a c7
M5 f10
Mercedes e63 w212 5.5
Something jdm r32 chaser maybe
the BMW and merc are great value now but the Audis values still staying strong compared to the competition I need to scratch that jdm bug it's back also need to replace the daily maybe a gtd the dailys got toooo many miles on

I’ll hopefully scratch my Porsche 911 itch as the super car I’ve grew up always wanting, probably a 997.

Had a little race around some lovely B roads at the weekend with a Carrara 4S and the S4 stuck to him like glue but that 911 sounded amazing along with those lovely lines and road presence....a usable future classic IMO.

Im hoping in 6-7 years i can get a depo down on a 911 991 targa gts. I really fancy them cars. Absolute masterpiece

Reactions: Riko0073
Volvo for me. I’ve had Audi’s for over 20 years, my dad had them as company cars and it was natural that I bought them too. However I don’t like what the brand has become. Too many models. Everyman and his dog has one (yes I know it’s good business for them to make more models and sell more!) but having put the Mrs in a xc90 I love the new shape volvos. I’ll be after a v90 or v60 depending on lease rates in 18 months. I drive in a straight line up and down the motorway so I’m not overly concerned about the feel of the car but a T5 would be great for me. Volvo do look pretty stingy on kit though so they can become expensive. I still have my TT so I won’t leave the brand However I will take a look at a 5 series too and also keep an eye on the way the new interiors of the a8 and new a6 creep down to the a4 so never say never..... my current a4 is a lease and I have a lease alongside my other cars simply because I need something to get me to work. My other cars, apart from xc90, seem to be in the garage a lot

The new volvos are undeniabley the best looking in every segment they enter. Love their design language but i do think they need to look at introducing a 6 pot to the bigger cars. It just suits them better (bit of snobbery from me imo)

Rs6 c6 maybe a c7
M5 f10
Mercedes e63 w212 5.5
Something jdm r32 chaser maybe
the BMW and merc are great value now but the Audis values still staying strong compared to the competition I need to scratch that jdm bug it's back also need to replace the daily maybe a gtd the dailys got toooo many miles on

Love my jdm motors. Interested in the new supra? Based on similar bmw z4 dynamics.. i cant wait!

Love my jdm motors
Me too, the red one was mine, I loved that car :weary:
Attachment 1

Reactions: RS4B5 and Syed Shah
I’d have another Audi but only once they’ve sorted out the appalling response of the gearbox and actually program the car so it doesn’t feel like the throttle and gearbox are connected by a rubber band.

Also whist the tech is good it needs to work every time not when it just feels like it, sometimes it just decides to go back to standard maps when it’s had google selected, drive select on the star button works most of the time but sometimes decides not to, Apple CarPlay works until it decides not to etc etc

Leave the car in dynamic, start it up it’s still in dynamic but the gearbox reverts to D not S, just why? So ****** infuriating.

It’s very irritating stuff that the likes of BMW have nailed so until Audi can sort this fundamental stuff then I’ll go elsewhere.

:(

Last edited:
Reactions: blackb9er and Syed Shah
B9 rs4 for me. Wife says no to a m3 as it’s is gash inside plus I love the rs4 looks etc. Merc meh just can’t get into them.

Reactions: NevMan, A12RNX, RS4B5 and 3 others
Heh interesting to see the JDM discussions! I was into that scene back in the day too! Had a Mitsubishi Colt, then Mitsubishi Mirage Cyborg import which was fun.
y4mLoYoEIULEwmCT_qcCNmonOps-i7bKTCHVff-r9W-Uv3YA7h90KlnCkSGg26L4z0JTcIHcuGw-Ly7D5NXAe6AbC5LXd3Z6pnp78SCG6CGbQvJoP2oNyxa5MXRjU_8Lt0VsC3vBwgvwpH6TQ6PQ8Yl3_fZNwNkr2Lfm6oMd_48kZBS_M9geTL0lrXAGzrj8X6zi5_gmjUzJu5VLydQHtvTeQ

My wife - who's car has still not seen the light of day (long story) - has a Mitsubishi Colt with 2.0L V6 MIVEC from FTO implanted, with twin turbo conversion, and a one-off wide-arch bodykit which was fitted by Ralliart Germany.
y4mqKLdqM1rfz8Hjm0wdfV1f3S21wuXlffbadLMkmT7SSn1VxnbUaAzgyIPbz-QzuVQtV2DWhlyvd_2ESlYRP6a5uFet-LK3-umT2jDsoLfEOoMXlU6__3NQ5Li1CsjXFcBHV8ogo4-7iu7Dy5yBGWb3MWAXL4Du49wXK6nqTN6pPlz9Lg_amv4RpJZnJ30JjBPLv2I0--53M2B2hXf9y9sYA

Unfortunately both family life and long commutes pushed all that to the side. Only with the Audi have I begun to start appreciating motoring for more than just commuting again!

Reactions: RS4B5, Spaceman_RS3, Syed Shah and 1 other person
Heh interesting to see the JDM discussions! I was into that scene back in the day too! Had a Mitsubishi Colt, then Mitsubishi Mirage Cyborg import which was fun.
y4mLoYoEIULEwmCT_qcCNmonOps-i7bKTCHVff-r9W-Uv3YA7h90KlnCkSGg26L4z0JTcIHcuGw-Ly7D5NXAe6AbC5LXd3Z6pnp78SCG6CGbQvJoP2oNyxa5MXRjU_8Lt0VsC3vBwgvwpH6TQ6PQ8Yl3_fZNwNkr2Lfm6oMd_48kZBS_M9geTL0lrXAGzrj8X6zi5_gmjUzJu5VLydQHtvTeQ

My wife - who's car has still not seen the light of day (long story) - has a Mitsubishi Colt with 2.0L V6 MIVEC from FTO implanted, with twin turbo conversion, and a one-off wide-arch bodykit which was fitted by Ralliart Germany.
y4mqKLdqM1rfz8Hjm0wdfV1f3S21wuXlffbadLMkmT7SSn1VxnbUaAzgyIPbz-QzuVQtV2DWhlyvd_2ESlYRP6a5uFet-LK3-umT2jDsoLfEOoMXlU6__3NQ5Li1CsjXFcBHV8ogo4-7iu7Dy5yBGWb3MWAXL4Du49wXK6nqTN6pPlz9Lg_amv4RpJZnJ30JjBPLv2I0--53M2B2hXf9y9sYA

Unfortunately both family life and long commutes pushed all that to the side. Only with the Audi have I begun to start appreciating motoring for more than just commuting again!

Thats mega man. It reminds me of the mega motors that were the toyota glanza turbos...

Reactions: RS4B5, maui and Spaceman_RS3
B9 rs4 for me. Wife says no to a m3 as it’s is gash inside plus I love the rs4 looks etc. Merc meh just can’t get into them.

New m3 out soon though... and if Bmws new interiors are to go by, many argue they are the best in market for quality

Reactions: RS4B5
I’d have another Audi but only once they’ve sorted out the appalling response of the gearbox and actually program the car so it doesn’t feel like the throttle and gearbox are connected by a rubber band.

Also whist the tech is good it needs to work every time not when it just feels like it, sometimes it just decides to go back to standard maps when it’s had google selected, drive select on the star button works most of the time but sometimes decides not to, Apple CarPlay works until it decides not to etc etc

Leave the car in dynamic, start it up it’s still in dynamic but the gearbox reverts to D not S, just why? So ****** infuriating.

It’s very irritating stuff that the likes of BMW have nailed so until Audi can sort this fundamental stuff then I’ll go elsewhere.

:(

I really do agree with you.

Audi have got too many of the basic things wrong with the car which just doesnt make sense... the star button especially i realised has a mind of its own. It really does pick and chose when it wants work

That colt is magic

Reactions: maui and Syed Shah
New m3 out soon though... and if Bmws new interiors are to go by, many argue they are the best in market for quality
We’ll see what it’s like when it comes a.m. still a year or so from changing. Be nice if it was 4wd as the rwd just becomes frustrating

Love my jdm motors. Interested in the new supra? Based on similar bmw z4 dynamics.. i cant wait!
The new one will never be better then the original 2jz is the king anyway the next project is 100% Jdm patrol with a rb swap

Reactions: Syed Shah, Jcbmally, maui and 1 other person
S4 b9
M5 f10 Lci
540i x drive G30
I want something faster haha

Problem with the bmw's is neither of them have Android auto which is kind of a deal breaker for me

Would love the Rs6 C7 but the cabin will feel dated coming from the S4.

Have thought about the new Rs4 but will hold on to see what tuning capabilities are of the S4 first.

Reactions: Syed Shah, vinvinian and Spaceman_RS3
S4 b9
M5 f10 Lci
540i x drive G30

Problem with the bmw's is neither of them have Android auto which is kind of a deal breaker for me
Consider a e63

I'm not a fan of mercedes In general. However the new E63 yes but by next year or I don't know if it will be by the 30-35k Mark

I suspect his commitment level / risk appetite was very low in this case...

Love the S4 . Would live Rs6 . But think after 20 years of Audi . I might be tempted to stray to f type or Porsche

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Syed Shah and Spaceman_RS3
Love the S4 . Would love Rs6 . But think after 20 years of Audi . I might be tempted to stray to f type or Porsche

I’d go f type or Aston / Maserati next but two little kids and a little dog mean I’d hardly ever use it

I'm not a fan of mercedes In general. However the new E63 yes but by next year or I don't know if it will be by the 30-35k Mark

You should be able to pick up a panamera in that price... they are naughty motors

Reactions: h1r4 and RS4B5
Would love the Rs6 C7 but the cabin will feel dated coming from the S4.

Have thought about the new Rs4 but will hold on to see what tuning capabilities are of the S4 first.

As bad as it sounds, I love the VC soo much that I actually googled up if retro fitting a digital dash into an e46 m3 was even a thing...

S4 b9
M5 f10 Lci
540i x drive G30

If i am correct bimmers always have a very large list of stuff that can be coded on.. might be worth checking if android auto is one of them

Reactions: h1r4
The new one will never be better then the original 2jz is the king anyway the next project is 100% Jdm patrol with a rb swap

The original 2jz is one for the history books. Built in the era of bullet proof toyotas and will most probably never be replicated. Im a tad annoyed at the fact that the original supra competed with the GTR with its rb, but by the sounds of the new one, it wont be... would have been nice for them to do something like that.

Oh and that patrol is a menace. I remember Hammond get whopped by a patrol in his 918 spyder on top gear

We’ll see what it’s like when it comes a.m. still a year or so from changing. Be nice if it was 4wd as the rwd just becomes frustrating

They did do that with the m5 and rumours suggest all ms will be x drive with the rwd switch like the new m5

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3
u
Not not the new one not even next year but a 5.5 maybe a v10 rs6 with a lot of change left or a m5 f10

The original 2jz is one for the history books. Built in the era of bullet proof toyotas and will most probably never be replicated. Im a tad annoyed at the fact that the original supra competed with the GTR with its rb, but by the sounds of the new one, it wont be... would have been nice for them to do something like that.

Oh and that patrol is a menace. I remember Hammond get whopped by a patrol in his 918 spyder on top gear
were not quite going to go that level but would love to do it ours is going to be a rb25det or a rb26dett that ones got a vr38dett from the new gtr

Reactions: h1r4