Next model A3

I spec’d it as standard plus paint and High Beam Assist and stated 5k miles even though I’ll do between 8 & 10k (who ever pays the 6ppm surcharge anyway..?). I’ve been quoted the following which I’m led to believe from the dealer is a one time only deal valid till the end of January:

Standard On The Road Price - £37,200.00
Discount - £2302.33
Your On The Road Price - £34,897.67
Cash Deposit - £3,000.00
Finance Deposit Contribution - £3,500.00
Total Deposit - £6,500.00
Amount Financed - £28,397.67
Final Payment - £16,720
Monthly Repayment - £353.24

I know Audi prices have gone up a lot lately. Good deal or merely average?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It’s not bad. Surprised the finance contribution is that high on the s3/a3. Mine is just under £400 per month with £1500 deposit. S3 ara blue BE with tech pack and roof rails. 8k per year. Think mine is 9p per mile over plus vat. I’m gonna be doing about 6k a year so thought I go with more than less.
Have you tried a quote with tech pack or BE(get b&o)?
The higher residuals with these packs won’t change the monthlies hugely. Not sure if the residuals are down as new a3 on the horizon.

It’s not bad. Surprised the finance contribution is that high on the s3/a3. Mine is just under £400 per month with £1500 deposit. S3 ara blue BE with tech pack and roof rails. 8k per year. Think mine is 9p per mile over plus vat. I’m gonna be doing about 6k a year so thought I go with more than less.
The higher residuals with these packs won’t change the monthlies hugely. Not sure if the residuals are down as new a3 on the horizon.

Good point, I forgot adding stuff can actually make it cheaper. Made that mistake on the A3 skimping with the 3dr over the 5, only to have it bite me on the residuals. I am however £1000 in pocket if I sell to WBAC or maybe even more with a private sale. Suffice to say Audi trade in price is much less.

Good point, I forgot adding stuff can actually make it cheaper. Made that mistake on the A3 skimping with the 3dr over the 5, only to have it bite me on the residuals. I am however £1000 in pocket if I sell to WBAC or maybe even more with a private sale. Suffice to say Audi trade in price is much less.

Best to add designated pack like tech pack, BE, comfort etc.
Got bitten before as well as I just started ticking boxes and it made no difference to residuals. Even tech pack adds little to the residuals. Best ones are meant to be safety stuff and cosmetics like BE.

I spec’d it as standard plus paint and High Beam Assist and stated 5k miles even though I’ll do between 8 & 10k (who ever pays the 6ppm surcharge anyway..?). I’ve been quoted the following which I’m led to believe from the dealer is a one time only deal valid till the end of January:

Standard On The Road Price - £37,200.00
Discount - £2302.33
Your On The Road Price - £34,897.67
Cash Deposit - £3,000.00
Finance Deposit Contribution - £3,500.00
Total Deposit - £6,500.00
Amount Financed - £28,397.67
Final Payment - £16,720
Monthly Repayment - £353.24

I know Audi prices have gone up a lot lately. Good deal or merely average?

Was quite disappointed hearing that you only specced it standard + HBA, but I didn't realise how much was standard on the S3! The standards of the S3 (minus the engine and related obviously) would probably cost an extra £5k alone on the A3. Looks like a really good build :)

I am however £1000 in pocket if I sell to WBAC or maybe even more with a private sale. Suffice to say Audi trade in price is much less.

Audi are offering less than WBAC as a trade in?

That is shocking. Are they not interested in selling your car and making a hefty profit on it?

That deal is pretty awesome, how have you managed that?

That deal is pretty awesome, how have you managed that?

I’m good at negotiating. :wink:
Timing is everything as well. If they are trying to meet targets then you can normally negotiate a good deal. End of month/quarters/years. Other thing is they were trying to get rid of all the pre wltp cars before September so kinda worked in my favour.

Reactions: Jcbmally
Ok I’ve decided. I’m going to go with... the S3.

Reasons being, there’s not much between the finance deals and running costs. Although the GTI has way more tech, I can’t help feeling I’d always regret not going with the S3. But if I get the S3, I know I won’t even think about the GTI again.

So, given I’m maxed out on what I’m prepared to spend I have very little left for any options so I’m going with Daytona paint and High Beam Assist (which I love on the A3) and that’s it. Would like B&O but I’m not really an Audiophile so the Audi Sound System will suffice. Would like folding door mirrors but it’s a narrower car than the GTI (which has them as standard - of course) so I can live without. Would like reversing camera but again can do without. It has the sensors so that’ll have to do.

I think over my 65 plate A3, (apart from 160ps), I’m gaining full leather heated seats, LED interior light pack, Audi Sound, Audi Beam, Apple Car Play, SatNav and Dynamic Sweep indicators so it’s a definite jump in spec too.

Now I need to go and lie in a dark room and ponder what it’s all going to do to my bank balance.

If you can stretch a bit more, spec the SS seats. On the S3 they should be standard anyway, which is a shame.

@Muttley75

that does look a great deal :icon thumright:

Is the virtual cockpit included in the price too ?

If you can stretch a bit more, spec the SS seats. On the S3 they should be standard anyway, which is a shame.

Agreed ... the super sports seats are very nice but isn't that where the problems lie: So many nice extras on these cars and it is where to draw the line.

Agreed ... the super sports seats are very nice but isn't that where the problems lie: So many nice extras on these cars and it is where to draw the line.

Exactly that. As mentioned before a 22k A1 can soon reach 30k once you’ve ticked the stuff you actually want.

I’m currently haggling hard with VW to make the GTI more competitive to see where that leads me as both deals are a bit more than I’d want to pay to be fair.

Exactly that. As mentioned before a 22k A1 can soon reach 30k once you’ve ticked the stuff you actually want.

I’m currently haggling hard with VW to make the GTI more competitive to see where that leads me as both deals are a bit more than I’d want to pay to be fair.

I can only assume that there is no VW contribution on the Golf - which is why there is very little between that and the S3 as the S3 is a lot more money.
Like for like - it should be the Golf R for S3 money - or is the Golf R not available to order currently ?

I can only assume that there is no VW contribution on the Golf - which is why there is very little between that and the S3 as the S3 is a lot more money.
Like for like - it should be the Golf R for S3 money.

£1500 on the GTI with a GFV of around £12,700 (after 48 months).

£3500 on the S3 with a GFV of £16,720 (after 48 months). It was £3k but Audi have a marketing push at the moment so are currently throwing in another £500.

Haven’t even looked at the Golf R. I just don’t like it’s styling. The GTI looks much better inside and out to me.

£1500 on the GTI with a GFV of around £12,700 (after 48 months).

£3500 on the S3 with a GFV of £16,720 (after 48 months). It was £3k but Audi have a marketing push at the moment so are currently throwing in another £500.

Haven’t even looked at the Golf R. I just don’t like it’s styling. The GTI looks much better inside and out to me.

I just think if the prices are that close (after all discounts etc) then it has to be the S3.
As good as the Golf GTi is, the S3 is the better car for sure.
I would want to see a meaningful saving if I went for the GTi.
It sounds like Audi do have a real push on at the minute to sell cars.

I just think if the prices are that close (after all discounts etc) then it has to be the S3.
As good as the Golf GTi is, the S3 is the better car for sure.
I would want to see a meaningful saving if I went for the GTi.
It sounds like Audi do have a real push on at the minute to sell cars.

Given Audi seam to be the worst offenders from WLTP, I'm not surprised they're pushing good deals. Wonder how many people either cancelled orders due to no production date, or simply went elsewhere when wanting to order?

I only realised that a facelift version of the TT was out last night.
Had a look on the audi configurator and horrorfied at the prices.
Just with comfort pack and tech pack added and with free ibis paint the price came out at £40k.
That is a 2.0 litre front wheel drive S Line with 245 bhp.
I'm also not keen on the tweaks they have made to the styling with added creases and fake vents front & rear (for the sake of change IMO).
That makes me definitely think that the next platform S3 will easily be over £40k with just a modest spec.

I only realised that a facelift version of the TT was out last night.
Had a look on the audi configurator and horrorfied at the prices.
Just with comfort pack and tech pack added and with free ibis paint the price came out at £40k.
That is a 2.0 litre front wheel drive S Line with 245 bhp.
I'm also not keen on the tweaks they have made to the styling with added creases and fake vents front & rear (for the sake of change IMO).
That makes me definitely think that the next platform S3 will easily be over £40k with just a modest spec.

Yep that’s partly why I’m changing now before my pcp expires in September. It’ll get worse if the exchange rate tanks post Brexit end of March.

Reactions: KenL and Jcbmally
Yep that’s partly why I’m changing now before my pcp expires in September. It’ll get worse if the exchange rate tanks post Brexit end of March.

Yeah you are definitely right to act now.
Those prices are crazy and make the deal you have been offered for an S3 even more attractive imo :icon thumright:

Not sure if this has been posted before, but some interesting points and a spy shot of the interior / angular dash !

https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/spy-shots/audi/new-2018-audi-a3-and-s3-spy-photos-specs-prices/

2019 audi s3 03

Reactions: Jassyo06
Not sure if this has been posted before, but some interesting points and a spy shot of the interior / angular dash !

https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/spy-shots/audi/new-2018-audi-a3-and-s3-spy-photos-specs-prices/

View attachment 173180

Interesting..... What's even more interesting is that similar types of photos were published for the Q3 in October 2017 and it hit showrooms around a year later. if the time frame is similar then it might be a year before we see the A3.

Hmm...first time I've seen the interior...I say first time it looks like the A1!...my initial reaction was what a mess...but on closer inspection ...no still a mess lol

Upload 2019 1 10 10 59 46

Upload 2019 1 10 10 57 36

Hmm...first time I've seen the interior...I say first time it looks like the A1!...my initial reaction was what a mess...but on closer inspection ...no still a mess lol

View attachment 173182

View attachment 173181

I'm afraid I have to agree.
It looks a mish mash of angles / screens / vents .... it is just too busy for a "audi look" that most of us like and are drawn too.
Audi may be dropping the ball and losing a lot of us as customers if these interiors are not to our liking.

I need to change motors this October....I have to confess I'm not impressed with anything I have seen - so far, in reality who knows......BUT on a 30k company car budget (with co2 restrictions) it still looks favourable to anything else out there....yes even with the retro interior!

View attachment 173182

View attachment 173181

Looks like a vag parts bin. The middle screen is straight from a golf and climate control looks like the a3 8v one.
The interior is less Audi-like and more VW-seat like. And what da hell is going on with those vents. Current a1 has similar style vents like the a3. They look simple and elegant. That looks like a design student has decided to slap vents anywhere they had space for one and that huge one on the passenger side is not necessary. They gonna use it to blow dry their hair?:wink:

Reactions: KenL
I was in my Audi dealer this morning and they had a new Q3 in the showroom, and I wasn’t impressed with the interior layout, especially the touchscreen......just hope this design doesn’t get carried over to the new A3!

Also, I didn’t much like the exterior, as far to many ‘styling’ features, especially at the front......IMHO, I think Audi has lost the plot with their designs!! :puke2:

Reactions: Jassyo06
Looks like a vag parts bin. The middle screen is straight from a golf and climate control looks like the a3 8v one.

I would expect the new A3 to have the same climate control system. The new A1 system is straight out of the A3, as is the Q2, even the brand new Q3 has them.

climate control looks like the a3 8v one.

I would expect the new A3 to have the same climate control system. The new A1 system is straight out of the A3, as is the Q2, even the brand new Q3 has them.

A lot of us have commented on the touchscreens and not liking them - myself included.
Not only are they fingerprint magnets, they are fiddly to use when you are driving - buttons and dials are much better and counter intuitive.

I really don't know who is designing these angular dashboards and multitude of vents either ... who in Audi is designing them & thinks they look and who in Audi is signing them off also thinking they look good ???? :blink:

Reactions: TYb and oli356
Personally I much prefer a touch screen to the current MMI combination of a dial and switches. If it's like the Q3 then it will high up in dash board and easy to use. My wife has a Polo with a touch screen and both of us prefer it to the current Audi setup. If the new A3 is similar to the latest Q3 then I will almost certainly buy another A3 when the time comes to change - providing they make a model I like!.
I suspect the new A3 will be released at the Frankfurt Motor Show in September with UK models available in early 2020.

However all this technology is being looked at and I know of one manufacturer who has already disabled the touchscreens of one of their models whilst the car is on the move. There is no doubt these screens are a distraction much like mobile phones and if manufacturers do not follow suit with this one manufacture then they will be legislated against.

However all this technology is being looked at and I know of one manufacturer who has already disabled the touchscreens of one of their models whilst the car is on the move. There is no doubt these screens are a distraction much like mobile phones and if manufacturers do not follow suit with this one manufacture then they will be legislated against.
Touchscreens have been a thing for years. Highly doubt this will happen, especially when on some cars climate controls are being built into them.

I think there's a general stigma around touch screens because older cars with them were real crappy. Sure they might get some oil on them but you'll easily be able to wipe them off - won't be any different to a phone. I expect them to be quality built and not to feel cheap, so I don't mind the change to touchscreen.

Lot of the younger generation have grown up on smart phones, which I assume the majority of you haven't. These cars will definitely be marketed for us - most people buy used cars which will be good timing.

I know many people think that having to take your eyes off to look where you're touching will be an issue, but I doubt that. The buttons on the screen look rather big, it will just take some time getting used to. Won't be much different to learning where everything is on the screen in the current gen - only this time you'll be able to touch the specific space instead of messing around with the MMI spinner. Might be easier to use when driving due to this.

Touchscreens have been a thing for years. Highly doubt this will happen, especially when on some cars climate controls are being built into them.

I think there's a general stigma around touch screens because older cars with them were real crappy. Sure they might get some oil on them but you'll easily be able to wipe them off - won't be any different to a phone. I expect them to be quality built and not to feel cheap, so I don't mind the change to touchscreen.

Lot of the younger generation have grown up on smart phones, which I assume the majority of you haven't. These cars will definitely be marketed for us - most people buy used cars which will be good timing.

I know many people think that having to take your eyes off to look where you're touching will be an issue, but I doubt that. The buttons on the screen look rather big, it will just take some time getting used to. Won't be much different to learning where everything is on the screen in the current gen - only this time you'll be able to touch the specific space instead of messing around with the MMI spinner. Might be easier to use when driving due to this.
Or just use voice commands. My mates new A6 heating can be controlled that way (so he says).

Reactions: Kondax
Personally I much prefer a touch screen to the current MMI combination of a dial and switches. If it's like the Q3 then it will high up in dash board and easy to use. My wife has a Polo with a touch screen and both of us prefer it to the current Audi setup. If the new A3 is similar to the latest Q3 then I will almost certainly buy another A3 when the time comes to change - providing they make a model I like!.
I suspect the new A3 will be released at the Frankfurt Motor Show in September with UK models available in early 2020.

Their cheap to make hence Audi are changing over to them l personally can't stand them and won't buy a car who's MMI interface is solely reliant on them

I think they’re better on left hand drive cars so you operate it with your right hand. Assuming you’re right handed. Trying to press them with your left index finger, driving along over bumpy roads is a bit of a mission.

Reactions: KenL
Their cheap to make hence Audi are changing over to them l personally can't stand them and won't buy a car who's MMI interface is solely reliant on them

BMW for you until they change over too.