Sportback discounts

For me it’s simple supply & demand.

The Dealerships are franchise so they will want to sell the same number of cars if not more - to cover overheads & make profit.

The pre FL RS3 had a waiting time of 7 to 8 months for well over a year. I ordered 6 months after initial deliveries & my lead time was 7 months. The wait times currently are already way under that.

I can’t see them going up any time soon if sales are slumping & it would be madness to push prices up further - they will just over price the RS3 completely if they make it any dearer than it is & I think the £5k price hike over the pre FL effectively covers this in any case, as that was a huge increase.

Next year I think we will see both bigger discounts & run out special edition RS3’s such as a black edition & maybe items such as those elusive bucket seats introduced.
Which is when I'm going to make the jump, possibly

Yeah I agree, I also reckon the next RS3 will be around 2021. As much as I love my RS3, I doubt I could keep a car that long. I'll probably have to see if I can pick up a secondhand Veyron on the cheap in the meantime.

Joking aside, the RS3 is a difficult car to replace. At the same price point, what offers the same all weather pace, noise/drama and quality interior?
That's my issue when I come to change, if I do?

But we don't want to stay in the EU hence the vote to leave. Why would a government betray their own voters and what hope would democracy have going forward? It's 110% not going to be reversed, thinking otherwise is fanciful. The government regardless if the PM or the entire Westminster chamber for that matter want to stay in, they can't, they have their hands tied, the will of the people come first, no ifs, no buts, we must leave. Another referendum is a no go, what would happen if the vote was to remain next time? Best of 3?

As mentioned, Audi cars are not expensive in the UK, they're far more expensive in Europe and elsewhere so your argument is null and void with regards to buying Audi's pre/post Brexit. Try getting an RS3 into Dublin, Amsterdam or Oslo.

On another note, it is about this time of year Audi announces its inflationary price rises but haven't seen anything yet

Last edited:
Reactions: Beebee-one, DW81 and T-800
But we don't want to stay in the EU hence the vote to leave. Why would a government betray their own voters and what hope would democracy have going forward? It's 110% not going to be reversed, thinking otherwise is fanciful. The government regardless if the PM or the entire Westminster chamber for that matter want to stay in, they can't, they have their hands tied, the will of the people come first, no ifs, no buts, we must leave. Another referendum is a no go, what would happen if the vote was to remain next time? Best of 3?

As mentioned, Audi cars are not expensive in the UK, they're far more expensive in Europe and elsewhere so your argument is null and void with regards to buying Audi's pre/post Brexit. Try getting an RS3 into Dublin, Amsterdam or Oslo.

On another note, it is about this time of year Audi announces its inflationary price rises but haven't seen anything yet

Well said, leo Rs is this your alias mr farage :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: T-800

Sorry only 37% voted to leave the EU in an ADVISORY referendum. There is no point leaving the EU now whatever side of the fence you are on. Why pay £50Billion and have to accept EU rules. The whole thing will be reversed pretty soon thank goodness and the biggest Con of our lifetime over.
Best of 3 is fine by me so bring on Referendum no 3 we had no 2 in June 2016. Why do people want to pay more for their Audis. Bonkers.

Oh dear.

Haven’t seen next years rises yet, doesn’t look like Audi have released the figures yet.

I'm a supporter of Brexit but I have to agree if the £ gets trashed, that is bad for us guys importing our fancy German cars. Great if you're an exporter, mind.

If the currency does take a further knock, I might have to snap up an F-Type R!
If that did happen couldn't Audi just build them in the UK assuming enough demand is there?

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

If you take Scotland out of the equation, it was a landslide vote in favour of leaving. Regardless, it's democracy. Let's get the hell out of there.

I was about to go into a big rant but one thread was already closed down because of Brexit talk.

Back on topic, I think discounts will remain ok on Audi's and cars in general. £/€ is about 10% weaker than its 5yr average. Not horrendous. When Poland and Italy decide they're going to leave the EU too, and the € crashes, we'll be able to pick up RS3's for half the price... ;)

Reactions: Beebee-one and DW81
Sorry only 37% voted to leave the EU in an ADVISORY referendum. There is no point leaving the EU now whatever side of the fence you are on. Why pay £50Billion and have to accept EU rules. The whole thing will be reversed pretty soon thank goodness and the biggest Con of our lifetime over.
Best of 3 is fine by me so bring on Referendum no 3 we had no 2 in June 2016. Why do people want to pay more for their Audis. Bonkers.
You need to wake up and smell the roses mate brexit IS happening whether you voted in or out.

Reactions: Beebee-one
You need to wake up and smell the roses mate brexit IS happening whether you voted in or out.
It's rather pointless arguing on here. My point is that the possibility of Brexit happening is ruining the car market where we rely on good exchange rates no tariffs etc.

No one knows for sure if it will happen so let's not speculate but many including me can see no benefit leaving as net EU costs are £8bn a year and just think of the benefits of membership. 25% increase in the value of the £, cheaper Audis, employment and human rights and environmental protection. The ability to curtail EU migration, no wars etc etc... why pay £50bn to lose all this when the wider world is in such a mess. Happy to expand privately but I am just stating fact rather than fiction.

Those aren't facts, just opinion. 48% were always going to be gutted hence the "pain" of discussing it every single bleeding day ;)

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Beebee-one, DW81, Ed_rx7 and 1 other person
Jeeez...... I clicked on this thread hoping to find some info on some possible sportback discounts, and discovered that it has been hyjacked by someone trying to win support/sympathy for his persoanl anti-Brexit campaign ...... Again!

Getting back to the thread topic, I have driven a few of the FL cars at different Audi dealers around my local..ish area. Obviously they want you to buy a car but as no discounts are available I have just walked away. This was around 4 or 5 weeks ago. Earlier this week I had a phone call from one of the dealers who asked me if I would consider placing an order if there was some discount available. He would not say over the phone what the deal would be, but I am going to see the guy early January to see whats on offer. Maybe the tide is turning?

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3 and DW81
Jeeez...... I clicked on this thread hoping to find some info on some possible sportback discounts, and discovered that it has been hyjacked by someone trying to win support/sympathy for his persoanl anti-Brexit campaign ...... Again!

Getting back to the thread topic, I have driven a few of the FL cars at different Audi dealers around my local..ish area. Obviously they want you to buy a car but as no discounts are available I have just walked away. This was around 4 or 5 weeks ago. Earlier this week I had a phone call from one of the dealers who asked me if I would consider placing an order if there was some discount available. He would not say over the phone what the deal would be, but I am going to see the guy early January to see whats on offer. Maybe the tide is turning?

yeah i had a test drive too, lovely aren't they! wakefield audi rang me and asked if i wanted to place an order and i said yes but what discount were they prepared to offer, he said none at all so i told them i can get 3.3% just going to car wow without shopping around, with that i got a you do that then sir and put the phone down, so don't expect any from wakefield at all,

tbh though when i was looking at the s3 2 yrs ago you could get 5k off one of those and wakefield audi wouldn't offer a discount on those either

yeah i had a test drive too, lovely aren't they! wakefield audi rang me and asked if i wanted to place an order and i said yes but what discount were they prepared to offer, he said none at all so i told them i can get 3.3% just going to car wow without shopping around, with that i got a you do that then sir and put the phone down, so don't expect any from wakefield at all,

tbh though when i was looking at the s3 2 yrs ago you could get 5k off one of those and wakefield audi wouldn't offer a discount on those either
I'd be leaving Audi Wakefield well alone if that's the case. I was offered nearly 9% discount from my dealer who sold me my PFL RS3 a few months back. Discounts are most definitely available.

I'd be leaving Audi Wakefield well alone if that's the case. I was offered nearly 9% discount from my dealer who sold me my PFL RS3 a few months back. Discounts are most definitely available.

Which dealer did you use?
And yeah Wakefield audi just said they don't need to offer discounts on those models so thought fair enough won't be dealing with them then

Just sent you a PM with the contact details of the sales person at Preston Audi.

Although in the end I did not buy with Preston Audi as another dealer trumped the discount offered by them just an hour before I was about to conclude the deal with Preston with a £5275 discount (9.5%) that has since risen to £6220 (just over 11%) because I realised only afterwards like some others on this forum the dealer did not invoice me for the additional £400 tax that is levied on the upgraded alloys/tyres and since told me I won't have to worry about it. They also applied £545 discount for the 'sport pack' which wasn't available at the time I ordered.
What dealer did you got through to get the discount? I’ve been offered 5.4% is this good

What dealer did you got through to get the discount? I’ve been offered 5.4% is this good
As I have posted elsewhere Audi have significantly reduced available discounts recently. The value of the £ has fallen from €1.40 to circa €1.13 since Cameron announced the Brexit referendum. The car market has crashed significantly, added to this the Dieselgate issues and the General financial insecurity caused by Brexit and the current ineptitude and I can't see matters improving soon. Anything over 8% is good!

As I have posted elsewhere Audi have significantly reduced available discounts recently. The value of the £ has fallen from €1.40 to circa €1.13 since Cameron announced the Brexit referendum. The car market has crashed significantly, added to this the Dieselgate issues and the General financial insecurity caused by Brexit and the current ineptitude and I can't see matters improving soon. Anything over 8% is good!

:blahblah1::blahblah1::sob::sob:

Reactions: Evil Diesel and MartS300
It's rather pointless arguing on here. My point is that the possibility of Brexit happening is ruining the car market where we rely on good exchange rates no tariffs etc.

No one knows for sure if it will happen so let's not speculate but many including me can see no benefit leaving as net EU costs are £8bn a year and just think of the benefits of membership. 25% increase in the value of the £, cheaper Audis, employment and human rights and environmental protection. The ability to curtail EU migration, no wars etc etc... why pay £50bn to lose all this when the wider world is in such a mess. Happy to expand privately but I am just stating fact rather than fiction.

Agreed, i voted remain. As much i detest the EU, we should be in. For some I am sure it is a bit like being a works party where they don't really want to be there but need to suck to a few people they hate. hahaha.

Most immigration comes from outside Europe and the amount we pay to the EU for membership will be near enough the same i will bet when we leave.

Only the stupid (ouch, lol!) voted to leave; some of the reasons were dumb - immigration (most comes from outside EU), amount we have to pay (i will bet we will have to pay near that to have an agreement with the EU), jobs (EU workers do a lot of the jobs UK people wont do), strong trade (we don't produce/make as much as we used; most stuff is imported. we are also stronger as a collection of countries against the might of other big countries like the US and China

Lots I hate about the EU eg that arrogant muppet called Juncker, being ganged up on by Germany/France/etc , Euro army, lack of control, stupid rules (some good ones though), ridiculous amount spent and greed of the EU and its MEPs and the outrageous number of buildings!but still better to be in

Anyway, nothing we can do now. If we could vote again, i will bet it will be at least 60% remain

Last edited:
Reactions: RGBARGEE
I managed just over 10% discount in total with GAP, Lifeshine and 5 year warranty all part of the deal. I do know the Sales Mgr. though so that helped.

I did read somewhere that dealers only see around a 12% markup on the RS3... not sure how much truth there is in that though.

****** heck, did you sleep with him?

I got about 4% and gap at 75% off and i had to near saw off my left arm to get that...i guess my overall deal was about 5%....took 4 visits over 2 months....no one else would offer discounts near me unless i wanted travel 400+miles return for an extra 2% (so pointless; time is money)

PM Sent.

I don’t think Audi are too concerned about the UK sales dipping, they are focusing more in the ever-growing **** and American markets that are worth more to them and investing heavily in those areas. Nothing will be better in terms of discounts in six months, probably the opposite. Now is the time to strike! It’s no secret that the last quarter of the year is the dealers slowest time for sales and traditionally the period when they are more likely to offer a better deal if only to hit end of year targets which can sometimes be more important to them than actually turning a decent profit, as was the case with my dealer. We can easily work out that the demand for the FL RS3 is not what Audi had hoped for, if it was then no dealer would need to discount it so soon, especially when they have very limited allocation. With sales falling sharply this year and expected to continue throughout next year too, Audi will of course review sale targets they expect of dealers in 2018 and lower accordingly. This could mean dealers not under as much pressure to meet those targets and less reluctant to give discounts. Only weeks ago Worcester Audi were giving many people on this forum discounts of around 5% on the RS3 and now they are telling people they are no longer discounting the RS3/TTRS??

Also consider this, since the EU referendum in June last year, Ford & Vauxhall (like many other manufacturers) have been increasing prices on their entire range almost on a monthly basis and the CEO's of each blamed the devaluation of sterling as the reason. The best 3 selling cars in the UK (Fiesta, Corsa & Focus) have all increased in price by over 20% compared to what they would have cost you only June last year. Last time Audi increased their prices across the range (average 2%) due to exchange rate fluctuation was in 2010 and it was nowhere near as bad then as it is now. At current exchange rates, the base price of the RS3 is £4,000 more in Germany, they also do not get any of the below equipment as standard like us in the UK or anything else to make up for it, it's all optional ....

Heated front seats - €340
DAB radio - €300
Virtual cockpit - €310
Audi smartphone interface - €350
Connectivity package - €890
Audi connect 3 years subscription - €350
Audi sound system - €255
Auto dimming interior mirror - €255
Heated exterior mirrors - €125
Cruise control (just standard not adaptive) - €300
MMI navigation plus with MMI touch - €2490

That’s €6000/£5,000 of extras we get included. So if you factor that in too, it means the car is a massive £9,000 cheaper here in the UK than the country they are manufactured in! Why should this be so? They even pay slightly less VAT than us.

If no real progress is made between the UK and EU by end of March next year on Brexit, then it’s accepted by both the EU and UK government that we will likely leave the EU in March 2019 without a trade deal as six months will not be enough time to negotiate a deal and they need at least six months to ratify any agreements before we officially leave the EU. This is when the £ is likely to nosedive further and when Audi are likely to hike their prices, I expect by at least 3% as they will not be able to sustain current prices with a further weakening £. If this is the eventual outcome, then it will be bad news for those of us who want to buy an imported car from the EU from April 2019 as it will mean 10% tariff’s, pushing the base price of the RS3 to £50k+, but maybe good news for current owners who will see their cars residuals remain very strong.

Totally agree. If we think cars are expensive, in Holland and Norway the RS3 is about £90K base price plus options

Agreed, i voted remain. As much i detest the EU, we should be in. For some I am sure it is a bit like being a works party where they don't really want to be there but need to suck to a few people they hate. hahaha.

Most immigration comes from outside Europe and the amount we pay to the EU for membership will be near enough the same i will bet when we leave.

Only the stupid (ouch, lol!) voted to leave; some of the reasons were dumb - immigration (most comes from outside EU), amount we have to pay (i will bet we will have to pay near that to have an agreement with the EU), jobs (EU workers do a lot of the jobs UK people wont do), strong trade (we don't produce/make as much as we used; most stuff is imported. we are also stronger as a collection of countries against the might of other big countries like the US and China

Lots I hate about the EU eg that arrogant muppet called Juncker, being ganged up on by Germany/France/etc , Euro army, lack of control, stupid rules (some good ones though), ridiculous amount spent and greed of the EU and its MEPs and the outrageous number of buildings!but still better to be in

Anyway, nothing we can do now. If we could vote again, i will bet it will be at least 60% remain
I rather doubt it.

Reactions: RGBARGEE

We can do a lot still. Public opinion must sway the nasty party PDQ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

******** to that old boy. How many tines do you propose to ask the same question?

Reactions: DW81
Do you want an Audi or a BMW?

You do not ask simple questions of simple people without more detail.

I will ask again . Do you want an Audi A1 TDI or a BMW M4 ? It's really that simple.

:busted cop::busted cop::busted cop:

keep it a car forum please guys

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3, Callump01, Bristle Hound and 3 others
****** heck, did you sleep with him?

I got about 4% and gap at 75% off and i had to near saw off my left arm to get that...i guess my overall deal was about 5%....took 4 visits over 2 months....no one else would offer discounts near me unless i wanted travel 400+miles return for an extra 2% (so pointless; time is money)

Gap from the dealer is usually very expensive as it Lifeshine. Both can be done far cheaper (if not free!!) so I would not include them in any savings calculation. I have only had Gap on RS (2 years) and normal insurance usually covers year one. Paid £150 for years 2/3 and getting a credit of nearly £80 towards a new 3 year Gap (£210-80 = £130). Dealers used to charge £5-600.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone else been offered good discount on a RS3 sportback? After my test drive lined up for next month, I can see me wanting to sign up!

Anyone else been offered good discount on a RS3 sportback? After my test drive lined up for next month, I can see me wanting to sign up!

There is another thread in this section, I think announcing somebody had ordered and I’m sure he got something silly like 11% but god knows how!

I’d hurry if I were you, won’t be long and production will be stopping... couple of months tops maybe? I’d get in one this month....

You will fall for it! Just took my brother for a spin on the quieter roads at this time of night, select roads with fencing either side.. recipe for us both laughing our heads off.

Reactions: SPIKE_
There are discounts out there, I got 10.2% on an order I made last week. It was a “stock car” but not actually built yet, due to be built next week. I guess it may have been a cancelled order or one they were going to put in a showroom? I wouldn’t have got the same discount on a factory order I don’t think.

There is another thread in this section, I think announcing somebody had ordered and I’m sure he got something silly like 11% but god knows how!

I’d hurry if I were you, won’t be long and production will be stopping... couple of months tops maybe? I’d get in one this month....

You will fall for it! Just took my brother for a spin on the quieter roads at this time of night, select roads with fencing either side.. recipe for us both laughing our heads off.
Wow, 11% is amazing! I have applied via Carwow and waiting until tomorrow now to get all the quotes back. I know the noise alone will seal the deal, but it will need to be a decent level of discount due to the options I would need. Thanks

There are discounts out there, I got 10.2% on an order I made last week. It was a “stock car” but not actually built yet, due to be built next week. I guess it may have been a cancelled order or one they were going to put in a showroom? I wouldn’t have got the same discount on a factory order I don’t think.
Thanks for that - I'd be over the moon with 10%......between 8-10% is what I'm seriously hoping for!

I had an email from Bolton Audi yesterday offering an RS3 on PCP

Standard spec £44725 list
£3120 centre contribution
APR 6.2%

That’s for starters and without getting the sales manager in a headlock so with tactful pressure applied who knows how much more is achievable

PM your email if you want me to forward

I got a 3% offer through Carwow which my local dealer matched. I ordered in July 2017 so things may have changed.

I had an email from Bolton Audi yesterday offering an RS3 on PCP

Standard spec £44725 list
£3120 centre contribution
APR 6.2%

That’s for starters and without getting the sales manager in a headlock so with tactful pressure applied who knows how much more is achievable

PM your email if you want me to forward
Hopefully I can get my local to go me a good deal......i've bought enough Audi's from them to justify getting one! Thanks for the offer

I got a 3% offer through Carwow which my local dealer matched. I ordered in July 2017 so things may have changed.
I've had two offers back already from Carwow, and one was 5% discount. Look forward to the rest coming through.