What will be your next car and why? Your Audi Experience

The issue I have with testers and the suspension setup is they will either be basing their opinions on previous and other models, plus they'll be driving european versions, not uk ones. Thus their recommendations for fitting the comfort suspension will be be based upon inaccuracies.

and yet even their objective measurements can be flawed. I've never understood why they often compare acceleration in certain gears to show one car performs better than another. It completely ignores power delivery differences i.e where peak output and torque occur and gear ratio differences. Once you have a car for a while then you know what gear you want at a given speed for your car or in an auto you just mash the pedal or flick the paddles.

Test drove a BMW M140i last week and wow, just thinking back to it makes me smile! Deals on them are pretty decent too so I think I’ll be pulling the trigger in the next few weeks

The A4 has been solid but it’s so boring to drive and the throttle response ruins the car. I’ll miss the lovely interior and quattro but I want something more engaging to drive and something that moves when I put my foot down on the accelerator

Trigger pulled. Got a dealer build slot so it's arriving next month, very excited!

PX value for mine is £18k which looks like it's the book value. Might stick it up on autotrader in a few weeks to see if I can get a private sale for a bit more

Reactions: Syed Shah and Jcbmally
Trigger pulled. Got a dealer build slot so it's arriving next month, very excited!

PX value for mine is £18k which looks like it's the book value. Might stick it up on autotrader in a few weeks to see if I can get a private sale for a bit more
Surprised you didn't go for the S3, £3000 dealer contribution and I also got £2500 off. I was like you mate, wanted something a bit more engaging and I tried the BMW but felt it was just a bit dated tbh so bagged an S3.
BMW is a great car to drive and if its the 6 cylinder one (they are changing to four pots), it will sound amazing.

I want something taller next time. I'm torn though, basically I want the interior of the new Q5 with the exterior of the new Tiguan....... That to me would be just :hubbahubba:

Reactions: Jcbmally
Surprised you didn't go for the S3, £3000 dealer contribution and I also got £2500 off. I was like you mate, wanted something a bit more engaging and I tried the BMW but felt it was just a bit dated tbh so bagged an S3.
BMW is a great car to drive and if its the 6 cylinder one (they are changing to four pots), it will sound amazing.
I've had two Audi's back to back so I needed something different, plus that straight six is special! A bit apprehensive about it being RWD but I'm sure i'll get used to it.

The interior is really dated but it's not that bad, plus I'll be too busy driving the car (and trying to not end up in a ditch) to care about how it looks on the inside

Sadly I don't think I'll be back in an Audi until they sort out their gearboxes, it really has ruined what is an otherwise decent car.

Reactions: Jcbmally
I've had two Audi's back to back so I needed something different, plus that straight six is special! A bit apprehensive about it being RWD but I'm sure i'll get used to it.

The interior is really dated but it's not that bad, plus I'll be too busy driving the car (and trying to not end up in a ditch) to care about how it looks on the inside.

I think that it might take some getting used to! A workmate had one and on a straight, dry, bit of road he tried to boot it past me in the S4 but couldn't get the power down at all, I could just see the car squirming in the mirror as I pulled away. Haha. I'm sure that it wouldn't be quite that cut and dry on a twisty road, but I think that I'll stick with my Quattro for overall useability! :)

Reactions: Simonwhite2000, Riko0073 and Spaceman_RS3
Speaking of RWD and a BMW straight 6, what are you guys view on the new Supra.. it’s essentially a B58 3.0L tweaked by Toyota.. car is based on the same carbon core used in the 7 series and is mated to the ZF8... sounds a lot better than the BMW equivalent engine from the few videos I have seen of it tbh..

Im loving the overall sound of the supra and cant wait for it to be revealed. Just over a month to go

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3
Definitely not an Audi with a ZF gearbox in it, most likely back to BMW again as they know how to set up a ZF gearbox

Reactions: Syed Shah and Simonwhite2000
I would of took the s3. Tried a 135 but went for a golf r back in 2014. Great engine great auto gearbox but struggled for other positives. They sound great when they go past but surprisingly muted from the driving seat. Get a BCS exhaust and a jb4 fitted ;-)

Reactions: Jcbmally and A4B9
I would of took the s3. Tried a 135 but went for a golf r back in 2014. Great engine great auto gearbox but struggled for other positives. They sound great when they go past but surprisingly muted from the driving seat. Get a BCS exhaust and a jb4 fitted ;-)
And a lsd and some suspension lol

The S3 would have had the same gearbox lag issue as the A4...

And judging by the configurator you can’t even order an S3

It's all just personal choice at the end of the day. Of your happy with the M140 that's all that matters

Well I’ve had my S4 for a year now, 4200miles and I’ve got a bad itch for a TTRS.. I can’t stop looking ..

Reactions: Syed Shah, Jcbmally and Riko0073
Well I’ve had my S4 for a year now, 4200miles and I’ve got a bad itch for a TTRS.. I can’t stop looking ..
I’m always looking and always will I’m sure regardless of what car I have!

I’ve got an itch for the RS3 now, one I should have scratched instead of getting the S3 a couple years back tbh.

That’s the petrol head in us I guess and I usually change my cars every couple of years but not sure I can afford to do it with the S4 until at least the 3 year point.

Lovely cars the TTRS.

I'm really going to try and make my next few cars count. Not a fan of electric cars but it seems like that's the way it's going to go albeit a lot slower than people realise. So need to get a few stonkers in before we are all in milk floats :)

Reactions: Riko0073

I cant say i blame you. TTRS is a genuine monster

Reactions: zippster