New S3 Ordered and in Paint Shop :)

RobF

2018 S3 Saloon
Reaction score
Ordered new 2018 S3 Saloon in January to replace my 2015 one, just checked myaudi and it is in the paint shop so not long now!

Has anyone had a both versions of the saloon and if so what are the differences? This time I have gone for auto with the tech pack and virtual cockpit so I will have some very visual changes but wondered if the ride, handling and the extra 10Ps are much different in day to day use.

Old one
IMG 0218

New one
IMG 4139

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Tom.H
Did you have mag ride on the 2016? That, if you ordered it, is a big difference.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
**** me you've gone all grey Aaaaaaaa.....again............lol,the only difference is the 7 speed gearbox is far more responsive,slightly more torque in the engine.....but the rest is all just superficial changes...like the VC, front and rear bumpers

Reactions: Audi Bairn
And l am going to put my cards on the table and say the Pre Face lift Saloon has a far more aggressive front bumper than the new car,pre face lift front air intakes are almost identical to the new RS3's in design,the only thing the facelift car has is the sleeker new led lamps,front and rear......

Reactions: 4K
**** me you've gone all grey Aaaaaaaa.....again............lol,the only difference is the 7 speed gearbox is far more responsive,slightly more torque in the engine.....but the rest is all just superficial changes...like the VC, front and rear bumpers
and those cheeky pops :racer:

And l am going to put my cards on the table and say the Pre Face lift Saloon has a far more aggressive front bumper than the new car,pre face lift front air intakes are almost identical to the new RS3's in design,the only thing the facelift car has is the sleeker new led lamps,front and rear......
i think my favourite thing the FL has over the PFL, besides the front/rear lights, is the rear diffuser, much more definition to it now.

Reactions: RobF, Audi Bairn and Jassyo06

i think my favourite thing the FL has over the PFL, besides the front/rear lights, is the rear diffuser, much more definition to it now.

Aye if yer lying under it......lol difference is of severe Anorak material

Things that are better on the Pre Face lift car are.
1.lt felt better built ie steering wheel,column stalks....less rattles........yeah my car has a good few but l dont post a thread on em
2.Pano-Roof tilted open with holding down the key fob open button. face lift nope
3 The Front DRLs matched exactly the same colour tempreture as the headlamps,Face lift cars have a off white colour....4700k,leds are 5500k bit of a difference in colour tempreture,rear camera only shows up in a smaller screen of the mmi.
4.Face lift car has more road noise

I get into drive my mums new A1....and its ****** solid, everything concerning the interior build quality is up a league from my car, it feels and looks like it will even out last me....lol cant say the same with my new car,its cost cutting no doubt about it

That's the thing I like least. I think the rear diffuser looks much worse, and cheap looking. Also the rear bumper now has those stupid bicycle reflectors in, which PFL doesn't. I agree on the new lights though, they are very nice. The new VW one's are equally as nice though.

Oh lol, just realised you're the roof rails enthusiast. :tearsofjoy: