New S3 owner

8obMor

Reaction score
Well I am now a proud owner of an S3, wanted one for years and finally took the plunge, came from a Astra VXR which has nothing over the s3.

Just a quick question. I have always serviced my own vehicles, but I am a bit reluctant with the Audi and fell it may lose some value come sale time.

What are your thoughts ?

Bob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Sandra
7f8a81339ac93906e9f5486208fd10f9.jpg

Reactions: DeeGee68, Flying Scotsman, JonnyS3 and 4 others
Welcome to audi-sport.net. Lovely car. Hope you enjoy it. Enjoy the forum. :)

Is it in new/in warranty? If so needs to be serviced by dealer or independant using genuine parts?

Is it in new/in warranty? If so needs to be serviced by dealer or independant using genuine parts?

It’s a used Audi approved car, has a one year warranty with it.

Welcome to audi-sport.net. Lovely car. Hope you enjoy it. Enjoy the forum. :)

Thanks, loving the car so far, just need to keep think of places to go

Reactions: Sandra

Nice day trip up to Loch Lomond or even Skye. Beautiful this time of the year, we have lots of great roads in Scotland. :)

Reactions: davc, DrMal, Flying Scotsman and 1 other person
Nice day trip up to Loch Lomond or even Skye. Beautiful this time of the year, we have lots of great roads in Scotland. :)

Yes it is. Today is going to be spent giving the car a good detail, as I have managed to swindle the day off work

Yes it is. Today is going to be spent giving the car a good detail, as I have managed to swindle the day off work

We will require more pics when you done, lol. :)

Reactions: Audi Bairn
If it is under warranty then I would stick with Audi, once the warranty is over I would go with your preferred mechanic

I have a preferred mechanic who has worked on all my cars outside of warranty and never had an issue with selling them on with his stamp.

If it is under warranty then I would stick with Audi, once the warranty is over I would go with your preferred mechanic

I have a preferred mechanic who has worked on all my cars outside of warranty and never had an issue with selling them on with his stamp.

Perfect mate. I have a local indi that has always worked on my car so will use him after the warranty period and I will source the genuine parts.

I have VCDS so no issues there. Thanks though

Do you want added to our vcds map to help others? If so send me a pm with your postcode and add you on.

Reactions: 8obMor
Do you want added to our vcds map to help others? If so send me a pm with your postcode and add you on.

I have the new 3 vin version unfortunately

Depending on where you're located, there's plenty of areas to explore, but you probably know that already.

Reactions: DrMal and Sandra
Great looking car. And another Scottish member.

I only picked mine up at the start of the month - had a few great drives to St. Andrews and up to Loch lomand.

Reactions: DrMal, Audi Bairn and Sandra

I only picked mine up at the start of the month - had a few great drives to St. Andrews and up to Loch lomand.

We live in a good location for a good drive. Thinking about fort William this weekend

Reactions: Audi Bairn, JonnyS3 and Sandra
What route to Fort William...coast or Glencoe , presuming your starting in the South, or?

Reactions: DrMal
While this thread has a Scottish theme - anyone on here know someone who can do some VCDS coding ? Edinburgh / Glasgow / Fife etc?

Thanks

Not sure how many of us there are on here in the Edinburgh area. I see a lot around the city but not many comments on here.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Dunedin
What route to Fort William...coast or Glencoe , presuming your starting in the South, or?

I start in the south, and take a run up through Glencoe, always good for a few photos of the weather is nice.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and DrMal
I see in your signature you used Mint Car care - what was your verdict on them ?

Thanks
I can thoroughly recommend them. Kenny is a really nice guy and knows his stuff. I'm in a rush now to get to work, but I'll try to repost the link later to the YouTube video he took when he detailed our car.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
I see in your signature you used Mint Car care - what was your verdict on them ?

Thanks

Me and @DrMal have discussed before as he's used them and it's a colleagues mate who runs it. They seem to be getting a good name. Still not been over myself though.