What's the standard non addaptive suspension like

sunshinewelly

Reaction score
Spent some time looking through the the forums and it seems that there are less people with the adaptive than with it. Just one car on audi approved for example with adaptive when I checked today

My current m135 does not have adaptive and its quite a harsh ride . On the m135 the ratio seems the other way with more people speccing it than not having it

With the s4 I am looking for a bit of comfort.

Does the car drive as well without it or do you need the adaptive for comfort

Does not the m135 have run flat tyres. If so then they may make for a harder ride..

I don't have adaptive and not actually driven a car with it. But I am still really impressed with the ride quality, I came from a current model jaguar XJ which comes with rear air suspension.

Sure it is firm and sporty but pretty good even on medium bumps.

If you can try a car with and without but I did not get the opportunity.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I have the adaptive on my S4, I wanted a car with a full breadth of ability when spending £50k+.

Does it help...yes.

Is it night and day...no.

Not sure why those adding adaptive is a minority but maybe it’s just down to price and other options are more desirable for some and you have to draw the line some where.

For me personally spending that much on a car that I wanted to tick a lot of boxes - comfortable cruiser or rapid sleeper for some fun, adaptive suspension and also opting for the sport diff were a must amongst other nice to haves.

Reactions: Daggerit
Spent some time looking through the the forums and it seems that there are less people with the adaptive than with it. Just one car on audi approved for example with adaptive when I checked today

My current m135 does not have adaptive and its quite a harsh ride . On the m135 the ratio seems the other way with more people speccing it than not having it

With the s4 I am looking for a bit of comfort.

Does the car drive as well without it or do you need the adaptive for comfort
I had adaptive on my m135i and was disappointed was too soft even on sport plus.
S4 I went normal and it’s pretty good smooth but firm no regrets. I had mag ride on the rs3 and it’s was good but I’m not missing in on the s4 it’s smooth and firm for the throughout about just load it up int corners and one power as your about to hit apex it’s decent

I don't have it and the car rides just right imho.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3
WTF all that dosh and no adaptive suspension
Didn't even want it on the 3 but was forced to get it as they lumped it together with sports exhaust!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3
Its a very good balance IMO. I had an 8P S3 a few years ago and that was way too hard. The S4 is more a cruiser and even the previous generation was a good balance between firm and comfort.

My S5SB is much more comfortable in comfort mode with the adaptive suspension than my 440i with BMW adaptive suspension was

I'm very glad I opted for it, I often drive in Auto suspension which is comparable I'm told to the passive suspension set up, and this is fine, but when you want it really smooth the comfort setting is sublime.

the car i ended up getting had standard suspension but its so much more comfy that the m135 i had before - that would loosen teeth on some roads

I specced the Comfort Dynamic suspension with my black edition and love the ride . it handles the bumps better than my 2016 A6 sline did and still corners fine and feels sporty the extra 2cm ride height isnt visibly noticeable.